Al Ajamy Reviews

mushrat

Post your reviews below forAl Ajamy Flavours. This is for reviews only. Questions and comments should be posted in seperate threads. Non-review posts or parts of posts deemed not part of the review will be edited out by Mods. For ease of using the search engine, each review should start with:

Al Ajamy (flavour)

Al Ajamy Cherry
i had al ajamy cherry a while ago. i got a free 50g when i stopped by the mya saray store in sterling.

setup: mya qt with 3kings coals. also smoked in an egyptian. cold water in base.

appearance: red in color and very juicy. fairly average cut similar to havana or layalina.

smell: like cherry lifesavers. the best ones (cept maybe watermelon)

smoke: nice clouds, fairly average density.

flavor: BAM. this was very strong flavored, nice tart lifesaver type taste.. it was quite sweet too, candylike really. mm it was good i may well pick some up if i see it anywhere.

buzz: not much buzz, just like a typical unwashed tobacco.

duration: around and hour and a half. it lasted through the movie i was watching.

overall: very pleasant i would give this a 9/10. if youre looking for a nice cherry def give this a try.

• 3 months later...
al ajamy eskandarani ma'assel

first impressions: boxed in usual al fakher/havana/ajamy low-quality tupperware and single sealed bag. smells like a less-champagne-ish version of AF gold seal eskandarani apple. much like a granny smith golden apple. smells powerful and mouthwatering, not unlike an asian girl's face photoshopped onto muhammed ali's body.

preparation: very wet with a light brown color. crubmles nicely into the bowl

smoke:VERY mild flavor. tastes just like it smells. took a lot of heat to get going. almost 4 inches of natural lump coal! extremely smooth smoke, but the flavor seems like it's not all there. perhaps too mild for my tastes

smoke thickness was mediocre at best. about the same level as nakhla lemon. VERY difficult to blow rings with

smokes on average an hour to 1:15. not anywhere near romman, AF gold, or AF 2xapple which can go on for over 2 hours in a 20g bowl

final impressions: great flavor, but weak smoke and doesn't last as long as other AA flavors. at half the price of AFG esk. apple, it's still a bargain though. can be enjoyed by regular and causal smokers alike. as long as the price doesn't go up I would definately buy this one again, but it still can't touch the greats like nakhla peach and AF 2xapple

complimented best with turkish apple tea, or if you're drinking, a whiskey lemonade

equipment:

-30" egyptian
-cermaic 20g shallow bowl from sahara
-72' leather washable mya w/wood tips
-oman charcoal natural lump coal

Edited by iheartvarg1

• 4 weeks later...
Al Ajamy peach:

Set Up: SS Aurora hookah, Mya XL handle hose, 3 Kings coal and large bowl.

Scent: It was a very pleasant scent, reminded me of the peach candy rings (which I adore). So needless to say, I was excited to smoke it.

Cut: Thinly sliced tobacco but not as thin as Al Amir. Bright orange/red color and juicy.

Taste: Not a very noticable taste. Thickness of smoke was fair and didn't get harsh. Was dissappointed w/ the flavor.

Overall: 4/10 I would not buy this flavor again.

• 3 weeks later...
Al Ajamy Lemon

Cut: medium/fine a few stems, red in colour, not much liquid
Scent: Like lemon drops
Weight out of Package: 48g

Setup: Mya QT, 1 3K coal, filtered ice water

Taste: You mean it is supposed to have a taste?

Smoke: Medium-average ish. nothing phenomenal

Buzz: None

Overall rating: 5/10 would be good to thin out a very strong flavor perhaps.

• 2 months later...
This is the first brand of tobacco i ever smoke before i found out Nakhla and Al Fakher.

Al Ajamy Mint

Condition: wet with a red/brownish colour.

smoke: smoke thickness was Okay 5 out of 10

Duration: Max time 1-1.5 hour

Final impressions: The mint taste is so refreshing and i like mint very much. For the taste i give it an 8 out of ten. Overall Score a 7 out of 10

My setup:

-10' pumpkin
-cermaic 20g standard bowl
-unknown brand QL

• 3 months later...
Al Ajamy Fruit Mix

Setup: 32" Lunar 2 Hose Rotator, Egyptian clay bowl, 3 Kings Coals, Water and a pinch of coconut rum for some excitement. Liquid 1 inch above stem.

Cut/Smell: Holy WETNESS!! Dripping, I mean dripping red leaves, very few stems. strong fruit scent.

Smoke: Pretty thick smoke, not too crazy, but decent.

Buzz: No buzz.

Flavor: judging by the wetness of this shisha, I though it would have more flavor sad.gif The smoke was very smooth, but kinda tastless.

