Paris Hilton

Is anyone out there as glad as I am that Paris Hilton is going back to county jail after being released early to home incarceration? I think it's right that she finally has to face the consequences of some her actions. She has had a history of behaving as though there were never any ramifications for any of her actions. She is nothing more than a wealthy, spoiled brat that is finally getting what my dear old momma would call "her come-uppance." I actually heard people say today that those who support the judge's decision to return her to jail are "jealous of Miss Hilton's status." I think it's more a matter of that idea that her wealth and fame are buying her no special privleges. Just think, if any one of us on this forum had done the same thing, our asses woudl have been slapped in jail, no questions asked. It's a small matter involving an inconsequential nobody with no discernable talent, but it's nice to know that, at least in some cases, justice can be blind.

That being said, does anybody else think that the news coverage of this "landmark legal decision" is completely over the top and more than just a bit ridiculous? I work in the TV news biz and I'm astounded at the attention this story is getting. There are literally hundreds of more important issues in the world today.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I AM!!! Just because you are rich and have money doesn't mean the laws don't apply to you. HAHA HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR STAY IN THE CLINK PARIS! Slutty slutty girl! Me no like Paris Hilton. That's why I also don't support Hilton Hotels anymore, either!

TX

QUOTE (The King) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I couldn't care less

I don't pay attention to celebrities, I don't have the time. I have my own life to worry about. But I do like to see celebrities go to jail (Russell Crowe, Paris Hilton, Martha Stewart) to be examples that the law does apply to everyone. I agree with the judge's decision. I'm minoring in Criminal Justice, so these things interest me.

TX

Well, I cheered today when I heard she was going back, as I was completely outraged last night when I heard she was just under house arrest. How do you earn half your sentence taken off when you haven't even served any time yet is what I want to know.

well to shed some light on this topic, i would like to say that ALOT of people get out from within days to even hours of being in jail. My friend spent one night in jail for a DUI, i believe so at least. but i do believe she needs 2 be treated equally as everyone else. Getting out for being "mentally ill" thats just retarded. maybe if it was like OVERCROWDING then MAYBE ..

I think it is a very good thing. It is a strike against affirmative action for the priviledged. I got into lots of trouble when I was a kid and and got taken to juvenile detention a few times. When I turned 17 I got thrown in jail and was there nearly 3 days. That was the first and the last time I was in jail. It did wonders for me smile.gif It changed my entire attitude in respect to laws and other people.
I put it right up there with the best thing for cocky people that think they are badasses needing to get their ass beaten real good to let them know they really are not that tough. Wake up calls help those that can be helped and it is an injustice to people like Hilton not to have to deal with a harsh reality when they start pressing an envelope.
Her cocky arrogant ass that thinks she is so far above everybody just got her first dose of the real world... and not even a full dose I can assure you. But still enough to where she should come out changed.

I hope for her that she comes out a lot more humble and maybe some views on life that will bring her down from her elitist loft. Hopefully it sends a message to some of the other Lindsey Lohan's out there that have come to expect special treatment. Society should not help spoil spoiled brats even further. If the parents did not spank that ass then somebody else needs to come along and impose punishment for them later. If that never comes you end up with cocky arrogant egotistical jerks like Dick Cheney. wink.gif

I was glad to hear that she was going back. It'll do her rich, spoiled ass good.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that once she gets out she'll go right back to that elitist loft she's lived her whole life in. I tend to blame her parents for letting her become the little shit she is. When she gets out I'm sure she'll play the "poor me, look at what I've had to endure" card and every one will clamor to hear how rough it was "on the inside." And, unfortunately, the media will play right into it. Then again, maybe the public shares some of the blame. If we didn't eat this crap up, maybe the various media outlets would start offering up a little more substantial fare. It's a shame that public radio and television has to periodically beg for funding when the likes of "A Simple Life" gets sponsorship, and viewers, out the wazoo. But that's probably a topic for a completely different thread.

Anyway, UP THE REVOLUTION!

QUOTE (Big Boss) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was glad to hear that she was going back. It'll do her rich, spoiled ass good.

+1

I spent the night (15 hours) in jail for DUI before my parents bailed me out. It was a mandatory 8 hour processing period or some bullshit. This was 6 months after I turned 18. Ain't that some shit!

TX

QUOTE (txhookahman @ Jun 8 2007, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I spent the night (15 hours) in jail for DUI before my parents bailed me out. It was a mandatory 8 hour processing period or some bullshit. This was 6 months after I turned 18. Ain't that some shit!

