You Think Your Mother-in-law Is Crazy?

Yesterday while I was at work my wife recieved a suprise visit from a Child Protective Services agent. They interviewed her and my 4 year old to see if we are abusing our kids. Although it is kept confidential, through details in the complaint we deduced as we suspected that it was filed by my wife's mother.

Falsly.

Coincidentally rolleyes.gif about a month after she accused me of abuse and we figured she might be displacing her own guilt and told her we'd be taking a break from her for some time.

I love my children more than anything and have sacrificed my all to give them a better and more well-adjusted childhood than my wife and I had.

So now I have to schedule an appointment with the CPS worker to interview with her since I was not present.

My wife is going out to the district court to file for a Personal Protection Order (civil restraining order) because all is pointing to a possible plan to take our children for her evil mother-in-law own.

I really don't have the energy to type it all out and explain the history, but yeah, the woman is nuts. Nuts. Like, in her own world doesn't perscribe to reality fucked up vengeful mentally ill nuts.

Needless to say she will never ever see her granddaughters or us again.

Just spoke to the worker and she'll be over at about noon (Michigan time) on Monday so if you have any prayers or good vibes to send that's the time to do it!

I'll pray for you.

My mother-in-law is not far from that. Not sure I mentioned it here cause it was just insane.

After the baby was born she was making my wife cry all the time we asked her to leave. She breaks down calls me names, an alcholic, accuses me of trying to steal her daughter away from her...on and on and on....yelling us for not taking the baby back to the hospital cause she was slightly Jaundos (sp?). Everything was fine accused us of being bad parents.

We haven't talked since... it's been wonderful. But I full expect that to happen to me soon. She's psycho.

I feel for you brother, all though yours seems to take the "TOTAL BAT SHIT CRAZY" Award by a land side, I feel you brother!

Well, she gave me a recurve and a sniper bow with arrows a few Christmases ago so if I'm ever challenged to a duel I think it would only be appropriate........

lol, thanks IV

That really goes beyond sucking. I hate to hear this.
My mother-in-law was one of the greatest people that ever came into my life. I knew her for 23 years at the time she passed away in 2000. I still miss her everyday the same as I do my Dad.
I got real lucky on mother-in-laws and wished this was the case for everybody.

something you guys and gals can do to help me out please please please

I decided to research a bit into what reprecussions there are for filing a false child abuse claim and it seems that in most states, Michigan included, it is illegal and very much punishable although punishments don't happen often.

I'm having a hard time finding anything other than op-ed type articles though. If you can help me look for factual info on persuing this I would be very very grateful.

I want the bitch in trouble for pulling this shit, I hope you can understand that.

Thanks peoples!

my girlfriends mother doesn't speak any english, maybe it isnt such a bad thing.

sorry to hear that shes a real pain in the ass, hopefully it skipped a generation or two.

So it seems I'm lucky we live when we do. I never knew that in the 1980s and 90s, CPS was notoriously corrupt and would take children away for all sorts of false reasons, including un-investigated false reports.

There has since been alot of progress.

I have to say that reading through all the horror stories scared me shitless.

I recieved a great blessing Thank G-D. My sposes mother was a gem and the father and I were extemly close.I have a number of son in laws and daughter in laws. My way is "hands off". Actually its not "my way". Our children marry women around 20 or less men around 23. The married couplecome before everything including "what the parents want". I not only don't express my opinin of their marriages, I don't even consider having that right in the first place. On the other hand, when the younger ask for help financially or emotionally etc, we want to help no strings attatched.

Wow sorry to hear that shit GNR, things will work out for ya. Definitely look into protecting yourself from that crazy bitch. Be careful cause you have a Colorado based crazy-high-powered-good-vibes-laser-thingamajigy pointed at your dome.

Sounds too good to ask for TizaNabi, that's more or less what we want to be for our kids, perhaps with a bit more involvement and input (it's the American way lol). Thanks for positively contributing to your relationships.

I still can't believe this mess sad.gif

So I looked up Sociopathy and Antisocial Personality Disorder (many consider them to be the under the same umbrella which also includes psychopathy even to the point of interchangability) and go figure the old bat falls DIRECTLY into 95% of the qualifiers.

I'm quite literally dealing with a sociopath.

And Funk, sounds like a good laser to have aimed my way.

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Jun 27 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
something you guys and gals can do to help me out please please please

I decided to research a bit into what reprecussions there are for filing a false child abuse claim and it seems that in most states, Michigan included, it is illegal and very much punishable although punishments don't happen often.

