Hookah Peeves

Having the cops call on me for smoking my hookah and having to explain it to them. I just smoke at my house, or at a friends house where they do not care if I smoke there or not. Edited by delSol_si

QUOTE (Stuie @ Aug 6 2009, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People who smoke a hookah like it's something else.

People who I invite over bringing people without asking.

Fumari Bags. I don't get any messier packing a bowl than when I pull it out Fumari.

1) HATE it when people come over uninvited. If the person is being a dumb ass I just tell them to GTFO, my apt, my hookah, my rules.
- always thought it was just me, glad to see others feel the same way.

2) People who ask the obvious retarded question about hookah being used for NHT, if you're curious, cool I don't mind, but if you assume and say hey we should do this, I say hey you should GTFO.

3) Like many others, I HATE it when people try to mess with my hookah without permission. It's a special reserved practice for people I've taught how to handle hookah or friends that hookah which I respect. A limited few.
-But on the bright side most friends are loyal to this rule, and I've had a guy let the coals ash and burn out because I wasn't around without touching them.

4) People who take my seat when I get up to do something. Yes I have an awesome hookah chair, but that's because at my place I'm hookah aficionado, If someone is hosting me, they get the best seat, end of discussion.

On the bright side though, my friends have learned my peeves and respect them. So no uninvited friends, unless I permit it. no messing with the hookah, taking my seat, or asking questions without a desire to learn.

QUOTE (combs08 @ Aug 6 2009, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uh oh, someone may get banned.

Already did. Felt REALLY bad about it, as he seems like a really fun and chill guy, but I feel like I gotta be fair and I also feel like I have the responsibility as a mod to do so. Just because a guy seems chill isn't an excuse for me to excuse him from the rules and the consequences. Hope he doesn't take it personally.

Guys, stay off the NHT references please. I don't like being an ass. But, if you are an ass, feel free to break the rules so I can suspend you tongue.gif

QUOTE (Zinite @ Aug 6 2009, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ashes87 @ Aug 6 2009, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think he was just trying to make a point on that it is what people ask him, instead asking "What are you smoking", but then again, a ban is up to the discretion of the mods, we can debate it all we want though, within reason smile.gif

Unfortunately there's no room for debate.

2) Do not discuss substances that are illegal in the United States. This is a US based forum and we follow US laws. See the seperate Stickie for specifics on Illegal Substances. You must be of legal smoking age in your home country to be a member of the Forum. Do not post pictures that include illegal substances or devices for smoking illegal substances. the only exception to this rule is in discussions reguarding hookah misconceptions or problems you've had while smoking your hookah. In this situation use the terms NH for a non-hookah device and NHT for non-hookah tobacco. Any other use of these terms will be considered a violation of the rules.

Trust me, I didn't want to make the ban, but feel it was only fair. I have had tons of questions for the perma mods and feel that if I were to just edit his post, then I would not be doing my job properly.

people who insist on punching the foil, but can't do it worth even a half of a quarter of a damn.

twelve pencil sized holes does not a good smoke make. Hell, push comes to shove, take a plastic fork, break off one prong, use a knife to cut the other prongs to sharp points and use them to punch holes just like the shrimpfork method.

The other thing is hose tuggers....nothing screws up a session like having the hookak tip over on your ottoman, and having coals burn up the microfiber just because some fool who is the only sober one in the room has less sense than the 5-6 other piss drunk people there.

A few of my pet peeves are:

People having a long conversation without giving anyone else the hose they just go on and on and on with the hose in there hand.

(In Lounges) People that knock into every hookah trying to get to a place and always end up knocking into it and drop a coal and the coal splits into pieces and you end up buying more because the hookah lounge gives you like 2.

When friends release the valve and forget to put it back the whole session and I end up finding out after the hookah ends up not hitting.

When you have to jam grommets in for them to even work.

People who say "Ay you got a condom" instead of a mouth tip. It's not even funny it's just retarded.

People that slobber all over the hose.

When the bottom of the charcoal is the only thing not lit and it doesn't hit untill you blow on it till its fully lit when the bottom is ALWAYS the last part to be lit.

When some random person at a hookah lounge just randomly takes 1 of my charcoals then I have to kick is knee in and take it back. 2 Fights from this would not suggest doing that, Won 1, Other worker broke up.

I don't have that many problems, because almost every session is shared with a friend that I trust, not random people, or someone ruining the session because he thinks the coal should be in the middle of the bowl.

Anyways, heres a few:

1. The cleaning process. My sink is not big enough for any of my stems (except the QT, but I never use that), so I have to use the shower. Always feels like a real hassle, but that's just something I have to live with unless I want awesome ghosting.

2. Having to hide my hookahs. I recently moved to a new city, and I rent a room from this guy who I don't know how feels about hookah. Since he's Norwegian there's about a 99% chance that he thinks it's a NHT-device, and 99% he wouldn't condone smoking in the room anyways. And there's not a chance in hell he'll let me smoke outdoors, since his children are running around. So yeah, I'll have to hide it for the time being. Luckily I have my own entrance, and he said he wouldn't enter the single room occupancy unless there's an emergency, so it probably won't be that big of a problem.