TX

This is off-topic but rather funny, imo. A friend of mine got picked up for DUI or some alcohol related offense. He called his dad (who happens to be an attorney) and asked him to bail him out. His dad said "Nah, just wait a few days. Bargain with them and try to get them to drop a few chargers." My friend did just that, but he had to spend 3 days in county jail, in a small cell with 3 mexicans.

QUOTE (Big Boss) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (txhookahman) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

TX

This is off-topic but rather funny, imo. A friend of mine got picked up for DUI or some alcohol related offense. He called his dad (who happens to be an attorney) and asked him to bail him out. His dad said "Nah, just wait a few days. Bargain with them and try to get them to drop a few chargers." My friend did just that, but he had to spend 3 days in county jail, in a small cell with 3 mexicans.

Nah she got a DUI and then violated her probation.

TX

She's a hussy. I just hope my daughter doesn't end up like her. Rich yes, but not a dirty whore. She deserves what she got. She is the definition of fame. She needs to be held accountable for what she has done, just like TX there! wink.gif tongue.gif Only kidding, but she, too, is a person and the law applies to her as well.

Alright well last night when I got home at like 2 the mtv movie awards re run was on... any one else see it? I just caught the beginning and it was actually pretty funny...

Sarah Silverman was the host and she was like "Paris Hilton is going back to jail..." and everyone cheered haha... then she was like "well I feel bad, so I think the guards should make Paris feel more at home and paint all the bars so they look like penises" Again, everyone cheers, and it shows Paris and she's just sitting there in the front section listenening to this. Then Sarah sad " but if the bars look like penises, she'll probably break her teeth on them."

I thought it was awesome, everyone was cheering and laughing and she was just sitting there

Not that im a fan of Paris Hilton, but she is being punished more than your average citizen for what has happened.
for non-violent first conviction offenders, the jails are overcrowded, and they serve 10% of the sentence.
she is being given the full sentence.
why?
cause she's famous, dumb, and hated by millions.
ah, justice.

QUOTE (Calcartman) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not that im a fan of Paris Hilton, but she is being punished more than your average citizen for what has happened.
for non-violent first conviction offenders, the jails are overcrowded, and they serve 10% of the sentence.
why?
ah, justice.

Well I'm glad she's being made an example.

TX

QUOTE (txhookahman @ Jun 10 2007, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why?
ah, justice.

TX

Justice should be equal to all offenders. She shouldnt get treated any worst/better than anyone else would.

QUOTE (PerznPerversion) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why?
ah, justice.

TX

Justice should be equal to all offenders. She shouldnt get treated any worst/better than anyone else would.

Hey, hey, hey, the judge can act to sentence her to the fullest extent of the law if he wishes. It's his decision. Celebrities and rich people are seen at a higher standard. They are idolized which mean, they should set a good example. When they don't, we should make an example of them that the law applies to EVERYONE, no matter how rich, or how poor.

TX

This is Paris Hilton's mugshot. Who else thinks she's ugly? I honestly don't see why people think she's so hot. Also, I don't agree she should be put in a special VIP cell that has a button she can press for help. I'd like to see her fight her way out of something. I think she should go in with all the other scum-of-the-earth. After all, she is a criminal!

TX

QUOTE (txhookahman @ Jun 10 2007, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (PerznPerversion) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why?
ah, justice.

TX

Hey, hey, hey, the judge can act to sentence her to the fullest extent of the law if he wishes. It's his decision. Celebrities and rich people are seen at a higher standard. They are idolized which mean, they should set a good example. When they don't, we should make an example of them that the law applies to EVERYONE, no matter how rich, or how poor.

TX

Just because shes a celebrity doesnt mean she should be an example. Shes like any other dumbass that ive met, i still wouldnt make an example of her. If shes idolized by other people, then thats their own fault for picking such a dumb role model. I dont know her past history but i dont believe she needs to be treated more harsh then i would want to get treated. What are her past offences?

Yea shes fugly, but her body is attractive just a little hahaha but thats just my opinion.

I'm with ya TX on this. She is not above the law or below the law. I feel in her case as well with other celebs she has been getting special treatment not afforded to say people from South Central LA.
Her calling off her lawyers on bailing her for at least the time being sounded like a person thaqt maybe for the first time got time to really put some thought from another perspective.

I always hope the best for anyone including those I don't like or agree with in terms of them becoming better people. She is a disillusioned kid. Looks mean nothing except for sexual gratification. Oogly people like me do not really base a lot off of that becase I have met girls that were not that great at first sight but their personality and quirkiness made up for a lot. And I have seen gorgeous girls that after 2 minutes of listening to them they looked like shit because they were bitches.

We don't get to choose the color we are or the family we are born into or how we look. But we are responsible of what we make of ourselves and that is the part that really matters.