Paris Hilton

She really hasn't been getting special treatment. I'm fairly certain the time she served (before going back) is about average for people with similar offenses. The county sherriff was quoted saying that she was given a relatively severe sentence.

Of course, the system isn't really designed to punish people as wealthy as her. She can laugh off any fines, she could hire a driver, and wow, house arrest in a palatial mansion would really suck. It's absolutely hilarious that she cried for her mother when the police came to take her back to prison. "It's not right, Mom!"

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Scalliwag @ Jun 8 2007, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it is a very good thing. It is a strike against affirmative action for the priviledged.

Wake up calls help those that can be helped and it is an injustice to people like Hilton not to have to deal with a harsh reality when they start pressing an envelope. Her cocky arrogant ass that thinks she is so far above everybody just got her first dose of the real world... and not even a full dose I can assure you. But still enough to where she should come out changed.

...If that never comes you end up with cocky arrogant egotistical jerks like Dick Cheney. wink.gif

Well put Scalli! The Judge who sent her back is my new personal hero. biggrin.gif

She got that sentence because she violated her probation and said that it wasnt her fault. Judges don't like to hear that.

QUOTE (Calcartman @ Jun 10 2007, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not that im a fan of Paris Hilton, but she is being punished more than your average citizen for what has happened.
for non-violent first conviction offenders, the jails are overcrowded, and they serve 10% of the sentence.
she is being given the full sentence.
why?
cause she's famous, dumb, and hated by millions.
ah, justice.

Mmm, actually this is the 2nd time she's been picked up violating her probation. The first time the judge warned her that if she didn't go by the rules there'd be hell to pay. She didn't listen, and this time the court decided that arrogance and believing you're above the law is reason to prove you aren't. I completely agree with the judge in this case. Come on, she's a Hilton. She couldn't hire a driver to be at her beck and call for the term of her probation????? Arrogance and stupidity are a bad combination.

[quote name='txhookahman' date='Jun 10 2007, 04:28 PM' post='131354']

This is Paris Hilton's mugshot. Who else thinks she's ugly? I honestly don't see why people think she's so hot. Also, I don't agree she should be put in a special VIP cell that has a button she can press for help. I'd like to see her fight her way out of something. I think she should go in with all the other scum-of-the-earth. After all, she is a criminal!

TX

[/quote

Actually she's not being isolated for special treatment. My H/R Director is a former Sheriff's Deputy that worked Twin Towers. According to him celebrities are kept from the general population for the protection and control of the jail. Which makes sense. Would YOU want to be the deputy who had to wade into a tank full of women who were intent on beating the living daylights out of her just to make a name for themselves? People get hurt in jails all the time. Can you imagine the fall out if you were the shift commander when a Hilton got injured on your watch? She's being isolated for their peace of mind, not hers.

That is a good point. I'll admit that if I was in the same jail cell as Ken Lay or Jeff Skilling that they would not have made it out in one piece and then my ass would be up the river for a long time. By the time they can get a jail cell open somebodys head could have been dribbled like a basketball off the concrete way beyond any hope of survival.

People like them can bring out the worst in others. While I would have not gone out of my way to have jacked one of those guys up I could not have passed up the opportunity to exact some serious pain for the shit they did to people.
Paris is a spoiled brat but I don't think she is up there with the Enron boys.
Remember what happened to Jeffrey Dahmer? I wish there was video of that smile.gif

Do you guys know that most people that brake their probation on first DUI almost rarely goto Jail?

I can't stand her personally especially since famous people usually get away with it but she's being treated worse just to show an example. Don't think that it justifies a fair ruling.

QUOTE (Gaara) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you guys know that most people that brake their probation on first DUI almost rarely goto Jail?

I can't stand her personally especially since famous people usually get away with it but she's being treated worse just to show an example. Don't think that it justifies a fair ruling.

It's within the law. It also depends what state you are in. Right now, I live in Florida. Florida and California are some of the toughest states on DUI laws. There is zero-tolerance. Also, as I have stated before, she's held to a higher standard. People idolize and look up to her, or most of us look down at her lol, but if you are held to a higher standard, then you should have to pay more consequences. She's supposed to make good examples, not break the laws for all her 13 year old fans. You can't think about just her. And if you do, she is a criminal. Criminals get to pay the price they have to. She knew she was breaking her probation, but I guess she didn't care. She's careless and has no regard for anyone but herself. She deserves to rot in jail in my opinion. I just wanna see how much weight she loses while she's in there.

TX

QUOTE (txhookahman @ Jun 13 2007, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's within the law. It also depends what state you are in. Right now, I live in Florida. Florida and California are some of the toughest states on DUI laws. There is zero-tolerance. Also, as I have stated before, she's held to a higher standard. People idolize and look up to her, or most of us look down at her lol, but if you are held to a higher standard, then you should have to pay more consequences. She's supposed to make good examples, not break the laws for all her 13 year old fans. You can't think about just her. And if you do, she is a criminal. Criminals get to pay the price they have to. She knew she was breaking her probation, but I guess she didn't care. She's careless and has no regard for anyone but herself. She deserves to rot in jail in my opinion. I just wanna see how much weight she loses while she's in there.

