Won't Be Watching F-1 Anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm sure it will be unpopular, but I feel he is somewhat correct, and what he said is made out to be worse than it is.

He was not supporting Hitler, rather he only said that he respects that he was able to get millions of people to do what he wanted, and as for Saddam and the Taliban, while they were horrible leaders, they kept their countries strictly controlled. We have yet to be able to do the same.

(Side note: My personal opinion for government in the middle east is to let them do what they want. Their culture is based around a monarchy. Let them have a monarchy, don't try to force our mode of governance onto them just because it worked out ok for us. The only meddling we should even consider is to simply support the candidate that we think will be a better leader for that country, not just for our interests.)

And about democracy, he wasn't supporting anything else, he just thinks it is not the best option. We don't know whether he thinks that is in relation to current options or not.

QUOTE (jellywerker @ Jul 30 2009, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sure it will be unpopular, but I feel he is somewhat correct, and what he said is made out to be worse than it is.

He was not supporting Hitler, rather he only said that he respects that he was able to get millions of people to do what he wanted, and as for Saddam and the Taliban, while they were horrible leaders, they kept their countries strictly controlled. We have yet to be able to do the same.

(Side note: My personal opinion for government in the middle east is to let them do what they want. Their culture is based around a monarchy. Let them have a monarchy, don't try to force our mode of governance onto them just because it worked out ok for us. The only meddling we should even consider is to simply support the candidate that we think will be a better leader for that country, not just for our interests.)

And about democracy, he wasn't supporting anything else, he just thinks it is not the best option. We don't know whether he thinks that is in relation to current options or not.

The problem is not so much the logic of what he said, its that he is in his position but still brought up Hitler and a redeeming quality. It's just not smart and not really in good taste. As someone who is supposed to be running a multi-national organization, he just has to know better. What seems to be the case is that he just does not give a crap about offending anyone. If that is the case, he is in the wrong job position.