Hezbollah Declares War On Israel...

gaia.plateau

QUOTE (TheScotsman @ Mar 19 2008, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You quote sura 2:256 as tolerance to other religions, but you do forget to quote 2:193, which is so often cited by the Islamofacists as their reasoning behind elimination of other religions. While innocent enough on the surface, the fundamentalists take it to mean only Islam. How can one believe the book, but not question two completely opposite verses within the same Sura?

"And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression and there prevail justice and faith in Allah; but if they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practise oppression. -Sura 2:193"

A call to fight for equality and justice against tyrants and warlords... even some of the most passifistic and peaceful humans in history, Buddhists like Ghandi and Nhat Hanh, have admitted that violence of liberation is sometimes necessary to end violence of institution.

Yes, the west does view Islam as a hostile religion that must be fought, but for more than ample reasons. When someone says terrorist I would dare guess the vast majority of the west (excluding some isolated areas, Ok city, Ireland, and the such) will envision a middle easterner.

Any Canadians, Australians, or Europeans want to weigh in on this?

I think your characterization might be applicable to certain US states that can be accurately described as "redneck". The "vast majority"? Certainly not. The majority? Perhaps, but only because mass-media in the West depicts them as such and because of recent events. "Terrorist" isn't even an accurate word, by their own definition the US and Israeli governments, for example, are terrorist organizations. The word terrorist was invented to cause fear and hate, and as you demonstrate it is apparently working.

It only seems like you guys are vast, because you're louder and more venomous in your hate-spreading and fear-mongering.

Lets look at 9:5
"Then when the Sacred Months (the 1st, 7th, 11th, and 12th months of the Islamic calendar) have passed, then kill the Mushrikun wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and prepare for them each and every ambush. But if they repent and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and give Zakat {alms}, then leave their way free. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

Mushrikun means violent Pagan raiders, like the Huns, literally "mischief makers".

Maybe we westerners worry about tings like 8:39.

" And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allah) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allah Alone [in the whole of the world]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allah), then certainly, Allah is All-Seer of what they do. "

Or 9:29
"Fight against those who believe not in Allah, nor in the Last Day, nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islam) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

I assume that by "we Westerners", you mean "we ignorant fundamentalist Christians that believe everything Bill O'Reilly tells us".

Allah is the Arabic word for "god", and it refers to the same god that is worshiped by Jews and Christians. I think I've already mentioned that Muslims do in fact believe Jesus, Moses and others to be prophets of God, just not as significant as Muhammad. They believe the Torah and Bible to be valid books of scripture and guidance, just not the word of God.

I might be moved to bring up passages in the Torah and the Bible that call on Jews and Christians to take and abuse slaves, stone women, promote adultery, war, oppression, kin-slaying, and other various atrocities which are not acceptable in Christian and Jewish culture.

I might be moved, but I'm not, because you've already proven and admitted that you are an internet troll, only posting to agitate and antagonize in the first place.

QUOTE (TheScotsman @ Mar 19 2008, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just throwing bombs at gaia to get him fired up, I need reading material!

Was not intended as anything more than a fire under Gaia's chair!

troll
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

I wish I did not see it as a threat, but I fail to understand just how I could take it as anything but.

If you truly wish that, turn off Fox News and accept reality.

Edited: misread the bit about Western perceptions of terrorists... I thought it said that "the vast majority of Westerners imagine a terrorist when they think of a Muslim".
Edited by gaia.plateau

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Mar 19 2008, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Scoop @ Mar 19 2008, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
- Jews, specifically radical fundamentalist Zionists are righteous upholders of justice, persecuted and marginalized by the malnourished Arabs they torture and murder.

lol...can this statement be more bias in anyway shape or form?

It was a characterization of everything Scotsman said so far. And you're the one criticizing about dishonest representation wink.gif

As the paper says, "fundamentalist" is a frequently misused word, and I was intentionally using it incorrectly in order to use it more usefully.

QUOTE (Scoop @ Mar 19 2008, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The funny part is...by your logic, America, Canada and Mexico should be given back to Native Indians that inhabited the land.

