Exotica Update

QUOTE (zeppyrkr @ Jan 22 2008, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the spots do seem light and if you rub them they go away so there only on the top layer although a few have the more notable streaks of silverish on them.

My order from HC was like that, and they had a bad taste and smell. The smell and taste is actually what made me inspect my box more closely (the top layer had appeared fine to me at a glance), at which point I found the white spots and streaks. I've never seen coals look like that. Edited by Ralleac

I ordered a box from HC too.

My box has white spots as well. But, they work perfectly so nothing is wrong. (they do have cracks in them but that is normal) I think this batch is before the whole "bad coal" thing and "improvements" that are supposed to be coming soon for the coals. So basically, these are Exotica V.1...lmao wow that sounded corny!

They do have a smell, but its more of a burning woodish smell. but when they are red hot, it does away and it is tasteless. Edited by JillyIsJustKidding

QUOTE (Scoop @ Jan 23 2008, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have canary, they are ok. personally think the Abu Hatim or whatever the hell they were called were way better.

Eric usus the Abu ones..

they are pretty good... give off a perfect temp. when you are smking tangiers Edited by ASUSEAN1

QUOTE (ASUSEAN1 @ Jan 23 2008, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they are pretty good... give off a perfect temp. when you are smking tangiers

Where do you buy thesE? Dont think i'v seen them at any of the big online stores..

QUOTE (Scoop @ Jan 23 2008, 02:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have canary, they are ok. personally think the Abu Hatim or whatever the hell they were called were way better.

Eric just came on recently and said that the Abu Jap coals were worse then they used to be and not worth the buy.

And ARen't those Stargate ones Round?? Out of all the shapes, that's the worst.

http://www.hookahforum.com/index.php?showt...amp;hl=sonthert - Erics ABu Mini-Review Edited by ZenSilk

QUOTE (Canon @ Jan 23 2008, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
exoticas are good coals, its amazing how quickly people jump on the bandwagon and say that exoticas are crap.

No one is jumping... they're getting thrown on. Ordering Exoticas is like playing roulette... you've gotten lucky so far, but you might not be so critical if and when you receive a bad batch tongue.gif

QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Jan 23 2008, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Canon @ Jan 23 2008, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
exoticas are good coals, its amazing how quickly people jump on the bandwagon and say that exoticas are crap.

No one is jumping... they're getting thrown on. Ordering Exoticas is like playing roulette... you've gotten lucky so far, but you might not be so critical if and when you receive a bad batch tongue.gif

Aww haha that's what i said somewhere! Glad someone has the same metaphorical values as i do. smile.gif
Gaia, you gotta give us a detialed, extremely fine review of both Coconut coal companies. I wanna know everything there is to know about them.

QUOTE (Canon @ Jan 23 2008, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The only box that I've ever ordered tasted/smelled bad and don't look normal. It isn't like I want them to taste like that. I paid for them hoping they'd be as good as the natural coals I usually use because they had a lot of good reviews. As is, I have another box of coals that's going to get thrown out along with the Rolland fingers I bought in hopes that they'd be better than their QLs (Rollands are the only finger coals I can get locally dry.gif .) For now, I'll keep using the naturals I've been using since the only problem I have with them is the chunks that are too small to use. Edited by Ralleac

QUOTE (RayVer @ Jan 23 2008, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dude coco nara are those cube coals i've been looking forever for...

any one in the US sells them?

I'll look into getting the e-mail address of their US agent... I know that they have them to sell in Canada and the US right now, they just won't have the site up until the end of the month.