"old" New Hookah Lovers

Hey now I'm one of those 20 somethings sad.gif Im nice to everyone and ban-free thus far tongue.gif

<3 u anyways mush tongue.gif

Hi SilverK, welcome to the forum!
It's a well organized forum, I've learned a lot about smoking hookah here, scored an excellent used hookah, and gotten many tips on deals and such.
Well, I'm, uh 49. My son and his buddies introduced me to the hookah. I went nuts and got all outfitted, now they hit me up for a bowl from time to time. I smoke with my son fairly often. It may not be the healthiest bonding practice, but it sure is enjoyable.

CHeers

Welcome to the forum! I'm just shy of the big four oh, so I kinda fall into the category (though male).

I've had a fantastic, thought provoking, and very educational time here on the forum in the last month or so since I joined. And don't scoff at the ability this place has to make one what to spend, spend, spend! But its all worth it in the end ;-)

QUOTE (Scalliwag @ Apr 17 2009, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome to the forum. I'm on the backside of 40 sad.gif There's rocks, mountains and glaciers younger than me!
This is a great group of folks here. I learn a lot from them. Thanks to many members on this forum the hookah is alive and well and even as old as the tradition is there have been improvements.
Southnert is one of the members that has been around longest and the inventor of the phunnel bowl as well as Tangiers shisha. How cool is that? wink.gif

Hiya Scalliwag smile.gif Nice to meet another agemate! And you're quite right in that the members here are very inviting! Great forum, compared to others I've browsed but cannot name...I did read the rules! biggrin.gif

And yes, I was referring to Southnert (called him the Skeletor Avatar-sorry Southnert!) Well now I know who to hit up (nicely!) to get a phunnel with the colors and stringers I want! Southnert: I'm a glassworker myself, not hard glass but soft glass. What I do is called lampworking.

Not sure I've read enough to be sold on trying Tangiers...but time will tell!
tongue.gif

QUOTE (EternalSoil @ Apr 16 2009, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So many things went through my mind while reading this thread... I'll leave them there though. Many things that go on in that thing are not to be let loose among the public.

Welcome to the forum! Both of you!! ZombieDoll, I am going to call you kiddo from now on, sorry. blame your mother...

Do the two of you smoke together often? I think that would be pretty fun to smoke with my mom... maybe... My mother was about silvers age when she had me so.... yeah huge generation gap.

It's always fun with new members. especially the slightly older ones that may have more money than some of us. This place has demons that make you spend lots of moneys on bowls, hookahs, hoses, shisha, coals, and other stuff. Kiddo will be jealous!

Thanks Eternal for the welcome, even with your alluding to some "odd" thoughts about me and my kiddo. Yes, we smoke together often, and it IS nice to bond over hookah. Have you gotten your mom to try hookah? She might surprise you... For us it's especially enjoyable when we add the cable show Ninja Warrior into the mix (check it out on G4, it's hysterical!) yahoo.gif And she gets to smoke the flavors I bought but don't like. They're my hand-me-downs...

LOL at how us older smokers can afford more toys, shisha trials and the like. Very true! And it's something I took into consideration when I read the shisha reviews, because I have bought the pricier ones (and have been quite pleased!) shok.gif

And HI COTSI! I won't hold your age against you - or anyone else's - as long as y'all don't hold my age against ME!
Edited by SilverK

QUOTE (smoke eater @ Apr 17 2009, 06:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi SilverK, welcome to the forum!
It's a well organized forum, I've learned a lot about smoking hookah here, scored an excellent used hookah, and gotten many tips on deals and such.
Well, I'm, uh 49. My son and his buddies introduced me to the hookah. I went nuts and got all outfitted, now they hit me up for a bowl from time to time. I smoke with my son fairly often. It may not be the healthiest bonding practice, but it sure is enjoyable.

CHeers

Hi back at ya smoke eater (since you're 49 can I call you old man?) wink.gif

Ya gotta love our nearly grown-up kiddos for introducing us to the finer things in life! So your lad only hits you up for a bowl just from time to time? Hmmm...you've got a better deal going than me! The only thing that I think is not healthy about sharing hookah would be the health risks. Other than that I've always figured kids are going to do what they want, so the best thing us 'rents can do is have a big open line of communication, so they don't feel like they have to hide their choices from us. Can't beat that approach with a stick! tongue.gif

QUOTE (mushrat @ Apr 17 2009, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heh, of course i meant no offense to the 20 somethings. Most of my friends fall into that category. hi.gif

Everyone here is cool and as you can see, friendly as hell. smile.gif

Just had to reveal to the young 'uns here that YOU'RE friendly as hell, and that I appreciate your welcoming PMs biggrin.gif (Am I kissing up enough to get that DejaVu review thread going? Cuz once they get their distribution going outside of AZ, I think a lot of members are going to enjoy their shisha. Even if it IS a little pricier!)

LOL if you have any questions i can probably answer them ive tried most of the stuff on the market and like to think i know what im talking about. Be warned though i can be a little harsh on stuff though lol biggrin.gif