Why is that funny? Those lands should be given back. We can go and live on their reserves without access to water, healthcare and education, and see how we like being oppressed in a "free democracy".

its funny because it will never happen...by that logic every single war ever fought was wrong and all the land should be given back...

this politcal correctness is so dumb. you enter a war for some sort of goal. The arab goal was to exterminate the jews, they failed...

had this happened before the united nations (and modern PC bullshit) no one would even think twice.

QUOTE (Scoop @ Mar 19 2008, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its funny because it will never happen...

Yeah, we'll see.

The only certain path to destruction is certainty.

QUOTE (Scoop @ Mar 19 2008, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The arab goal was to exterminate the jews, they failed...

Where do you get your material? It's great! biggrin.gif

Edited by gaia.plateau

Gaia by fate or design i'm afraid that a lot of the uk is activily scared of a lot of Muslim's.

Areas of Bradford are ring-fenced into areas of British and Muslim with very little interaction between the two. Panorama did an interesting programme featuring a Muslim and British taxi driver. They barely crossed into each other's areas.

It's not acceptable and it's not something i like or agree with, but the reality is that when the extremists act within europe you do not see the moderate Muslim's up in arms [Or at least i've never seen it] condemning said acts.

We don't have our own version of fred welps or the wesbro baptist church so that is not so much of an issue in the uk/europe.

So this is party where the fear has been breed.

QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Mar 19 2008, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Mar 19 2008, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From the Arabic root meaning "to strive", the idea of Jihad in Islam has a wide range of meanings, including an inward spiritual struggle for purity, the attainment of perfect faith, and the outward material struggle for justice and equality against oppression.

Didn't I do that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jihad

OK I stand corrected. But Jihad means to struggle or strive as you have stated but the Wki just does not get the gist of it. It is a Jihad to be a Muslim in the US and wear Muslim clothes. It is not easy, believe me. It is a way you can either show the world you are a good Muslim or a bad Muslim on the way you conduct yourself. To be a good person to your family friends your own desires. There are so many ways to describe it.

Also it should be noted that the verses from the Qu'an are meant only for the Prophet when the Jews broke their treaty with the Muslims. That is where the problem comes from. Yes you can fight someone who oppresses you, any religion is that way.

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Mar 19 2008, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gaia by fate or design i'm afraid that a lot of the uk is activily scared of a lot of Muslim's.

Areas of Bradford are ring-fenced into areas of British and Muslim with very little interaction between the two. Panorama did an interesting programme featuring a Muslim and British taxi driver. They barely crossed into each other's areas.

It's not acceptable and it's not something i like or agree with, but the reality is that when the extremists act within europe you do not see the moderate Muslim's up in arms [Or at least i've never seen it] condemning said acts.

We don't have our own version of fred welps or the wesbro baptist church so that is not so much of an issue in the uk/europe.

So this is party where the fear has been breed.

Yeah, I was specifically meaning the UK and parts of France when I was talking about European states with high densities of Muslims being exceptional. I know there have been a lot of incidents of small-scale radical Islamist violence in the UK, like subway bombings and the like, but don't you think that a large part of the predjudice (not saying for you, but for some Brits) comes from the feeling that the increasing Muslim population in the UK "dilutes" the national purity of the country? I've read more than a bit about this, and it's certainly the feeling toward Africans in Mexico and the US, and ironically the feeling toward aboriginals in Canada. I'm not saying this illegitimatizes the British sentiment that "terrorists" in the late-modern era tend to be brown-skinned with beards, but it's certainly something for consideration.

I'll take this opportunity to comment on the article I posted a page ago, and your nominal confusion about what it was trying to get at.

The author was basically apologizing on behalf of the Islamic world for the actions of the extremely, extremely small percentage of their population, the radical militant extremists, who have committed violence in Britain, and urging for greater discourse and co-operation within UK Muslims to raise awareness of their solidarity and harmony. I also inferred the engenderment for greater discourse and interreligious co-operation between British Christians and Muslims. There was definitely a pessimistic vibe that it might yet get worse, but I think the author propounded a lot of good reasons for hope.

