Hookahcompany.com Reviews

mushrat

This is for posting your PERSONAL experiences with www.hookahcompany.com. Please restrict your comments to what you ordered, customer service, delivery, and over all satisfaction.

If you had a problem, was it resolved in a satisfactory way?

Please post here only AFTER your transaction is complete.
Comments and questions by others will be restricted to the regular discussion forum and deleted from this topic if posted here.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered 8 types of tobacco in 50g quantaties. The arrival was fast (3 days from order to arrival) because I live in Northern California and they are based out of Southern California. A good realtor for people in California who need something fast and cheap, my shipping was under 7 dollars. I didn't recieve a confirmation email, so I called. They were helpful and re-sent the email immeaditly. Shipped in one day with a Fed-Ex tracking number. When I got my package, one of the tobacco packages was partially opened, I called them and they offered to replace it, but since it was still moist and fresh I decided that was un-nessesary. Hookahcompany even offered that if I smoked it and it was subpar since it was partially open I could return it for exchange. After smoking it, it was indeed un-nessasary to replace it.

Very Happy with HookahCompany, and would happily order from them again.

Date Ordered :- 31st October 2006
Date Shipped :- 8/9th November 2006
Date Delivered :- 17th November 2006

Goods Ordered :-
250g Layaline Raspberry
250g StarBuzz Strawberry & Kiwi
250g Al Fakher Cherry
50g Al Amir (Freebie)
Box of Japanese Silver light Coals.
Funnel Bowl and MYA bowl.

Order Total :
$109.58 (£58 (Exchange Rate Dependant))

Packaging :-
Excellent packaging. Very accurate and excellent choice of wording on the customs & excise documentation.

Overall & Comments :-
Excellent shipping & packaging. Very happy with this. Price was good. Delivery time was not too bad either. A Little over 2 weeks.

Only downside is the time it took to ship out. Hookahcompany only send International 1 time a week. However this is offset (I feel) by the good packaging and well worded customs forms.

I will order again from Hookahcompany.com

JD

I've ordered from them on many, many occasions, never with any problems, they contacted me via phone when one of my items was out of stock and quickly changed my order to suit. Very friendly sales people that are happy to help. At the top of my list in terms of online sellers.

• 3 weeks later...
This will be three reviews in one.

A while back I put in an order for a mya case for one of our members overseas. The transaction was a bit complex with the person paying and having it shipped to me..that was a disaster with poor communication among the problems.

a month or three ago i put in a shisha order. That wasn't great either with an unknown delay in getting the order processed, a delay in telling me my Af esk apple was backordered, etc, but it finally got to me.

I just put in another order last week. This one was flawless. A bunch of shisha again...
The order was processed and shipped the same day and actually got to me a day earlier than Fed-ex shipping said it would be. Everything was as it was supposed to be.

My best advice to people ordering from these folks is that if you don't get confirmation and pre-shipping notice within a day of putting in the order, give them a quick call just to make sure everything is cool. Be polite about it, you'll get much better results. I'll continue getting supplies from them, no question about it.

Ordered on the 14th, arrived on the 19th.

Bought
-250g of After Nine
-72" Mya Hose
-Three Kings

The company even called me the same day to say they were out of the dark green colored hose I wanted, picked out the burgendy one instead.

Everything looks great, and was packed well. Will definitely order from them again!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm fortunate enough to have my parents living near by HookahCompany's warehouse so I stop by whenever I visit San Diego. Aside from that, when I'm home in San Fran I've ordered everything (with the exception of my first Hookah) from them and always been happy. Good and wide selection and they always try to stay ahead of the game in which I believe they do with great success. The only reason I would go with anyone else is if they just don't happen to carry the particular brand of whatever I want.

