Mya Saray Models...

Not me, Just got a brand new Colossus off the line. Glass looks great, Cloisonne is great. Everything seems Standard quality to me. Even my Mya Gelato Grande is fantastic in construction.

The old, full, sweeping cloisonne hookahs were magnificent. I haven't seen one in years though. The switch from Czech Glass to lower quality Czech glass to Romanian glass has been sketchy to me. I like the Czech Bohemians much better than the Romanian ones.

QUOTE (FactorE @ Sep 22 2009, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i just think the overall look isnt as breathtaking. especially the downgrade of the vases. kinda sucks they discontinued the old bohemian crystal vases to romanian ones.

I have yet to figure out why people think all the Paragon, Colossus, Gyro bases are Crystal. If you aren't paying 250-350$ the base itself... it's not crystal, it's glass with crystal style cuts and etching.

Not trying to hijack this thread, but what does everybody know about MYA? For starters, I know it's pronounced MEE-ya as opposed to MY-a. I found this out from calling the number on the website once. I guess the questions I have are, 1) Where are MYA's made? 2) Who is this Mya Saray guy? Just some designer? 3) What's up with those hideous "Pimp" hookahs on his website? Do people actually buy those?

QUOTE (ih303 @ Sep 24 2009, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not trying to hijack this thread, but what does everybody know about MYA? For starters, I know it's pronounced MEE-ya as opposed to MY-a. I found this out from calling the number on the website once. I guess the questions I have are, 1) Where are MYA's made? 2) Who is this Mya Saray guy? Just some designer? 3) What's up with those hideous "Pimp" hookahs on his website? Do people actually buy those?

1) They have manufacturing plants in Turkey, Romaninia, Czech Republic. (NOT CHINA)

2) It's a trade secret like the actual face of Eric.

3) Trying to capitalize on the Rap crowd. Apparently they buy them, they are out of stock on some models.

• 6 years later...
On 9/24/2009 at 10:48 AM, Stuie said:
QUOTE (ih303 @ Sep 24 2009, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1) They have manufacturing plants in Turkey, Romaninia, Czech Republic. (NOT CHINA)

2) It's a trade secret like the actual face of Eric.

3) Trying to capitalize on the Rap crowd. Apparently they buy them, they are out of stock on some models.

On 9/24/2009 at 9:52 AM, ih303 said:

Hey there, my name is Megan and I work at Mya. I wanted to answer some of your questions.

1) Where are MYA's made?

Mya hookahs are made from hand blown glass or crystal and all made in the Czech Republic currently. We make all our glass hookahs from solid colored glass so the color will never fade for the life of your Hookah. We also hand etch or hand paint all the decorations on the glass as well if it a pattern not just a plain glass model. We are the only producer of an authentic crystal hookah that not only is an elegant statement piece but still a fully functional hookah too. We own our own manufacturing plant in the Czech Republic as previously mentioned and do not have products that are made from china. We have locations in Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Lebanon and in the USA in Sterling, VA and Longwood, FL. The company from its conception over 40 years ago has and remains family owned and operated, including all locations throughout the world. 

2) Who is this Mya Saray guy? Just some designer?

Mya Saray isn't actually a person, it means "My Palace" in Turkish or Arabic. Mya duels also as the initials of a family member of the owning family. Here is a video we made about Mya Saray that explains a bit more about the company as well: 

3) What's up with those hideous "Pimp" hookahs on his website? Do people actually buy those?

These were custom designed for a specific high profile client per request. Since we own the plant we had more than he specifically requested and decided to make these to add to our retail collection. People actually really love these since they are more "exotic" and different than most items we carry.

I hope this helps answer your questions. If you ever need any help or have any questions we can always be reached at 877-277-8MYA (8692)!

Edited by MyaSaray