Edited by gaia.plateau

you actually think the indians are getting america back? o_O

...im not gonna bother anymore. Any point i make you just find a line in the whole text and make a pun.

Enjoy insanity

QUOTE (Scoop @ Mar 19 2008, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you actually think the indians are getting america back? o_O

I'm certainly not certain they won't. I spent 5 months with an entire civilization, millions of people, that all believe technology is going to collapse in 4 years. Aboriginal people know how to live with the earth, the great majority of North Americans don't.

I've done and seen too many things to deny the existence of some inexplicable higher power (though I do very much doubt an intelligent one), or to deny any possibilities.

QUOTE (Scoop @ Mar 19 2008, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...im not gonna bother anymore. Any point i make you just find a line in the whole text and make a pun.

Enjoy insanity

I've replied to every point you've made... I just don't consider the intentional spinning and twisting of history, or of things people have said, to be "points". Edited by gaia.plateau

Mushrikin is defined as anyone not believing in the oneness of Allah, not as solely pagans, although that category is included.

It's stupid on a cosmic scale to say the west doesn't view terrorism with an Islamic face, then exclude vast tracts of that same west.
It a fact that while not all Muslims since Sept of 01 have been terrorists, it is equally true that all terrorist attacks of note recently have been Muslims.

It is not an extreme part of the Muslim faith that believes the world needs to bow to their desires, it is the fundamental belief behind the whole faith. We have groups like CAIR that sues to have Christian symbols removed from public places, but then sues the universities to have women-only nights at the gym, tax-payer built prayer rooms, and foot baths. What right is there is them expecting every non-muslim icon being removed, but wanting my (and every other tax-payer) to buy them a damn foot bath?

Just out of curiosity, are you wearing a tin-foil hat at the moment?

QUOTE (TheScotsman @ Mar 19 2008, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It a fact that while not all Muslims since Sept of 01 have been terrorists, it is equally true that all terrorist attacks of note recently have been Muslims.

Try not 0.01% of Muslims since 9/11. "while not all Muslims", could you be any more deceitful with your wording?

And the last terrorist attack I heard about was against the US recruitment headquarters, done by Americans in a passing car. I guess that's what happens when you frequently lie to your own people to get them to sacrifice their lives for your companies and corporations, hey?

QUOTE (TheScotsman @ Mar 19 2008, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just out of curiosity, are you wearing a tin-foil hat at the moment?

Shouldn't we all be asking you that question? I'm the rational one saying that extremists make up a very small part of the Islamic world, and you're the paranoid Islamophobe out to kill every brown person before they kill you. Edited by gaia.plateau

I don't believe that ALL recent terrorist attacks have been by Muslims. It's just that attacks which have been made by Muslims are shown in the media as "terrorist attacks" whilst any attack made by a non-muslim is just an "attack".

For example if Israel decide to attack palestine it's displayed as an "Israeli attack" and never as "Israeli terrorists"

Also it should be noted that the verses from the Qu'an are meant only for the Prophet when the Jews broke their treaty with the Muslims. That is where the problem comes from. Yes you can fight someone who oppresses you, any religion is that way.

This is true, the verses quoted are only for certain situations and you need to read them in its context, you can't pull out random verses amd call them barbaric.

Try not 0.01% of Muslims since 9/11. "while not all Muslims", could you be any more deceitful with your wording?

Since 9/11 a lot of people in UK,America and internationally have been arrested over terrorism claims however only a number of them been put on trial and out of those put on trial only a small number have actually been charged with anything terrorism related, the majority of them have not been charged at least that's the case in the UK.

Oh damn I'm glad I never got sucked into this particular discussion.

Gaia, are you done with the procrastinating whoredom yet???

QUOTE (Muhammad @ Mar 19 2008, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't believe that ALL recent terrorist attacks have been by Muslims. It's just that attacks which have been made by Muslims are shown in the media as "terrorist attacks" whilst any attack made by a non-muslim is just an "attack".

