MNH Jet Glass Bowl Review

Snoopy1966

Here is a link to the General Discussion MNH Jet Glass Funnel thread I started. It has pictures of it empty, loaded, foiled, and an all done pic, there is some discussion about it there also that I thought I would make all aware of some things I may not cover here.

Appearance: Gotta give it a 10/10 even though is not perfectly round. It is a hand blown piece of art so it is to be expected. Very nice craftsmanship on the bowl and Mod. Looks great on my MYA Blue Frost.

Usage/Smoking: 9/10 So far I have used it 5 times. 4 times Tangiers and one time Fantasia Pink Lemonade. You get a very pure taste of the tobacco because it is glass. By far the best taste I have had even out of any brand new bowl. A plus here because it will always stay that way. The bowl is designed to use the mod so that is how I have used it even with Tangiers. The middle hole is to shallow and shisha could fall on top of the hole and block it off without it. The bowl is nice and deep and I can get about 20 to 25 grams in. Really hard to foil, probably because I have not found the trick yet. I did try a pre-cut round foil and that worked very excellent. I have found I can use less coals with this bowl also. I have got some really long sessions off of only 2 sets of coconaras. The only thing I would like to see is the middle hole bigger, it does restrict the airflow a little being a smaller hole. I do not mind to use the mod, that is how it is designed.

Cleaning. 8/10 Bowl very easy to clean. Mod can be a pain, but if you take care of it you can get it clean. It was really caked after this mornings session. Tarik told me in chat some people use a little olive oil on the inside so it wipes out easier. I am going to try that and see. Now it has been fine to soak it in lemon juice and baking soda and use a beat up scotch brite pad.

Overall I would give it a 9/10 only because of cleaning the mod, but that is to be expected for a tiny piece of glass in that shape to keep clean. Worth the $50, imo....yes. Better flavor, better smoke and less coals.

• 2 weeks later...
I posted the pics of mine in the same thread as Snoopy up there on page 3. So far im mid way on my second session and im loving it biggrin.gif

Appearance: 10/10 Its small and pretty damn round. I can't wait to see what this looks like on my small Bambino!

Usage/Smoking: 9/10 Pretty easy actually. The part in the middle is pretty low and the mod fits perfect! It only sticks above the rim a little bit so foiling is pretty easy. So far i'v found 2 1/4's of an exotica to be a pretty good amount of coal.

Cleaning. 9/10 After the first session i let the bowl cool down for like 20 minutes then since the bowl was still juicy (sb peach/tangiers kpeach) all I had to do was wipe it with a paper towel. Not sure how it will stand up against a couple hours of tangiers but im sure it wotn be that bad.

Overall I would give it a 10/10 As Snoopy said, better flavor, better smoke, less coal. Glad I purchased this smile.gif

• 3 months later...
appearance: 10/10 great hand blown look and awesome color selection

functionality: 10.5/10 (an extra .5 for the included mod)

cleaning: 8.5/10 you have to use a sponge with the scrubber on the back for the mod even with the olive oil trick

ease of pull: 8/10 slightly harder than my mini phunnel but the mini phunnel has a bigger hole

ease of packing: 9/10 it is a phunnel type bowl after all

• 1 month later...
Alright I got mine unfortunately I don't own a camera so no pictures it looks sexy if that helps

Took a few tries to get the packing down but now it smokes quite well.

Bit of a pain in the ass to clean but I like keeping it looking sexy

I recommend this bowl the glass doesn't impart any flavors on the tobacco and it gives it a more pure taste so to speak.

The price is a little hefty but when you get yours you feel it is worth it

Today I got my MNH Jet Phunnel Today and glass screen.

Loaded Lucid Kashmir Cherry and smoked for 4 hours and it was absolutely amazing. Smokes amazingly like any other phunnel. The heat is even and with the screen...it's totally sweet!!!

This is my new go to bowl and setup!

10/10 This bowl is worth every penny!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Appearance: 10/10 Awesome piece of work. Deff one of a kind. Great blue bowl on a black stem.

Functionality: 10/10 Comes with a matching mod. The mod has metal flake in it.

Cleaning: 9/10 I use a Mr. Clean pad so it cleans up great, and the mod cleans easy, just not the glass screen.

Ease of pull: 9/10 Slightly harder than a phunnel but the phunnel has a bigger hole

Ease of packing: 12/10 It is a phunnel type bowl

Price: 6/10 I know blown glass is expensive, but $50 is a bit steep. If the bowl, mod, and screen came in a package that might be worth it.

Overall: I love this thing 9.999/10