Exoticas Strike Again

QUOTE (timmediahOU @ Feb 19 2008, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I get horrible headaches whenever I smoke Exoticas, i treid to tell people i thought it was CO poisoning but everyone said "law, you n00b, breathe more between puffs"

Nah man, i did too. You can tell when they are shitty though. When the surface of the coal looks fuzzy and dark (instead of red/orange or ashy) then don't smoke it at all. That means it's a abd batch and is gonna give you a headache the next day that will titty fuck you into next week. Be careful. If there is a coal taste AT ALL during your session, pitch those bitches.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll reserve a bit of judgment until I try these new and improved ones. We'll see if they are better. I've used it twice before and I was rather underwhelmed. They had funky colored ash (when dark ash indicates less sulfur, therefore, probably, better coal) and didn't last for a very long time. I can't speak for the "bad" batches. Let's hope Exotica can restore some faith in its products. Until then. Edited by MechAnt

QUOTE (ExoticImports @ Feb 18 2008, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Question:
How can a container that has 1060 cases and only 60 distributed and 1000 in storage being held back until insurance company can come and pick up have more coals on the market. I dont get it. 1060 ases - 60 cases = 1000 cases. Just the exact amount of coals we have stored and claimed with the shipping company. We have 3 warehouses. 1 of which only has the exotica bads and the others are fully operating. So when people are stating bad, it is not bad, it is just something they think it is bad, like white spots, or it breaks. That is why we have redesigned the boxes starting next month to show people what is up. The new boxes will have small hanges to the outside of the boxes which will be released to you guys later.

I am not here to screw people about a case of bad coals and exetra. Remember, I was the one who publicly announced the bad coals and posted pics at a few places of what I mean is bad. Since that bad incident, we have had 3 containers and all sold with no problems and the next one coming is different and we also have made the coals stronger and will not crack.. Hope this answers everything...

We do what is right. We take care of our customers. We post updates and let you know if there is something wrong but now we are blocked and can not post public messages as I guess we were too honest. We will also update you on new products coming soon and give out samples but we can not have people telling us old news from 3 months ago and expect us to be like ok...... It is impossible to have bad stuff on the market, especially with all the quality control we have set up now. Thank you

Gabriel

oh? So my 3 cases are coming after all? Remember I reported the problem before they became widely even known. When there WERE bad ones out there.

And if these people are having problems and even have pictures to prove it, hard to take your claim seriously. If it's not shipping, then its a problem in the manufacturing.

Well I tried to buy Coc nara but he has signed a exclusive with another major vendor wouldn't tell me who to sell online. so that means that cocnara will stay expensive. plus since I have never had a problem with Exoticas I will stay with exotica sinice my clients love them and swear by them only.

I must say I am so looking forward to the new improved exoticas I hope they are as good as the original exoticas.

Thanks
Bubba

Just got a box from Devil's Payground. They look fine, lets try them out. This is my first try with Exoticas.

Update: These from the Devil's Playground are perfect. No problems at all and I have a new favorite coal! Edited by gr!m

QUOTE (aronparsons @ Feb 17 2008, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just got a new box from Hookah Company and they are perfect, just as my last box from them was. I'd try a different retailer if they're sending visibly damaged products. ;-)

Eh, the box I got from HC a while back when I was trying my first box was gross with a bad smell and bad taste. Worldhookah (The Devil's Playground) sent me some samples of good Exoticas w/ very little smell upon lighting and no taste, so I ordered a box from them. Hopefully I'm not disappointed this time around. Either way it's only $8. Edited by Ralleac

QUOTE (Ralleac @ Feb 23 2008, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (aronparsons @ Feb 17 2008, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just got a new box from Hookah Company and they are perfect, just as my last box from them was. I'd try a different retailer if they're sending visibly damaged products. ;-)

Eh, the box I got from HC a while back when I was trying my first box was gross with a bad smell and bad taste. Worldhookah (The Devil's Playground) sent me some samples of good Exoticas w/ very little smell upon lighting and no taste, so I ordered a box from them. Hopefully I'm not disappointed this time around. Either way it's only $8.

neals coals are fine, he sent me 4 boxes and they all smoke fine

QUOTE (shoulinmonk @ Feb 18 2008, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
from review section
CO poisoning is pretty serious and since i usually smoke inside i'd like to know if i should be worried.
has anyone done any further testing on this?

I've had my CO alarm go off with every single quick light, finger, and bulk natural coal that I've ever used when lighting inside w/ my windows closed. They produce a greater amount of CO when you're first lighting them, which is why it is a good idea to do so outside or in a well ventilated room with fans and an open window or two.

QUOTE (Canon @ Feb 23 2008, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
neals coals are fine, he sent me 4 boxes and they all smoke fine

Yeah, my first batch was just a crappy box of coals. It wasn't waterdamaged, but I wound up tossing them out along w/ some Rollands I had bought because they weren't what I'd consider smokable. I can buy kilos of bulk coal here that never taste or smell bad for $5.00, but fingers are a bit more convenient.

The funny thing, is the exoticas are made by the same plant in china the Jap Easy lites are made, after testing I have come ot this conclusion, the smell the same just one is a flat square and the other a long square stick. Both made by the rolland company. Also if Gabe reads this, what exactly is patented on your product, if it is the recipe to make them, then tell us it, because a patented product has to be registered so the recipe can be found at the US patent office. Thast why places like coke and pepsi are not a patent recipe, they are a secret recipe, this way they do not have to tell anyone.

/Offtopic - Does that mean if someone stumbled on the 'secret receipt' they could in fact make another coke with the exact same flavour ect? /Topic

Interesting conclusion on where they are made Oggie! - Is it just based on smell or have you been doing some digging? wink.gif

JD

I called gabe for a comment. Its 2:28am so I would not expect him to answer but you never know, since his new baby he is up late.

But on to the subject at hand. I am pretty sure the Patent is on the shape of the coal not on the formula.

It very well could be the same coal just spaed differntly Who knows except Gabe. I will keep everyone informed on this one. It will be interesting to see the out come on this matter.