Like their recent airstrikes against Palestinian civilians in the Gaza strip, for example.

QUOTE (St. Goodypants @ Mar 19 2008, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gaia, are you done with the procrastinating whoredom yet???

Nevar.

Just posted the essay that was due Monday (submitted 2 days late), working now on a 15 page study proposal on why "grassroots" movements fail because of ultimately top-down administration, and why the term grassroots has become a harmful buzzword over the past decade. After that I have a 10 page essay due on civil action.

I'll be writing them both hours before they're due.

I need to find that website again that done a breakdown of the quran that showed how much deals with things like charity and old people and stuff like that.

Everytime anyone questions a passage from the quran someone always throws in 'your read it out of context' ad nauseum.

Take Lev 18:22 just as a quickie - it's not really open to much intertation is it? You certainly do not need to read all the Lev to understand that one paragraph.

I'm gonna go look for that site...

All religious scripture is interpretable and misinterpretable, and taking any passage out of any holy book necessarily takes it out of context, it has to be considered as a part of the book, as a whole.

What matters is how a people interpret and understand the scriptures they live by. The message of the bible, for example, as interpreted by the Christian civilization as a whole, is love. If you take the bible apart piece by piece, you'd see messages of hate, violence, fear, and oppression. Take it as a whole, however, and it's about love. Similarly, the Islamic civilization as a whole interprets the Qur'an to be about peace, even though if you break it into bits it seems violent.

It's pointless and fruitless to attack a religion by analyzing its scriptures. When it comes down to it, people work for love and peace because they want to, not because a book tells them to- the book just legitimates it. Similarly, when people work for war and fear and hatred and violence, they do it because they want to, not because they misinterpreted a passage from their book. Edited by gaia.plateau

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Mar 20 2008, 02:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I need to find that website again that done a breakdown of the quran that showed how much deals with things like charity and old people and stuff like that.

Everytime anyone questions a passage from the quran someone always throws in 'your read it out of context' ad nauseum.

Take Lev 18:22 just as a quickie - it's not really open to much intertation is it? You certainly do not need to read all the Lev to understand that one paragraph.

I'm gonna go look for that site...

If the "out of context" doesn't work, then they will try to baffle you with the "it doesn't translate" BS.
It's hard to take it out of context when you see one group using that same quote as the reason behind hacking some one's head off. If there is that much room for misinterpretation, then how do they know they are not the ones taking it incorrectly? If the scripture is that vague, then it's useless.

Ok, so we can't analyze a religion by it's scriptures, we may take them out of context.

Let's analyze it by the actions of it's most vocal supporters... Wait, can't do that either, they are "fundamentalists".

Let's see how religions run a government when they are in power... Wait, can't do that They hang their populace from cranes at will.

Hmmm... what's left... I know, how about we analyze it by the way their truly devout treat their family. Wait, can't do that... they murder their daughters for "family honor" at a rather alarming rate.

Maybe how a religion tolerates those that don't believe... Ya, that's it! Unless you happen to draw a cartoon they don't like, or write a book they don't approve of.

How about how they police their own lunatics. Hmm, still not doing it, every time there is any "radical Islamist" attack we see them dancing in the streets from Malaysia to Pakistan. Seldom we hear any true spokesperson for the religion condem the radicals. Why? Could it be that they believe/support them?

Maybe we study a religion's meaning through how it teaches their children. Lets have that film of those fake-disney characters again.

Just what do we use as a model of the religion?

QUOTE (TheScotsman @ Mar 20 2008, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If the "out of context" doesn't work, then they will try to baffle you with the "it doesn't translate" BS.

biggrin.gif As you like it buddy.

Judges 19:22-26

QUOTE ("The Bible")
22Now as they were making their hearts merry, behold, the men of the city, certain sons of Belial, beset the house round about, and beat at the door, and spake to the master of the house, the old man, saying, Bring forth the man that came into thine house, that we may know him.