Overall: 5/10 - good cut, decent smoke, just no flavor. with good heat management, it lasts quite long (15g lasted me over 2 hours)

• 2 weeks later...
Al Ajamy Mint

Setup: Mya Chic w/small glazed bowl, some oddly named natural coal

Smell: Smelled strongly of Mint, which is good or a bad depending on whether you really like the smell of mint.

Taste: We were mixing this on a 1:5 ratio with Al Ajamy Peach and El Basha Strawberry and the Mint was much more prominent in the flavouring- very strong, very refreshing.

Overal: A great tobacco that could be mixed with just about anything to make it nicer. Overall 8.5/10 I'll definately try and keep some in stock.

• 11 months later...
Al Ajamy Melon

Hookah: Mya Bambino
Bowl: Small Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Nammor
Coals: Coconaras
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Small Cut, lots of stems, swimming in red dye
Nicotine: 0.05%
Base: Molasses
Smell: Melon flavor
Taste: Mild Melon flavor
Smoke: Average Clouds
Duration: 2 Hours

Purchased From: Hookahcompany.com

Overall: 6/10 Nice flavor, but not as strong as any other melon i have had. Plus no buzz and red dye. I probably won't buy again, but it's a decent flavor.

• 6 months later...
Al Ajamy Grape

First time I try the brand. I've been looking for a good grape-shisha for quite some time, but after I bought several different packs of AF that was ketchuped I sort of gave it up. People startet to claim that this was "all in your head", and for some time I found that to be a possibility. Well, I don't anymore. AA Grape tastes just like I always hoped AF Grape would. Not to dominant, not to weak, a very realistic taste.

It's worth mentioning that the duration-time is sub-par, after about an hour the flavor sort of fades away. And it probably gives you less of a buzz than you would get from inhaling air. But for those occasions where I just want a quick smoke this looks like a perfect fit.

8/10

• 1 month later...
Al Ajamy Orange

Hookah: Tall no-name Egyptian
Bowl: Small Egyptian
Screen/Foil: Foil, lots of tiny thumbtack holes
Hose: No name
Coals: CH Naturals
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Forgot =/
Nicotine: 0.05%
Smell: Okay mine smelled like cigars, the box in particular... flavor didn't override but the smell certainly did. Only this box did, nothing else in the order did so I don't know what to say lol.
Taste: Decent orange flavor.
Smoke: Good, I don't really remember honestly so it wasn't bad but probably wasn't the best I ever smoked either.

Overall: 8/10

Awesome flavor. Would get a 9 or even 10 if the flavor was just a bit stronger. Sorry my review isn't the best, I waited to review until I had a chance to smoke it with a little AF Vanilla, which I did last night and can say it was very, very good. I mixed almost entirely with the orange and just a hint of vanilla and it was delicious. I have some left over and I can't wait to get at it for a final smoke!

• 4 months later...
Al Ajamy Double Apple

Setup: 30" al fakher medium solid, traditional egyptian bowl, razan hose, water in base, single foil

Coals: two ch quicklights

Appearance: dyed red, really fine cut like al fakher, wet

Smell: smells like double apple would

Smoke: not billowing clouds like al fakher or tangiers but enough

Taste: anise with a hint of apple. the anise does not taste as strong as al fakher

Overall: i would say this is in between nakhla DA and al fakher DA. nakhla is still king. luckily i didnt buy this as it was a gift from a friend. not something i would ever buy or want to smoke again as there are many better options available. i would give this 4/10

edited to add photo Edited by chinamon

• 1 month later...
AL AJAMY BLACKBERRY!

Set up: Large Syrian hookah, plain tap water, standard leather hose, standard egyptian clay bowls.

Coals: Coconaras, three small, then upped it to four.

Packaging: Cardboard box, wrapped in plastic. Inside plastic resealable tub with a green clear lid, inside that the shisha itself was in a heavy plastic bag.

Appearance: Finer cut, few stems, the juice was more watery than I am accustomed to. Dark red tobacco and juice.

Smell: I was put off. Straight out of the package the berry smell was overpowered by a vitamin smell and plastic.

Smoke: Billowy, light and full--really nice.

Flavor: AMAZING! I was blown away. Fresh berry flavor, not candy-like or cough syrupy as some berry flavors tend to be.

Duration: About an hour and forty five minutes with three coal changes. The flavor never weakened, just died.

Post Mortem: Burned evenly and to the bottom.

OVERALL: DO I dare give this one a 10? I can't think of anything that would make it better and I am REALLY picky! I haven't smoked in a few days, smoked three bowls today becuz I was really enjoying the flavor and quality of the smoke.