• 2 weeks later...
ive had many dealings with hookahcompany (at least 5 or 6) and everyone has been handled personaly and very quikly. they always notify you if a product is out of stock. on my most recent order they sent me lemon instead of lemon mint and i contacted them and they offered to send out a shisha of my choice the same day to rectify the mistake. very very very satisfied.

they have one of the biggest stocks of tobacco anywhere. i give them a 10/10

After reading the good reviews here about hookahcompany, I placed an international order to Singapore on the 26th dec 06 for a bohemian hookah, a pack of melon blend tangiers and an AF esk apple. Till now, there's no news of my shipment, it's been 23 days and counting. I sent 2 e-mails to them asking about delivery time and they told me it takes abt 7-10 working days to reach. Abt 3 days ago, i e-mailed them again asking abt the status of my delivery but till now, no reply. They did not notify me abt any tracking number or how i can go about tracking it. I must say, i'm really disappointed. Cuz i've recently purchased a junior hookah on another hookah website and their customer service and delivery is excellent! So i was expecting the same speedy delivery with hookahcompany, but to my dismay, i was wrong.

Still waiting for their response and it's getting frustrating & disappointing... sad.gif

I placed an international order to Germany on the 18th Nov.. My order is at "approved" since 19th Nov. and they received the money at 20th Nov..
Untill today I am waiting to get a trackingnumber. They told me about three times that they will ship out international package in "the next week" which would actually have been this week, the week before and the week before....

I orderd 3 times before at hc.com and they have been always very quick (about 2 weeks from placing the order to smoking wink.gif )

• 2 weeks later...
I have been doing Bussiness with the Hookah Company for three years going on four. They are great company I enjoy everyone that works there. George and his family have adotped Sarah and I my wife. He too is now a Smiley. I will always do bussiness with this company.I give them 9/10 LOL Go Hookah Company
Smiley laugh.gif

I read the reveiw on them and ordered

AF Gold Black Grape
AF Rose
Fusion Wildberry Mint

its been about 2 weeks now. My order was said that they delivered it but I never got it. I called them yesterday and they said they would call back the next day. Never got a call...although they said they emailed me. I called back today and they gave me some excuse and said they would check up on it now and call me back in a few minutes. So i wont be finding out whats going on with my shipment till next week. Very disappointed. I dont think I will be dealing with them again if I find the product elsewhere for the same price. Edited by LIQUIDGSR

• 3 weeks later...
This was my second order with hookahcompany i just purchased:

fusion strawberry
fusion mango
fusion cotton candy
fusion cactus pear

i got my package next day!!! well i only live like 2 hours away from them -= ) i wish i could just go pick it up next time haha. anyways everything was accounted for and in perfect shape. this company actualy gives a full 15% discount for hookahforum members. Will be doing business with them again very soon -= )

O BTW FEDEX>UPS another big up for hookah company Edited by MrBubbler

• 3 weeks later...
I used to order all my shisha from hookahcompany, until I discovered hoookahhookah tobacco, but I still order the Nour coals from them. Their service was always late until the last 2 orders...they were both late to ship out and late to be delivered...i think you guys understand how bad it is to run out of coals. i will not use hookahcompany again unless they get better cutomer service or ship via UPS

Well its been like 2 months now. NO SHISHA. I orderd shisha..they said it was sent to my house. Fedex filed a claim. 2 months later today they are like ok we sending it out again...after 1 week from when they told me they would. I got nothing out of it. NO discount...nothing. Seriously i want to tell them to take the shisha and shove it. They are horrible with customer service. I waited patiently for 2 months and i get treated like this. I could have ordered from someone local and got my shisha right away. I ordered from Redistributors locally and got 3 starbuzz tins for 50 not to mention 3 rolls of 3 kings for free. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN. Even one of the owners chimed in, but ended up doing nothing.

