*official* Mya Acrylic Order Thread

SixPackSunday

Right, because i was smart enough to know this was going to end badly.

My "Negative Nancy" is worried about this FORUM being used for WIRE FRAUD. Which, if some of the folks who trusted you to know what you were doing, decide they have been ripped off and file a complaint it probably will be considered. I do not want the forum to be involved in such a complaint. My "Negative Nancy" is worried about the, i think you said 2 GRAND, you said you have been sent that you can't access and can't personally cover. THIS "Negative Nancy" RUNS this bloody forum that you have caused this mess in and expects you to "Handle" it in the very near future. You all are obviously "handling" it so well already....

My suggestion, anyone who wants out contact Pay-pal and ask for a refund. The rest of you, do NOT complain if it isn't going the way it should or you are unhappy with the time it is taking. Remember, trade at your own risk.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for that mushy, whats paypal going to refund them with? my money thats locked up? that wont work I assure you. Its been tried by others in the past.

Again, I'm doing what I can to work this out, but thanks a ton for making everybody feel much less optimistic about it.

QUOTE (mushrat @ Apr 19 2009, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My "Negative Nancy" is worried about this FORUM being used for WIRE FRAUD. Which, if some of the folks who trusted you to know what you were doing, decide they have been ripped off and file a complaint it probably will be considered. I do not want the forum to be involved in such a complaint. My "Negative Nancy" is worried about the, i think you said 2 GRAND, you said you have been sent that you can't access and can't personally cover. THIS "Negative Nancy" RUNS this bloody forum that you have caused this mess in and expects you to "Handle" it in the very near future. You all are obviously "handling" it so well already....

My suggestion, anyone who wants out contact Pay-pal and ask for a refund. The rest of you, do NOT complain if it isn't going the way it should or you are unhappy with the time it is taking. Remember, trade at your own risk.

Mush, I've only ever had an issue with one or two of your posts, and this is definitely one of them.

You HELP run this forum with the other hard working admins and mods, and to be perfectly honest I disagree with your approach to this topic. Your post is subjective, emotional, and in some parts exaggerated. None of which I believe is constructive in your part of HELPING run this forum.

Personally I think Six Pack is attempting to handle it properly on both ends with the seller and with paypal. The only reason there was a problem is because a forum member didn't follow the rules of payment. Which I doubt was your assertion as to the 'problem' that might occur. It sounds like he's handling the seller end well with escrow, and there's only so much you can do with paypal (I've dealt with them extensively in the past.) But of course let's not offer any suggestions just non constructive criticisms.

As a leader you're supposed to set the example for other members. For you to complain and then ask other members not to complain is not the Mush I know. So I'm hoping it was just a temporary flare up, because personally I like the regular Mushy pirate.png

QUOTE (liquidglass @ Apr 19 2009, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mush, I've only ever had an issue with one or two of your posts, and this is definitely one of them.

You HELP run this forum with the other hard working admins and mods, and to be perfectly honest I disagree with your approach to this topic. Your post is subjective, emotional, and in some parts exaggerated. None of which I believe is constructive in your part of HELPING run this forum.

Personally I think Six Pack is attempting to handle it properly on both ends with the seller and with paypal. The only reason there was a problem is because a forum member didn't follow the rules of payment. Which I doubt was your assertion as to the 'problem' that might occur. It sounds like he's handling the seller end well with escrow, and there's only so much you can do with paypal (I've dealt with them extensively in the past.) But of course let's not offer any suggestions just non constructive criticisms.

As a leader you're supposed to set the example for other members. For you to complain and then ask other members not to complain is not the Mush I know. So I'm hoping it was just a temporary flare up, because personally I like the regular Mushy pirate.png

Honestly it doesn't sound like Mush is trying to complain over the situation. He sounds worried from a legal standpoint as to the possible repercussions that could occur due to the mishandling of this group buy. I've stepped in this thread before and defended Logan, he's a good guy no doubt, but at the same time this is getting bigger then just him and the people who purchased these hookahs. A resolution needs to be met in a timely fashion to ensure that no one gets worked up and pulls the trigger on something that could cause these forums to face legal issues. I mean the forums would more then likely be just as liable as Logan(or at least liable in some capacity)because they(the admins and mods) allowed this group buy to take place.

QUOTE (Victim026 @ Apr 19 2009, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Honestly it doesn't sound like Mush is trying to complain over the situation. He sounds worried from a legal standpoint as to the possible repercussions that could occur due to the mishandling of this group buy. I've stepped in this thread before and defended Logan, he's a good guy no doubt, but at the same time this is getting bigger then just him and the people who purchased these hookahs. A resolution needs to be met in a timely fashion to ensure that no one gets worked up and pulls the trigger on something that could cause these forums to face legal issues. I mean the forums would more then likely be just as liable as Logan(or at least liable in some capacity)because they(the admins and mods) allowed this group buy to take place.

Well I did see a part of that, and while I can at least understand the standpoint a little, I was never concerned about the forum being legally liable. Mainly because it wouldn't happen. If anything Six Pack would be legally liable and anyone as a direct party involved in the buy (not people who sent money) but more direct Buyer/Seller of the actual product, not the investors in said venture. And then after a full analysis of the situation the worst that would come of it from legal reasoning is that Six Pack would be required to return money to everyone in a timely fashion as expected by a prudent and reasonable person's point of view.

