One Bad Day

Ok I started my first bowl of shisha around 7am this morning dropped the coal on my foot and it went between my toes. after a few quick shakes of my foot it finaly became unloged when i acedently kicked a hole in my counter door while trying to get my flesh to quit siring. undeterd by this and still determend to smoke I got my bowl going but for some odd reson I got no smoke so i let it set for about 2 minutes and came back to find it burned all to hell causing me to nearly hack up a lung.

so I fixed a new bowl and tryed again (after nocking 250g of layalina cherry off the counter and into my dogs food bowl) then I went to my local "shop" wich isnt exactly local its a 40 minute drive. and its not exactly a shisha shop eathier its geared more to nht products and hookahs are just an after thought. well anyway I walked in and the first thing I notice is it smells like a funneral home in there. the manager comes running out of the back telling me he will sell me all his rose shisha for half price if i will just get it out of there. then he gets mad becuase I say no.(this is the same guy not 2 weeks earlier I told I hated rose shisha.) I buy some soex and some king mashal (blueberry never had that brand so I thought I would try it.) and i buy some quick lights too. well i get outside in the car and all i can smell is that "funneral home" smell I walk into the house and aperently I reak of it becuase my mom ask me why I smell like a french whore.

well i load a bowl of soex wich both the soex and king mashal both smell like dead roses i light 2 quick lights one of wich "pops" and catches me in the eye with a hot spark. well i started smoking the soex it taste like roses diped in tobassco sauce. well I would not take that so I switched to the king mashal and now it taste like rose with an after taste of blueberry and shit.

can some one please tell me how the hell the rose taste got through plastic rapped cardbord and into a vacume sealed bag that IS INSIDE ANOTHER VACUME SEALED BAG? oh and ill count this two since it happend around 12:30 last night. I washed my base and it was solid red that moved to a dark almost black red at the top. now notice I said WAS? all the darker colored paint on it fell off when i washed it. (and I have washed this thing a thousand times over with out so much as even a scratch.) on a plus note as I am typing this out I am smoking a second bowl of soex and I think I am starting to like that tobbasco flaver and the burning it is causing in the back of my throught.

girl_flag_of_truce.gif I surender hookah gods girl_flag_of_truce.gif

One time, when I was still doing R&D, back in 2002 or 2003, I was in a local hookah lounge, who used to let me test drive my stuff in there and I was taking my hookah back to the kitchen to clean up, but I left the coal on the bowl and then managed to bump the hookah on my way back, showering hot coal everywhere. I took a couple of more steps, with my hands full of hookah and such and realized something was terribly wrong. A hot coal had dropped into my shirt pocket...burned a hole in my skin and the shirt.

The next day, the same general thing happened! More charcoal in a different shirt. This time, I guessed that coal in the pocket was a possibility and hurried back and doused it before it burned through. From that point on, I never move hookahs with coal and keep the hookah at waist level, to protect my pocket, and hold it at arm's length. I like disasters like this. It makes me address how to do things better...maybe something good can come out of these disasters!

methinks you should also try some better baccy, and ditch the soex. Just my opinion. We've all had bad hookah days. Smoking with my GF and her brother, he pulled too hard on the hose, coals went onto the couch under her... she lept up quick but still got burned some on the back of her leg, I picked her up and somehow managed to hold her with just my arms off the couch from a sitting position next to her, still dunno how I did that. Anyways, she seems to be unlucky around coals, one time a coal popped and part went on the ground, on a rug, neither of us noticed. She stepped on it and i burned her heel pretty bad =( She's not so big on the hookah anymore =(

-Z

Sonthert's post made me hurt reading it...just because I had a coal get into my shorts pocket before when on the couch....that was rather unpleasant.

Basic rule....if you have a lot going on, don't hookah. If you have to transport it, place the coals in a deep coal tray that's securely attatched, or use a coal bucket.

today sucked for me for different reasons...my rearview mirror keeps falling off, and the stupid glue kits aren't working...I'm about ready to say F-it and superglue the silly thing to my windshield.

back many moons ago I had a welding business and my bread and butter was installing/replacing staircases, handrails, pool and perimeter fences etc at mostly apartment complexes. On this particular day I was replacing steps in a two story staircase and because of the ground underneat I had to position my ladder really odd. It put me in a position at the top of the ladder to where I was standing on the second rung from the top and having to balance against the all with one hand and my cutting torch in the other.
After talking to the manager I had forgot to untuck my shirt.
So I start cutting loose the first step and a big molten piece of slag falls down the back of my pants where came to a stop betwixt my butt-cheeks!!! I let out a huge ARRRRRR!!!!! and damn near fell off the ladder. All I could do was grit my teeth and wait for it to stop roasting my ass. I could not even step my way down the ladder. I turned off the torch and lowered it to the ground and made my way down far enough to get my hands on the top rung. Fortunately I was not the fatass I am know so I was able to put my feet to the sides of the ladder and use my hands to "step" down the ladder. ohmy.gif

As far as what happened to you Charley I have had days that I really just needed to not do anything after the first few screwups. It's like you are snakebit for the day and even the most miniscul things manage to turn out effed up. Call it a day bro and get some rest. It just was not your day bro sad.gif

someone tugged too hard on my bambino one time and knocked 2 coco nara's off the bowl. the larger one landed on the carpet and i leaned over the table(putting my hand on the table to stabalize myself) and dumped a glass of water on the coal to put it out. Well, the heel of my palm pressed down on a piece of the other coal, which was about half the size of a normal coco, and i completely crushed it. I instantly smacked all the embers off my hand but i had already completely charred the top layer of skin and had a blister that was about 2.5 inches across... i hurt everytime i moved my had for about 3 weeks

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Apr 12 2009, 03:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One time somebody knocked over a hookah, I caught the hookah with one hand and one of the charcoals sliding off the bowl with the other hand.

NEEENJA!

Roomates Chihuahua just fell off the couch, knocked over the hose pulling the hookah..coals landed in the dish, I laughed hysterically.

I remember one time we were smoking at a friends house some years ago and my friend didn't have tongs he bumped the table at this girls house and I ended up picking up 3 coals with my hand

on top of that the table was ruined and cost me $100 I was in high school at the time so that was actually a big chunk of cash

Charley, why would you even attempt to smoke Soex after having such a bad time?? That is just asking for more trouble. The reason it smelled and taste like dead roses/funeral home as you put it is because everyone that carries soex just makes it themselves. They just order Soex boxes from the company, then just go around and pick up some weeds, grass, dead flowers and such to put in the box. If they have any animals, especially horses, they usually will take some of the animal shit and mix it in as well. In this case, I am guessing the guy used his old dead roses and was mixing it right there in the shop, absorbing all the stinks.