The Ikookah

Stealth

This is the Ikookah. It's a hookah I made a few years ago. The base is a large Vase from Ikea. I put my stargate next to give you an idea of the size.

As you can see it is large enough to even fit one of my smaller hookahs inside. The top is made out of some pvc pipe parts. Originally it was even bigger but I shortened it to make it more manageable. As you can see its pretty easy to add more hoses and can be customized.

The stem is made out of copper, which is perfectly safe (sorry brass fan-boys.) As you can see it splits near the bottom for diffusion, and holes are added for even more diffusion.

The smoke is great, and very cool. That's about it I guess, just thought I'd share it with you all.

QUOTE (john_smith @ Oct 31 2007, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks very nice, but also really unstable. How do you keep it propped up?

I'm guesssing you think the bottom is fully rounded. Ikea wouldn't sell something like that.......(Would they?). Anyways it probably has a flattened bottom so it's stable.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (cloudS***** @ Nov 18 2007, 03:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (oolatec @ Oct 31 2007, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm... makes me wonder how drilling a few small holes on the bottom of a stem would work on a "regular" hookah... smile.gif

-ummmm it wouldn't do anything. Bubbles follow the path of least resistance. If you plugged the end and drilled holes, yes.

Actually it would work. The design is made to slightly diffuse without effecting the pull. The path of least resistance is the smaller holes on the top. as you can see the holes spiral down so the harder the hit you take, the air escapes from lower down. The bottem is left uncapped so that if you got two or more people on it and they want to take a really massive hit they can withit a poorly designed diffuser to slow them down.

QUOTE (cloudS***** @ Nov 18 2007, 04:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm... makes me wonder how drilling a few small holes on the bottom of a stem would work on a "regular" hookah... smile.gif

-ummmm it wouldn't do anything. Bubbles follow the path of least resistance. If you plugged the end and drilled holes, yes.

not necessarily true.  just as with electricity, bubbles do, yes "take the path of least resistance".  however, as is also true with electricity, its like 85% that takes the path of least resistance, because then the other path has less resistance.

• 3 months later...
QUOTE (SafeSearchOff @ Nov 18 2007, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (cloudS***** @ Nov 18 2007, 04:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not necessarily true. just as with electricity, bubbles do, yes "take the path of least resistance". however, as is also true with electricity, its like 85% that takes the path of least resistance, because then the other path has less resistance.

There are diffuser stems for other stuff that do work really well. I'm assuming because the holes create new paths of least resistance. Edited by neel620