Dude, I Bought A House.

ghostofdavid

So, I haven't been on the forums as much as I anticipated I would be, because life has been crazier and it has just gotten a little crazier!

We moved from Ohio back to Indiana and just bought a house. It's a pretty modest little bungalow and has a basement that will be my sanctuary of manstuff.

To celebrate, I packed the largest bowl of Fumari Peach and smoked away with a few friends. My only regret: No pictures! I have yet to smoke in our new house, but I am excited to get enough things in the house finished to where we can move in. I think the first night I stay there, I will smoke some more victory-shisha.

We're thinking of making the basement a bit of an all purpose room which, of course, includes a maximum chill room for hookah and discussions around said hookah. It is hard picking out colors for the walls that make a basement chill but not an abyss of dark colors. Any suggestions?

The wife was thinking jewel tones. I don't know what that means but she's going to start sewing some pillows and I give two thumbs up to that.

What a surreal few weeks.. I can't believe we bought a house. If you guys have any chill room suggestions, let a brother know.

well my uncle pimped out his man cave, and it looked really tight.

he used a darker brown/grey color for all the walls except for the largest one which he painted a candy apple red color.

looked really badass after he finished everything and matched it all in the basment.

Grey and red? I may have to go with something along those lines... I love the way the two look together. We're going to go with some sort of dark grey tiling in the basement, I think. The only problem is to make it brighten up a bit with as little light as possible... its really dark since it is the basement. We don't want to go with white (boring!) but I think we might be able to find a great red.

Lighting can solve the brightness issue, but I would suggest not going too dark since it is a basement and even in the daytime you'll be relying on artificial lights. Our living room is split between a medium shade of like a cobalt or lilac blue (somewhere between those) and a peach to liven it up on the accent walls and it has worked super well so far. Not too dark but still deep in color and remember blues and greens are soothing, calming colors perfect for a chill space. I saw a room done in monochrome blues with grey and silver accents on trading spaces and it looked phenomenal, very chill.

Congrats on the new place!

I had an accepted offer on a house that I want to buy on this past Friday. Now I need to get the Building Inspector in there and hopefully there is nothing wrong with the home, and I too will be a home owner again! Studio in the Basement, and it has a perfect Hookah room. I am stoked, a place where our Band can practice and my privacy! Hookah.gif

Congrats on your new home ghost!!! Are you having a house warming party with Hookahs and Belly Dancers??

GOD!!!! How to start, how to start unsure.gif . Congrats on the new home. I say orange and blue, that would be sweet imo. That or some pirate colors, either one. I had a lot more to say but lost my thoughts lol, I'll add more if and when it comes back to me. Good to be back in contact with ya.

Na we worked together tho. Awesome guy, haven't talked to him since he moved back to texas tho. He always mentrioned u as a mod, but by the time I knew u were never on here! lol good to see you back on here.

QUOTE (ghostofdavid @ Sep 7 2008, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (boulderkid303 @ Sep 6 2008, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey this is off topic, but your friends with jared arent you?

Yes! I miss him greatly. I haven't seen the kid in a while. Did you guys go to school together in Colorado?