• 2 months later...
[size="3"][b]Al Ajamy [color="#ff8c00"]Apricot[/color][/b][/size]

[b]Hookah: [/b]Khalil Mamoon Dark Trimetal
[b]Bowl:[/b] Tangiers Mini Phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose: [/b]Nammor
[b]Coals: [/b]Coconaras
[b]Base Liquid: [/b]Water

[b]Appearance:[/b] Small Cut, lots of stems, swimming in red dye
[b]Nicotine: [/b]0.05%
[b]Base: [/b]Molasses
[b]Smell:[/b] Apricot
[b]Taste: [/b]Mild Apricot flavor
[b]Smoke: [/b]Average Clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] None
[b]Duration:[/b] 2 Hours

[b]Purchased From:[/b] HookahJohn.com

[b]Overall:[/b] 6/10 Nice flavor, but not as strong as any other apricot I have had. It's mild in afterthought sort of way. I mean it's decent, just not really worth it in my book. I mean if it's available locally it might be a good buy, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

• 11 months later...
[color=#1C2837][size=2][b]Al Ajamy - Raspberry[/b]

[b]Setup: [/b]Mya Vortex + Vortex Bowl + 2 Coconaras[/size][/color]
[color=#1C2837][size=2][b]Appearance: [/b]Red dye, very wet, thin cut.
[b]Smoke:[/b] Normal to thin, not nearly as thick as Al Fakher or Tangiers.
[b]Flavor:[/b] Not strong enough, and like someone else mentioned there was almost a playdoh taste.
[b]Duration: [/b]1 hour[/size][/color]
[color=#1C2837][size=2][b]
Overall[/b]: 3/10
[/size][/color]

• 3 weeks later...
[color=#1C2837][size=2][color=#1C2837][size=2][b]Al Ajamy - Melon[/b]

[b]Setup: [/b]Mya Vortex + Vortex Bowl + 2 Coconaras[/size][/color]
[color=#1C2837][size=2][b]Appearance: [/b]Very wet, thin to medium cut, only some stems.
[b]Smoke:[/b] Decently thick.
[b]Flavor:[/b] Very good, just the right amount of taste and actually lasted to some extent until the bowl was done.
[b]Duration: ~[/b]1 hour[/size][/color][/size][/color]
[color=#1C2837][size=2]
[/size][/color]
[color=#1C2837][size=2][color=#1C2837][size=2][/size][/color](Decided to give this brand a second try and was definitely worth it.)
[color=#1C2837][size=2][b]
Overall[/b]: 8/10[/size][/color][/size][/color]

• 5 months later...
[font="Comic Sans MS"][size="5"][color="#8b0000"]Al Ajmy Cherry

[size="3"][color="#000000"]Set up: My new Khalil M, Ice water in the bottom, fuzzy hose, 3 small coconaras

Packaging. Cellophane wrapped box, plastic bucket inside, tobacco inside plastic bag inside. Cleanly wrapped (no leaks).

Smell: A little strong and candy-like.

Appearance: Red dye, pretty wet, good cut, no stems.

Smoke: WOW! Big billows of smoke that I haven't enjoyed in a while.

Flavor: Delicious. Like sweet dark cherries. Strong to the end.

Buzz: Little but I like it that way.

Duration: Almost 2 hours, no fade out--just good flavor to the end.

Overall: I am becoming a big fan of Al Ajmy, it never disappoints. This was really good and something I look forward to smoking again. There is quite a bit of red dye in the water, which I don't like, but I rate it as a 9/10 and can't wait to try their other flavors!

[/color][/size][/color][/size][/font]

• 4 weeks later...
[font="Georgia"][size="3"][color="#ff00ff"]AL AJAMY WATERMELON

[size="2"][color="#000000"]Set up: Khalil Mamoon Trimetal pipe.
Bowl: Unbaked clay, egyptian
Foil/Screen: Aluminum foil
Coals: Coconara
Base Liquid: Warm Water

Appearance: Red dye, finely cut, LOTS of big stems, very juicy.
Smell: Like watermelon candy.
Taste: DELICIOUS! Like fresh sweet watermelon.
Smoke: big nice clouds throughout the session
Duration: Almost 2 hours, consistent from beginning to end.