3. Having to remove the smoke detector in my room before every session. Edited by Balthazar

hmmmm

1. Dont slobber on my hose (hookah hose).

2. Be respectful and dont ask me for the hose.....And yes i will smoke it for like 10min at a time, but I will also let you smoke it that same amount of time...normally we have our own hookahs lol

3. Dont torch the shit out of the bowl and than pass it to me (makes me wanna kill someone)

4. Let me know if your gonna light your ql using my already lit ql...it sucks not knowing and inhaling starting chemicals bad.gif

5. You can move my coals only if I trust you know what your doing (not that big of a deal considering many of my friends are more knowledgeable with hookah than I am)

6. DO NOT BLOW SMOKE IN MY FACE! It is a sign of disrespect and I dont wanna smell your stank ass breath.

7. If it is my hookah do not act like a dick towards me (unless I am being one...let me know lol)

Edit: I suck at grammar and typing haha Edited by srawas89

1.) Lighting QL and sometimes it just wont heat up. I dont know why it happens

2.) Finishing a tabacco that you dont really like but still smoking it because you dont want to waste money. ( Currently doing sleep.gif )

3.) Ending up not liking the flavor.

4.)When the bowl ends really quick.

5.) Dont ask for the hose just wait for your turn.

6.) People that keep talking and just holding on to the hose for a long ass time Edited by Matchew

Not having enough time to smoke and relax.

Not having enough friends that smoke hookah to come over and chill.

Once those are solved I'll have stuff to gripe about.

I was always hoping my gf would be my little hookah monkey, lighting and flipping coals, filling up vases etc. She was cool with it for the first to times what once she got it down there was a lot of resistance on her end. I guess id just like it if she did whatever i said exactly how i want it done at that moment with no complaining

we can always dream

you got me thinking. It irks me that my wife used to smoke with me and now she doesn't. almost at all. I miss smoking with her but half the time she tries she hacks up a lung, first puff. The only thing she has been able to smoke well lately was Starbuzz, so I guess I'll have to keep some on hand.

People who take huge hits off the hookah and inhale way too hard. I have a smaller hookah that I use when friends come over and the same guy always takes these massive hits and inhales as hard as he can... Always manages to get water up in the hose. I hate that!

Oh, and once I had someone blow into the hose to clear it of some harshness and she ends up blowing into the hose as hard as she can... water manages to go up the stem, into the bowl, ruining the coal and the entire session.

!!! I had a friend ruin the best tangiers session ive ever had by blowing into the hose. still makes me mad thinking about it.

My biggest one stems from my previous residence I used to live in a big party house and people kindly invite themselves to smoke with me Its unbelievable new place and no problems.

Other things are

people bothering me in public

people touching my hookah

people who if they are smoking with me won't help me out (for instance if I ask them to fill a water bottle up)

people who take MY things for granted

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Aug 7 2009, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
!!! I had a friend ruin the best tangiers session ive ever had by blowing into the hose. still makes me mad thinking about it.

I feel your pain... Maybe it's time to start a "support group". Forum members can login and discuss their most emotionally and psychologically damaging moments when they smoked with idiots. good2.gif It's a step on the road to recovery...

hookah bars with no idea what the hell there doing.
cool-aid hookah bandwagon shisha tobacco
micro puff pass smoke killers
people who smoke wrong and hack a loung up
putting anything but water in the base
that dude that drools all over everything
herbal shisha

1. Explaining the hookah misconceptions to family members, repeatedly.

2. Wondering WHY in the hell has my new hookah/shisha order been sitting in Denver for the last day and a half and not continuing it's journey to me!!!!(Via shipping tracking number hahaha)

3. Drunk girls around my hookah, always and forever.

QUOTE (dakur001 @ Aug 6 2009, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only real pet peeve I can think of now is when people who I invite over to smoke with me just pick up my tongs and move the coals around without asking first, even if the smoke isn't harsh or I've moved the coals recently myself...I get that they're trying to be helpful, and if I were a beginner and didn't understand heat management it wouldn't irk me, but I have my way of doing things and it sort of gets on my nerves when people assume I don't know how to do it myself or just like moving the coals for no goddamn reason.

Ya I hate that! But more when people i dont know during one of my parties comes over and starts telling me what Im doing wrong and what I should be doing, etc etc etc. Its like bro, I GOT IT UNDER CONTROL!!!!!

Seems like everyone has said mot of mine. My biggest one is when I tell people that they are not an nht device and they insist on its better and a waste with tobacco. They insult hookah the whole time and dont even try it, and to them, they can politely go fuck themselves

just thought of a new one, when you order a different flavor and expect it to taste the like it supposed to and it doesn't, for instance just had some JM mixed fruits and it taste floral, WTF!!

-Bad batches of tabacco
-Not being able to get Tangiers to smoke right
-People that say hookah is like smoking 5 packs of cigs (curse them all!)
-Having to tell those people they are idiots and have no idea what they are talking about
-People who don't appreciate how well my hookah smokes and tastes (compared to bars/friends)
-Trying new flavors out and figuring out they suck
-People who think they know everything about hookah, and then set it up and it tastes like shit

It could go forever, but I'll end it here smile.gif