I'm having a hard time finding anything other than op-ed type articles though. If you can help me look for factual info on persuing this I would be very very grateful.

I want the bitch in trouble for pulling this shit, I hope you can understand that.

Thanks peoples!

GNR, I feel for ya man, your post almost gave me a flashback, and sent me screaming into the night.

Had the crazy MIL. similar problem. She thought she was a vampire (ya, no shit, crazy as they come) after she started getting to a point I considered her a threat, she was banned from our, well, everything. She went nuts, called CPS, the whole line. My woman had the foresight to throw CPS out when they showed up, and called the cops on them. At least there, CPS has no power of entry without some proof beyond a vague report. I threw money at a lawyer and over 3 months of fighting she beat CPS in court. They never got the right to interview anyone, or "walk through" (CPS talk for root through everything you own without a warrant). I did get the name of the person reporting, through a judges order. Filed a civil against her, but had trouble proving any damage beyond lawyer expenses. Judgment against her for 7500.$ never collected, but sufficient to obtain a RO against her. We moved, no one ever talked to her again, and I found her in the SSDI last year! DING DONG the wicked witch is dead !!! rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif wink.gif tongue.gif .

It says allot about our justice system when any tosser can file a false/anon/vague report with an agency, and suddenly you are in the position of trying to prove you are not guilty. By it's very nature, trying to prove a negative is difficult.

I have a good friend (As amazing is one may find it, I do have a few) who is a guardian ad liedem attorney, he told me it is rare for anyone to come out on top in a duel with those jackboots (his term for them, not mine). He said if they ever wanted to interview his kids, he would abandon his home and be in another state the next morning. Their job is to get kids into the foster program, nothing more. To that end they plan each question. They are master manipulators, and will start an interview with a definite anti-male bias. They show up 100% sure you are chester-the-mollester, and just need to weasle it out of someone. Get ready for some absurd questions. Lawyer is good. VERY good. Maybe call legal aid if you are short in the lawyer-fund account and the problems continue. In the end, even if they find nothing, they keep all the info, and if it happens again they will say you have a "history of prior reports" just to bolster their case.

Store any, and ALL things that may look like a weapon someplace else. I am a BATF title III dealer, that was a big issue for them. They wanted permission to poke through everything looking for arms. (they didn't get it.). No matter how well you are storing stuff, it's not going to be good enough for them. just the fact it is in the structure will get you screwed.

Check photo albums, and pix collections. That innocent pix of the kid playing in the tub full of soap bubbles will get you hosed.

The whole mess left the kids confused, and a bit damamged, however seemingly not permenantly.

They never prosecute false accusers. Any DA will tell you trying to make the case requires proving they knew the accusations were false, and that they made them with forethought and malicious intent.

You are lucky to have a woman who realizes her mother is bat-shit-crazy. Get the crazy-woman out of your life, and keep her there. I would guess there are a few more rounds in the match before you are done.

Hell, at least she doesn't think she is a vampire! For me, even showing that she had been in the booby-hatch for more than 5 years over 3 times didn't matter, her report was still golden. Yes, it was durring the '80's, but CPS hasn't changed, just gotten less obvious.

Take care dealing with those assholes, my friend, they are not good news.

thanks for the support Scotsman, sounds like you and I have a bit in common there lol, sorry you had to go through that.

45 minutes till the visit, and although I'm nervous as anynone would be in the face of a false accusation of abuse against the things you love the most in life, I can only hope that honesty and goodness win out.

Thanks dudes and dudettes!

Well, I go away for the weekend and GNR has to slap a bitch! Too bad your not in the same county as me, because as luck would have it, my wife works for the Department of Human Services as a Foster Care case worker and deals with CPS on a daily basis. Too bad your too far away for any of her pull to work, but Ill ask her when she gets home tonight about false reporting. Too bad around here, there are never false reports, only real ones.

Thanks Brandon. Please ask her what she knows about what actions we can take to nail my MIL for a false report. She needs to pay for this but we wont go about it on anything other than the high road.

Had the visit. We're fine. She was really nice, interviewed me, and let me know after 10 minutes that she'll be going back to the office to close the case right away.

I also made sure, without being aggresive, to let her know that (I can't believe we forgot about this) the MIL was hospitalized last year for stress induced dimensia and halucinations and threw out the anxiety medication prescription they gave to her. Since the visit is in the hospitals medical records, I figured it would be good to give a factual reason that she's nutso, instead of emotional responses.

I will say, when she let me know we are fine, I teared up and had to choke back the flood.

More later, thanks for all the support.