So, Guess What Time It Is?

Mailing money is illegal...OK, send me a genuine collectible United States Penny...any year of penny is fine. Its legal to send collectible coins through the mail.

If your mailing address is different than your ID address, enclose your mailing address, too.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Sep 1 2009, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mailing money is illegal...OK, send me a genuine collectible United States Penny...any year of penny is fine. Its legal to send collectible coins through the mail.

If your mailing address is different than your ID address, enclose your mailing address, too.

It's not illegal.
http://www.snopes.com/legal/postal/sendcash.asp

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Sep 1 2009, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is illegal to photocopy money. I had to to remind my intellectual property attorney of that...he likes to photocopy cash as a receipt. smile.gif

I looked into this a few years ago. It is only illegal to photocopy US currency if you intend do pass it off as legal tender.

FSU does get some lime though...

lol he's been craving.

You should see the chat from 10 mins ago.
They were all arguing about how many stamps to put on the letter.
Lol

"1 should do it."
"NO 2!"
"Nah, one would be enough"

lol oh man....

QUOTE (Zinite @ Sep 1 2009, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is illegal to photocopy money. I had to to remind my intellectual property attorney of that...he likes to photocopy cash as a receipt. smile.gif

I looked into this a few years ago. It is only illegal to photocopy US currency if you intend do pass it off as legal tender.

I think it's now 100% illegal.

Any form of photo copied US currency is illegal and a felony.
Unless the photocopy has a stamp across the distance of the paper bill labeling it as a photocopy. Edited by sleeperhit

QUOTE (sleeperhit @ Sep 1 2009, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Zinite @ Sep 1 2009, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it's now 100% illegal.

Any form of photo copied US currency is illegal and a felony.
Unless the photocopy has a stamp across the distance of the paper bill labeling it as a photocopy.

Hrmm looks like you're right.

" Printed reproductions, including photographs of paper currency, checks, bonds, postage stamps, revenue stamps, and securities of the United States and foreign governments (except under the conditions previously listed) are violations of Title 18, Section 474 of the United States Code. Violations are punishable by fines of up to $5,000, or 15 years imprisonment, or both."

There's another post where I got that from saying that if it's black and white it's okay. Confusing.

Black and White deff doesn't make it better. A while back there use to be a way to counterfet bills using colorless paper. Then bond the colors to it with a special agent that gave it the texture of US paper currency.

I remember that from 1995 actually.
Was a special on tv.

QUOTE (supersubby @ Sep 1 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
eric i will give you many sons!

I would rather wish for many daughters, in each one, I could be reminded of their graceful and beautiful mother.

Oh, how I wish I could have cheated for you, my love, but alas, if I can be untrue to these other people and unworthy of their trust, how could I be worthy of your love? This possibility is so repugnant and odious to me, I would rather be torn apart by wild horses than not to be worthy of your love, so I must remain true to these people so that our love can grow. Sweet irony; Bitter regret flowering from valor. Oh how unfair love can be! Great temples to love that have no color...sonnets to your visage that rhyme in a cheap carnival sideshow way.

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Sep 1 2009, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (supersubby @ Sep 1 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
eric i will give you many sons!

I would rather wish for many daughters, in each one, I could be reminded of their graceful and beautiful mother.

Oh, how I wish I could have cheated for you, my love, but alas, if I can be untrue to these other people and unworthy of their trust, how could I be worthy of your love? This possibility is so repugnant and odious to me, I would rather be torn apart by wild horses than not to be worthy of your love, so I must remain true to these people so that our love can grow. Sweet irony; Bitter regret flowering from valor. Oh how unfair love can be! Great temples to love that have no color...sonnets to your visage that rhyme in a cheap carnival sideshow way.

praising.gif

Would like to have sex with me?

I don't know why I'm asking but....
After reading that......
I wan't you.
And I'm not even gay...

Woot! My card is copied, penny added, and my letter is written out. Most importantly I have a nice liberty bell stamp attached to the envelope waiting for its date with the post office tomorrow.