23And the man, the master of the house, went out unto them, and said unto them, Nay, my brethren, nay, I pray you, do not so wickedly; seeing that this man is come into mine house, do not this folly.

24Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing.

25But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go.

26Then came the woman in the dawning of the day, and fell down at the door of the man's house where her lord was, till it was light.

27And her lord rose up in the morning, and opened the doors of the house, and went out to go his way: and, behold, the woman his concubine was fallen down at the door of the house, and her hands were upon the threshold.

28And he said unto her, Up, and let us be going. But none answered. Then the man took her up upon an ass, and the man rose up, and gat him unto his place.

29And when he was come into his house, he took a knife, and laid hold on his concubine, and divided her, together with her bones, into twelve pieces, and sent her into all the coasts of Israel.

An innocent woman is gang raped, beaten, and sliced into pieces. I didn't even take it out of context, see? I included 7 passages. American Psycho has got nothing on the Bible. And remember, you're not allowed to say that "it doesn't translate". Or how about this one?

Deutronomy 7:1-2

QUOTE ("The Bible")
When the LORD your God brings you into the land where you are entering to possess it, and clears away many nations before you, the Hittites and the Girgashites and the Amorites and the Canaanites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and stronger than you. And when the LORD your God delivers them before you and you defeat them, then you shall utterly destroy them. You shall make no covenant with them and show no favor to them.

Even in the most violent calls to arms in the Qur'an, there is always the underlying imperative for conditional mercy, even against one's enemies. In this biblical passage, however, readers are called to destroy and annihlate even those willing to convert- zero forgiveness, zero mercy. Or maybe you want me to post this one...

Numbers 31:17-18
QUOTE ("The Bible")
Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves.

Kill children but save virgins for yourself to rape. Yeah, Islam is a religion of violence and terrorism, while the Bible is a big fluffy, huggy bunch of love and happiness. Let's keep going, this is really bloody easy.

Deuteronomy 20:10-17

QUOTE ("The Bible")
When you approach a city to fight against it, you shall offer it terms of peace. If it agrees to make peace with you and opens to you, then all the people who are found in it shall become your forced labor and shall serve you. However, if it does not make peace with you, but makes war against you, then you shall besiege it. When the LORD your God gives it into your hand, you shall strike all the men in it with the edge of the sword. Only the women and the children and the animals and all that is in the city, all its spoil, you shall take as booty for yourself; and you shall use the spoil of your enemies which the LORD your God has given you… Only in the cities of these peoples that the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, you shall not leave alive anything that breathes

Advocating deceit, slavery, and murder. A call to trick an enemy into making a peace agreement, then enslaving them, or utterly annihilating them if they won't agree. Oh, and let's not forget the implied raping of women and children.

Now, you might get a whiny tone in your voice and cry "but Gaaaaia, those are Old Testament verses, wah wah wah only the second half of our holy book counts". Bullshit, but whatever, here we go on the New Testament.

Matthew 10:34-35
QUOTE ("The Bible")
Do not think that I have come to send peace on earth. I did not come to send peace, but a sword. I am sent to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law"

I think that one is pretty self-explanatory, a call to Christians to spread and incite war. I've got a million of them.

Luke 19:26-27
QUOTE ("The Bible")
I tell you that to everyone who has, more shall be given, but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence.

It's not enough that the enemies of the Christians be slain; their bloodlust demands that the murders be carried out before their very eyes.

Have at it, bud, and remember, by your own rules you're not allowed to call these "out of context", "mistranslations", or "misinterpretations".

QUOTE (TheScotsman @ Mar 20 2008, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's hard to take it out of context when you see one group using that same quote as the reason behind hacking some one's head off.

Kind of like in the Crusades, the Inquisitions, the almost innumerable Christian wars between 1200 and 1900, the KKK, Hitler, Mussolini, the Iraq War, should I keep going? If your point is that acts of religious violence are ultimately representative of a religion, you have a lot more to worry about from Christians.