TX

Like ive said before you cant punish someone more because theyre a so called role model to idiots. Any celebrity for that matter should be punished the same as me or any other person. I live in cali and ive said this before ive had several friends who hardly did any time for a first or even second DUI. Just because you hate someone doesnt mean they deserve it. Shit i hated sadaam but hanging him was stupid. Im done talking about this cuz every time you talk about it, it empowers her dumbass. she actually made me talk about her. EWWWW lol =-)

QUOTE (txhookahman @ Jun 13 2007, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

TX

huh.gif Whatttt?

Treating celeberties worse than the average citizen is just as worse as treating them better. It doesn't matter if she's a famous or not; she's an American citizen and therefore should be treated just like any other American citizens.

By the way, even in Florida and California the rate of people who go to jail for breaking probation after first DUI is still very low. Even though who have been sent to jail were almost never required to do the maximum penalty of 45 days in Jail.

You're letting your bias and hate of Paris cloud the better judgement, just like the Judge who sent her to Jail.

QUOTE (Gaara @ Jun 13 2007, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (txhookahman @ Jun 13 2007, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

TX

huh.gif Whatttt?

Treating celeberties worse than the average citizen is just as worse as treating them better. It doesn't matter if she's a famous or not; she's an American citizen and therefore should be treated just like any other American citizens.

By the way, even in Florida and California the rate of people who go to jail for breaking probation after first DUI is still very low. Even though who have been sent to jail were almost never required to do the maximum penalty of 45 days in Jail.

You're letting your bias and hate of Paris cloud the better judgement, just like the Judge who sent her to Jail.

What? My bias? You know me? I don't have a bias. I could care less. I live my life. I don't follow celebrities. I don't watch MTV as much as I used to, so I don't see the MTV News breaks or anything. I watch FOX News. I watch the Discovery channel almost all the time. I'm not biased. If you actually knew me, you would know that I step outside of a situation and look at it from both sides.

That being said, If you're not from Florida, you don't know. I was lucky and was on the edge of the timeline for VOP and I would have gone to jail for 3-6 MONTHS. not weeks. Not 45 days. Different states have different laws. Every judge does their own thing. Just because she got a worse sentence doesn't mean she's being treated worse. Look at her behavior and attitude. She thinks she's superior and she partys her ass off like it's going out of style. Her behavior requires a harsh punishment. Maybe she can become a better American citizen.

TX

They reported on MSNBC that today visitation rights of other prisoners was disrupted. Her lawyer came to see her at 12:30. Her parents showed up at 12:50 and stayed 2 hours. They are only supposed to get 30 minutes total visitation time. They shut visitation down for all other prisoners during this time.
If this is indeed true it is impossible to say she is not getting preferential treatment. This is bullshit. The sherriff needs to lose his job over this.

QUOTE (Scalliwag) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They reported on MSNBC that today visitation rights of other prisoners was disrupted. Her lawyer came to see her at 12:30. Her parents showed up at 12:50 and stayed 2 hours. They are only supposed to get 30 minutes total visitation time. They shut visitation down for all other prisoners during this time.
If this is indeed true it is impossible to say she is not getting preferential treatment. This is bullshit. The sherriff needs to lose his job over this.

That's some shit. What a slut. I hate her lol. I wish I was as rich as her and could do whatever the hell I wanted and party every fucking night! Bitch. lol

TX

What? My bias? You know me? I don't have a bias. I could care less. I live my life. I don't follow celebrities. I don't watch MTV as much as I used to, so I don't see the MTV News breaks or anything. I watch FOX News. I watch the Discovery channel almost all the time. I'm not biased. If you actually knew me, you would know that I step outside of a situation and look at it from both sides.

Not saying you are bias or not, but if you think watching FOX news is going to give you an all around aspect of something, then you are completely wrong. No news channel tells the whole truth, they are all leaning one way or another

QUOTE (oggie505#2) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not saying you are bias or not, but if you think watching FOX news is going to give you an all around aspect of something, then you are completely wrong. No news channel tells the whole truth, they are all leaning one way or another

Well I know that. But they also have to give you the facts.

TX

I promised myself i would not post in this thread.... but my speel is about to erupt!

IF you want to understand everything that is wrong with society today it's Paris Hilton.

Society has replaced G-d with the celebrity.
Working-class is seen as scum, however unemployment is certainly a fine long-term goal (Maybe uk only)
Just aspire to being famous and cashing as much cash as possible through heat magazine.

I am throughly sick & tired on this society and our modern value system.

I may just give everything up and live in a bloody igloo.

JD

QUOTE (Johnny_D) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I promised myself i would not post in this thread.... but my speel is about to erupt!

IF you want to understand everything that is wrong with society today it's Paris Hilton.

Society has replaced G-d with the celebrity.
Working-class is seen as scum, however unemployment is certainly a fine long-term goal (Maybe uk only)
Just aspire to being famous and cashing as much cash as possible through heat magazine.

