A Few Suggestions...

Chreees

[quote name='The Jester' timestamp='1291708859' post='490557']
the problem is, I dont know that much
I thought that it should should be a forum where only veterans can post, so we would avoid too many posts,repetitions and useless information

p.s. I'll try to develop a full skeleton on that, so that it would be easier to understand me and make this
[/quote]

If we had a forum where only veterans can post, it would rarely have any useful activity.
If you have even the slightest question, just ask it, we don't mind.

We used to have a Wiki around here, but it disappeared some time ago. I'm not against something similar, sounds like a good idea.

the idea behind all of this; even I noticed people dont search, they just post an another topic about natural coals or about tangiers
a wiki would also be ok, but having different pages for everything requires too many searching
when I have a base skeleton of this, il either post it in topic here or send to mush to have his blessing

yeah I know
but checking forums today for FAQ's is pretty often since websites that do have FAQ's deliver limited information only on topics they consider important
I came her because I wanted to know more
but getting around here is pretty hard if you dont know alot
a noob first has to find out what is a KM or do a google search on everything people suggest (mod bowls, specific vases, shisha brands, hose types)
and sometimes, there just isn't enough time to wait for someone to reply on a question that is probably pretty simple

maybe I'm wrong but I think the forum would get more members, activity and whatsoever if we would offer a FAQ that would give people all the possible information we can share

This is how I have it in mind
[img]http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/263/kjklz.png[/img]

I forgot to add a suggestions subforum with topics on every subforum
Members would post they'r suggestions on how to improve every section of the FAQ and to keep it as clean as possible so getting around could be easy
here is a little idea how I imagined the quick lights topic

FIRST POST:

Quick lights info: bla blabla (someone smart to write this)

Good sides:

Bad sides:

How to ignite:

Things to keep an eye on: not puffing before covered in ash etc.....

SECOND POST

Brands; alphabetically with short terms that are used on the forum

Three Kings (3K, 3 Kings)

Duration: xy minutes

Estimated price: the middle price calculated from 3-4 good online shops

Recommendable: yes, no, and a short comment (2-4 sentences)

there would be as little posts as possible so that it can be compact

P.S.: this was made realy fast so many things, topics and forums are not listed
I apologize for my english if someone has some troubles with it

Merde..he's talking serious work on this place. :)

Though he does have a point. The problem is with 2 forum members you will end up with 3 opinions. :empathy2:

I'm going to drop this into the mods laps in the mod forum and see what we can come up with that is simple yet objective. It may just be a definition of terms mostly but we'll see what we can come up with. ;)

thats why i meant only veterans (or people with 500+ posts or chosen members) should have acces to talk about this
they should be mature enough to give objective opinions and not just say: "Herbal shisha is bad because it doesnt give me a buzz" ; but rather:"Reccomendable for people who dont want tobacco or nicotine."

[quote name='The Jester' timestamp='1291735162' post='490583']maybe I'm wrong but I think the forum would get more members, activity and whatsoever if we would offer a FAQ that would give people all the possible information we can share[/quote]

i'd think this would result in less activity...if you spell out EVERYTHING, then what else is there to ask? also, opinions matter...and they differ between everyone, even "veterans". just recently, Stuie (who is a very respected member of HF) commented that Hydro Herbal is a good choice for non-hookah tobacco and ranks it above Saalaam. My opinion (while not as well respected as Stuie's, but I hope it holds some weight around these parts) is that Saalaam is better. So, who's right? Well, we both are.

If you put in a fact sheet or similar, a consensus should be reached on each opinion. If someone puts anything in the "Good" section besides cheap (or crap), I'd have to disagree.

A forum, while a great place for information, shouldn't be a sheet of "information/facts". It should be used to discuss and express opinions, because everyone's will vary.

If you want to put one up for acronyms or links to vendors or the link, it'll be helpful...but, a few threads are already created with those topics.

to answer jay's questions
you would still get tons of questions like: what am I doing wrong? what would you suggest or recommend?.... and simmilar
I predict an increase in membership because I have done it for the same reason I think new people will join
I came here because there was a FAQ and I wanted to become a member of this community
and I believe a smarter member is a better member
and the vendors and brands wouldnt have opinions like: "yes, this is the best on the market", but rather something like:" members of hookahforum would recommend this"

(oh yeah, the search button is hard to handle...it truly is easier to post a new topic than find an old one....try inputing the word "coals"....mushrats topic on how he is pissed of is among the first 20....I dont realy see how that is more helpful than a detail FAQ)

[quote name='Travis' timestamp='1291904319' post='490753']
Now I'm curious.....
Mush, Chris, If you guys need a helper, you know where to find me.
[/quote]

Fo sure. It's in the mod section now, and when Mush says it's cool, I'll post it in the forums and you can tell me what you'd like to see added. Like Mush said, it's informational, not opinion-based. Mainly to help out newbies with questions or who need to know the basic setup of hookah, and general info on stuff.

[quote name='indian_villager' timestamp='1292687749' post='491699']
[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1291512099' post='490318']
cant eat yer damn cookies. Stoopid hypoglycemia.
Wonder where he went? :)
[/quote]

Where who went?
[/quote]

Jerry Paul.