Sorry that flopped on you. You're clearly not safe around all those Christians in the United States though, you'd better grab your tinfoil hat and move to a remote island somewhere, where the religious extremists can't get you.
Edited by gaia.plateau

In living memory Gaia how do the Christians/Jews/Various spin off's stack up in number of deaths directed from a holy book?

I can tell you that in February 2008 There were :-
Monthly Jihad Report February 2008

Jihad Attacks: 174
Countries:14
Religions: 5
Dead Bodies: 1318
Critically Injured: 1460

Maybe you could give us the figures for other religions.... Just so we can have a modern month-on-month tally as to who's ranking in the 'killing in the name of god' stakes?

Cheers,
JD

No, he isn't likely using a bible and a grenade in that way...

But he has said repeatedly that God wanted him to be president, that God made him president. Which translates to his actions being guided by his interpretation of the will of the Christian god.

The Iraq War is largely a result of his actions, which makes every death directly or indirectly a result of Christian scripture.

Perhaps not a solid argument, but a rational one, to be sure.

These are not for the timid Just a word of warning. Hard to play the gaia-wordgame with a picture... or many.
http://www.darkjuva.com/showthread.php?tid=14567
http://www.flurl.com/item/1_u_223430

Ok, do you see anyone yelling any Christian phrases? Any Crosses? Any Magan David hanging in the background?

Ya, me either.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a50_1178268271
Never seen any Christians, Jews, Pagans, Wiccans treat a crime victim like that in the last, what, 1000 years.

Show me some Christian, Jewish, Or any other pulling this stupidity
http://www.gendercide.org/case_honour.html
http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,344374,00.html
http://www.merip.org/mer/mer206/ruggi.htm
http://www.aina.org/news/20070425181603.htm That is one big crowd for being just a "radical fringe element"
One right there in your neck of the iceberg... http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/archives/001085.php

Gotta wonder... Get raped then your old man strangles you for dishonoring the family... and a father kills his wife and daughter for honor's sake after his own brother rapes them.
http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/story.h...4a5&k=20265
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aqsa_Parvez
Dude! You have a LOAD of those fringe radicals up there. We need a fence to keep the fruitloops all in Canada!

And since you wondered how happy the fellows down under are with the Muslims, Go have a look at
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1a3_1176739658
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=237_1181360648 When your senior clerics are like this fuitloop, you are sure to make a bunch of friends.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a2e_1182220826

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=54b_1177455914-Wow... that's allot of fringe people there... what did the reporter say, thousands of believers. Now, I am not sure just how I can take that "out of context", or "miss-translate" it... it's right from their English-speaking "holy man".

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5f7_1179211068 Now, show me a video of a gang of Rabbis, or Catholic priests beating some Muslim cleric for preaching.

How about some of these guys?
http://www.rawa.org/beating.htm
http://www.rawa.org/h-kill.htm
http://www.rawa.org/murder-w.htm

I do find RAWA to be a voice of reason in a religion of hate. It gives me a bit of hope.

Call them the fundamentalists, and I say the fundamentals of the religion are evil. Call them a "few" on the fringe, and there are an awful lot of these "fringe" people. Quran 13:11 says: "Verily, God does not change men's condition unless they change their inner selves..." Maybe it's time for these types to change their inner selves, and in the event they can not/do not what choice remains?

As for the war in Iraq, it was about chemical weapons...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/s...000/4304853.stm
http://www.worldthreats.com/middle_east/Iraq_Weapons.htm
Yep, looks like they existed, unless you think he got the name "Chemical Ali" from making crack in the woodshed. One should worry about where they are now.

Muslims not in the group of jackasses we see above deserve an apology for my incorrectly grouping them in the same category as these. It's just getting damn hard to tell the good from the bad, and who draws the line where.

Two words Scotsman.

Anal pear.

Discussing religion on the internets while I'm too drunk to differentiate between my hands and the keyboard.

Also well done, avoiding every challenge and point I made by cowering into the proverbial corner and tucking your proverbial tail behind more of the same hate-propaganda of which the spreading has become character for you.