(I like law wink.gif )

But thanks for the clarification victim, it just seemed to me not to be the well formed and objective statements I've come to know from Mush.

QUOTE (liquidglass @ Apr 19 2009, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Victim026 @ Apr 19 2009, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I did see a part of that, and while I can at least understand the standpoint a little, I was never concerned about the forum being legally liable. Mainly because it wouldn't happen. If anything Six Pack would be legally liable and anyone as a direct party involved in the buy (not people who sent money) but more direct Buyer/Seller of the actual product, not the investors in said venture. And then after a full analysis of the situation the worst that would come of it from legal reasoning is that Six Pack would be required to return money to everyone in a timely fashion as expected by a prudent and reasonable person's point of view.

(I like law wink.gif )

But thanks for the clarification victim, it just seemed to me not to be the well formed and objective statements I've come to know from Mush.

As levelheaded as Mush is I doubt he likes being called out like Logan did to him, can't blame him for responding...

QUOTE (Victim026 @ Apr 19 2009, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As levelheaded as Mush is I doubt he likes being called out like Logan did to him, can't blame him for responding...

as opposed to Logan being called out, rather rudely, for something that is not his fault in the first place right? he has every right to defend himself and I think has handled it more maturely than I would in the face of passive aggressive comments.

Rule #1 applies to everyone.

The only "escalation" in the situation since we found out about the freeze has been time passing, which was known as part of the problem to begin with.

What is SPS supposed to do? Muscle Paypal into faster service? Find some miracle bag with 2 grand to repay everyone by tomorrow morning? Please give some constructive ideas instead of unneccesarily and dramatically exacerbating panic that is already there.

People are free to feel what they will but let's not turn this into a shitty battle.

sigh.

from this point on, the only posts i expect to see in here are from logan giving updates VERY OFTEN on what is happening. anyone else posting anything else will get smacked with a ban.

and for future reference, i dont care how slick you think you are, any plan that involves circumventing the standard practices of paypal will most likely end up as a giant mess.

i feel for you guys with money out there in limbo, but at the same time you did send money to a random internet person and all you could do is hope for the best.

and while the forum is not likely to be held accountable to any legal action since we DID NOT PROMOTE this group buy, i dont think the owners of this site are really looking for that kind of attention.

at this point everyone should just sit back and wait for Logan to sort this all out, which i am sure he will do.

again, to anybody sticking up for me thanks a ton.

to camel, thank you for your last post and support.

shimoon, i'm not going to respond to several of your posts but I will say a few things...

my last post in here was at at 5pm today, sorry I have sunday evening commitments and couldnt get back until now.

I have a couple of bills i HAVE to pay this week, after that whatevers left will start going towards paying people back in the meantime. If I can get the money back and pull off the groupbuy then after I have the hookahs here in my possession then we can work something out if you still want them.

except to hear back from me no later than wednesday assuming nothing happens before then.

also, i'm not discouraging people from doing money refund reqeuests because I dont want to request it, but because once pp locks your account they also dont REFUND your money. Honestly at this point beyond hoping to get the money back in general, i'm hoping nobody else gets a locked account over it.

This thread is LOCKED until further notice.

I will post updates as they become available. We are attempting to deal with this situation in a less public manner. WHn I know something for sure I will be sure to post it here. Sorry folks.

• 3 weeks later...
Update:

Pay pal has confiscated some or all of the money. Six Pack Sunday says he will start contacting people via PM to arrange repayment. If it's not too late I suggest people contact their CC companies and their banks to see if anything can be done from that end to shake the money loose from Pay-pal.

There will NEVER be another group buy through the forum.

Hey guys,

I contacted PayPal a bit back about this situation. I told them what SPS was doing, and although they couldn't tell me the status of his account, they let me open a claim against him anyways. I had 2 separate payments to him, but I could only claim the second, because the first was outside the 45 day period. (as you can see in screenshot #1)

After opening the claim, SPS had like 7-10 days to respond. He didnt, so PayPal refunded my money. I tried telling SPS a few times over email that he should tell people that they can get a PP refund, but they gotta be quick because they are SOL after 45 days.

Here's the screenshots of my PP to show you there's no BS:

Edited by Canon
leaving the useful information here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
OK, I have an update for everyone wondering what happened to Logan

I talked to him on the phone today, and he said he no longer has internet at his house and is working to get everyone's money back. And by working, I don't mean with PP, he is working at his job to get peoples money back. He told me approximately 2 weeks before he can start sending it back. If anyone has specific questions, you can PM, and I will try to talk to him on the phone and answer them the best I can.

LOL, understandable coming from the first person to order these things tongue.gif
But let's not turn this thread into a discussion about who gets paid when, I'm just glad we finally got an update and some specifics..
Thanks a lot Ryno, I started to fear I'd never see any of that money again

Just one question though: If he isn't able to go online, how can he know who to pay back which amount? And since his paypal has been blocked, how will he pay us back? Just wondering..

QUOTE (Pilgrim @ Jun 11 2009, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just one question though: If he isn't able to go online, how can he know who to pay back which amount? And since his paypal has been blocked, how will he pay us back? Just wondering..

I'm not sure on that I'll have to talk to him about it.

• 1 month later...