So I Got A Paper Towel Stuck In My Stem ....

Ok, so this happened to me today. So in a desperate feat I rushed to the Internet or aid. And thanks god I found this forum. So I went and grabbed a wire hanger and attempted to pull I through. But it was too blocked. After hours of thought and desperation I found a solution. I made a tiny hook at on end of the wire hanger. Took a lighter, and heated it up until the tip was red. The hook burned through the paper, then cooled down. After I waited a bit I was able to snag that piece of paper right out.

Hope this helps

Lol we all have to be noobs at some point I suppose. No idea why I was trying to dry the stem with paper towels, I think I was so anal back then about rust. Now I just use hot water to clean the stem then blow through it a few times and it is dry.

I've done this soooo many times with the old tobacco pipe. Briar you can abuse a little, but you get a piece of paper towel stuck in a good meershaum, you're gonna press through that before the towel. Soaking usually works well, or putting a little alcohol in there and burning the inside of the bowl.... but then you really have to clean it out again, and the cycle repeats.