I am throughly sick & tired on this society and our modern value system.

I may just give everything up and live in a bloody igloo.

JD

If you lived in an igloo, JD, you're hookah would always be nice and cold! wink.gif I agree though.

TX

I agree that society as a whole is very screwed. But I think most people are overall good. Overall our values are very screwed. Kids know the names of every musician, actor/actress, sports star and have no clue who the greatest teachers, inventors and other people that actually have a true positive impact on our daily well being as well as our future.

Most people I talk to have no idea who Nikola Tesla was and they use his inventions all day every day. Everybody knows drunken ass Babe Ruth though.
I think most people are too simple minded. Great things are happening in technology everyday just like everyday since the beginning of mankind but nobody knows any of their names except a extreme minority.
But somebody with a IQ smaller than their shoesize that can hit a baseball well will be a millionare about the time they are old enough to buy their first beer.

People put a lot into fun and entertainment. They spend their extra money there. There are record producers that I can assure you do not like the shit they are producing but it sells.
On individual levels people need to push themselves harder and not be content so easily. They need to learn to love to learn.
Don't wake up with nothing in mind but to do the same damn thing over and over again. Along the way throw in some challenges even though you already have a big load.

I love football. I like a good movie and I love listening to good music as much or more than the next guy. But some people miss the forest for the trees and they limit themselves usually with excuses.
I understand your frustration JD. I think most people have similar frustrations but as a whole they are kinda stuck in the same damn routine. Don't sweat that shit as far as you doing your thing. Take care of those close to you and be a good friend to your friends and just do your best at everything you can get your hands on.

Hello all,

I felt this would be a good thread for a first post as I am a bit torn on this subject. Like many on this forum, I can't stand Paris Hilton or the elitist beliefs she and others hold to that they live under a different code of law. This also means however, that I do not believe her penalties should be any worse than the average scum bag thrown in prision. However, I do feel her scentence is justified. She is being given special treatment. She has her own cell, she gets to eat by herself, do visitation away from the other inmates, and gets to spend her outside time away from them. Regardless if it is for her safety or better control of the prison itself, it is a perk. I'm sure alot of rapists and kiddie molestors would love the same treatmet. If she were to have been sentenced to the general holding that everyone else would have been, I think that I could see her being let out within a day. Since she is taking the vacation suite, (which is not suffering from the overcrowding that the rest of the system is, which is the justification for early release) let her stay for a while. Additionally, she was given opportunity to avoid it. She was warned TWICE that what she was doing was in violation of her probation. My personal belief on probation is that the FIRST time you violate it, you get canned, not just a slap on the wrist.

Greg

QUOTE (omegis13 @ Jun 17 2007, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello all,

I felt this would be a good thread for a first post as I am a bit torn on this subject. Like many on this forum, I can't stand Paris Hilton or the elitist beliefs she and others hold to that they live under a different code of law. This also means however, that I do not believe her penalties should be any worse than the average scum bag thrown in prision. However, I do feel her scentence is justified. She is being given special treatment. She has her own cell, she gets to eat by herself, do visitation away from the other inmates, and gets to spend her outside time away from them. Regardless if it is for her safety or better control of the prison itself, it is a perk. I'm sure alot of rapists and kiddie molestors would love the same treatmet. If she were to have been sentenced to the general holding that everyone else would have been, I think that I could see her being let out within a day. Since she is taking the vacation suite, (which is not suffering from the overcrowding that the rest of the system is, which is the justification for early release) let her stay for a while. Additionally, she was given opportunity to avoid it. She was warned TWICE that what she was doing was in violation of her probation. My personal belief on probation is that the FIRST time you violate it, you get canned, not just a slap on the wrist.

Greg

Well you do know that she was placed in the regular section with a cell mate. They moved her because she had death threats from other inmates. Death threats happen all the time and they move the inmate to a different section. We just do not hear about it because they are not Hollywood stars.

Paris is probably one of the most influencial characters of this century,
I give her mad credit

QUOTE (PerznPerversion @ Jun 10 2007, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (txhookahman @ Jun 10 2007, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Calcartman) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not that im a fan of Paris Hilton, but she is being punished more than your average citizen for what has happened.
for non-violent first conviction offenders, the jails are overcrowded, and they serve 10% of the sentence.
she is being given the full sentence.
why?
cause she's famous, dumb, and hated by millions.
ah, justice.

Well I'm glad she's being made an example.

TX

Justice should be equal to all offenders. She shouldnt get treated any worst/better than anyone else would.

QUOTE (bachdragon @ Jun 18 2007, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Paris is probably one of the most influencial characters of this century,
I give her mad credit

Dear Sweet Jesus.

Please tell me your kidding right?

What is her ability? Apart from the ability to influence me that
1. Potential parents should have to sit Verbal, Oral, Physical & Psycological exams.
2. That someone can, in fact, be a complete and total waste of space.
3. That being rich is not all it's cracked up to be.
4. That maybe, juuuuust maybe, we should use useless human beings for electricity production.

JD