I was very impressed by HC. I ordered on wednesday and it came today on Friday, evrything was just what i ordered and was packaged very neatly (i kinda got frustrated taking my things out from all the bubble wrap, better safe than sorry smile.gif)

here what i got:

- 2 74' Cobra Hoses
- 1 Small Phunnel Bowl
- 1 Smiley's Clear Bowl w/ glass screen free
- 1 25' Stem Brush
- 1 Free 50g shisha pack from Al Amir (I chose Banana Split)

So i would definately purchase from them again, they were awesome

FINAL GRADE: A + repeating

Here the pics, click on them to make larger

Awesome place. I have ordered twice with these guys so far. First, I got some F-Line Kashmir, Orange Cream, Mint, Afternine, and a small phunnel. Their shipping system went down the day after I placed my order, and they hooked me up with some extra stuff for FREE! Tottally awesome. I had to call once to make sure my order was being sent out, but after that it was alllllll cool. Second time I ordered a box of 40mm 3k and Kashmir peach/apple. Their shipping system hadn't gotten been caught up just yet, so I called 2 days later to make sure every was ok. It was, and got my items in a timely manner.

Overall, I will totally do business with them again. These guys rock! Their shipping is also inexpensive in comparision to other companies aswell!

9/10 Edited by Zerodynamic

I recently put in a pretty big shisha order, and couldn't be happier. Everything looks and smells very fresh, got here quick, and was packaged very well. I just ordered a brush and grommet set, and hope to see it friday. I wish shipping was quicker, but they are in Cali, and I am in Ohio. I will take what I get. I have had no problem with them, plus got three free samples. I give em a solid 9.5/10.

I am not gonna list everything I bought, basically I bought an Amer Khalil Mamoon Hookah, a Saudia Arabia Bowl, and a Bunch of Sample Shisha!!!

OK, the Bad: They didn't have the right hose in stock, but they sent me another one to try that was somewhat comparable (not really though, I'm not diggin' the replacement hose)

The Good!
Christina and Josh were REALLY Helpful! They got my order shipped out to me that day...and called me that night to let me know about the hose. GREAT customer service!!! I am VERY happy with them and will definitely order from them again!

Cheers! and Thanks...Christina and Josh!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I placed a HUGE order with these guys George Jonson was absolutely great. over 40 hookahs ordered.
two vases came broken, he replaced them for no cost and even threw in a few sample jars of fusion shisha for me. Can't wait to try the Miami beach.

People looking for wholesalers...stick with hookahcompany
people looking for great customer service...stick with hookahcompany
people looking for quality hookahs and shisha ...u know what i'll say

Overall I was very pleased with my order. Everything came intact, and nothing was missing. Their customer service though, as far as replying to e-mails, is poor. I sent them (via their online form) a message after my order was placed, because I got a strange e-mail that was supposedly from them but was sent from hookahtobacco.net (?). Anyway, I just wanted to find out what it was, and no reply. Once I received my order, I had a couple of concerns regarding the stem (seem my review in the Khalil Mamoun hookah pipes section of the forum), and again I contacted them via their online form. No reply.

Even though I got everything I ordered in a timely manner, I don't think I will be ordering from HC again. Aside from the KM hookahs, there is nothing at HC that can't be purchased elsewhere. If they could have just spent that little bit of extra time to answer my e-mails, I would have been a repeat customer. Like all of you, I'm sure, I don't really like being ignored after I have spent my hard earned cash with a vendor.

EDIT: Just wanted to let you all know that HC saw this post, and has contacted me via PM to resolve the issue. They never received either of my e-mails for whatever reason, and that's why they never replied. They were very polite and apologetic. I just happened to fall through the cracks on this one, but they have made things right. Because of this, I can see myself ordering from them again. Thanks HC!

• 1 month later...
Placed an order on May 10th for (2) 250g Al Waha tubs and a 1.5lb pack of Smiley Coals. Less than $30 w/ discount - not bad. Received email with tracking info smile.gif (REAL BIG peeve on my end - UPS/FedEx orders must have tracking - some of us work!)

Received order on May 16th. Everything well packed and intact. Very happy with the transaction, most definatly will return in the future for more items.

Only wished they would carry more shisha brands I like... I'm a stickler for "One Shop Shopping", but it's not that much of a put-off. Great Vendor!