Overall: 9/10. This is easily one of my favorites , the only downfall was once I picked out all the stems I feel like I lost a lot of the product. I had 500 grams, about 1/8th of it was stems, some as big as my pinky finger. [/color][/size][/color][/size][/font]

[font="Georgia"][size="4"][color="#ff0000"]AL AJAMY Strawberry

[size="2"][color="#000000"]Setup: Khalil Mamoon Pharonie
bowl: 40g egyptian baked clay
base liquid: Warm tap water
Screen/foil: Reynolds foil
Coal: Cocobrico--two at first then added a third
Hose: Monkey fuzzy hose

Manf: 02/11
Base: glycerine
tobacco: .05%
Appearance: Dark red dye, pretty juicy, medium, very few stems
Smell: Strawberry, a little bitter
Taste: Great! Strawberry candy, sweet and a little tart. This has a nice fresh, not too sweet flavor, perfect for a hot day!
Smoke: Not as great as my normal AF but pretty good
Buzz: NONE
Duration: Smoked 3 times, about 1 1/2 hours each, burned all the way thru, consistent taste and smoke, beginning to end.
Purchased locally for about $5 for a 250g bucket.

Overall: Strawberry seems to be a difficult flavor and this is spot on. I would definitely buy again. I would give it a 8.5/10. I only took points away because the smoke is on the light side and it didn't last as long as my AF usually does with the same setup.[/color][/size][/color][/size][/font]

• 8 months later...
[size=3][b]Al Ajamy [color=#8b4513]Cappuccino[/color][/b][/size]

[b]Hookah: [/b]KM tri-metal halzone
[b]Bowl:[/b] Smiley custom glass bowl
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds HD
[b]Hose: Orange thing[/b]
[b]Coals: [/b]Hypnosis

[b]Appearance:[/b] Small Cut, a couple stems very wet
[b]Nicotine: [/b]0.05%
[b]Smell:[/b] like a weak cappuccino
[b]Taste: [/b]very weak cappuccino flavor
[b]Duration:[/b] 1 Hours

[b]Purchased From:[/b] N/A found in a box in storage unopend

[b]Overall:[/b] 4/10 im not a huge cappuccino fan but i found it its about 4 years old but it was unopened thought i'd give it a try and definitely not a fan, no buzz very weak flavor

• 2 months later...
[b]Al ajamy lemon mint[/b]

[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] one foil inside the bowl, then two foils to seperate the coals.
[b]Coals: [/b]Quicklights

[b]Appearance: [/b]Extremely wet, small cut, some small stems.
[b]Smell:[/b] Smells really minty, the lemon is there, but real weak. Overall great smell, the lack of lemon doesnt disappoint me.
[b]Taste: [/b]GREAT taste, now you can taste the lemon. Both the mint and the lemon taste really natural. Very refreshing taste.
[b]Smoke: [/b]Not the best clouds, but still good, puffy clouds (when i smoked, i may have used too few tobacco, so eventually there may be bigger clouds, im going to update this)
[b]Buzz:[/b] Small, but great buzz. Your reaction time is higher, and i felt really relaxed.

[b]Overall:[/b] 9/10 (-1 because of the slightly small clouds, check "smoke") One of my favourites. Definatly one of the best mint i have tasted. Overwhelmingly good taste. Would love to give this one 10/10
  • Upvote 1

[size=3][b]Al Ajamy Mango[/b][/size]

[b]Hookah: 1m or so hookah[/b]
[b]Bowl:[/b] Egyptian small bowl
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Heavy duty
[b]Hose: Normal[/b]
[b]Coals: Quicklights[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b] Small Cut, a couple stems very wet
[b]Nicotine: [/b]I don't have my glasses
[b]Smell:[/b] I am not sure, but definitely not mango.
[b]Taste: [/b]In Thailand we have like 20 kinds of mango. None of them corresponds to this flavour.
[b]Duration:[/b] 1 hour

[b]Purchased From:[/b] Locally to some idiot who sent me this instead of peach
[b]Overall:[/b] 3/10 well if you like mango flavour, this is not. It smells and tastes like fruity but not mango at all.

[size=3][b]Al Ajamy Raspberry[/b][/size]

[b]Coals: Coconut natural 1 big coal[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b] Small Cut, wet
[b]Smell:[/b] Like some raspberry jelly.
[b]Taste: Light flavor, not much taste.[/b]
[b]Smoke: Good [/b]Clouds
[b]Duration:[/b] 90m

[b]Purchased From:[/b] Locally per $2 a 50g pack
[b]Overall:[/b] 6/10 I enjoyed the clouds but the flavour could be improved.

[size=3][b]Al Ajamy 2 apples[/b][/size]

[b]Coals: Coconut natural 2 small coals[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b] Small Cut, wet
[b]Smell:[/b] Strange but nice smell.
[b]Taste: Light flavor, not much taste.[/b]
[b]Smoke: Good [/b]Clouds
[b]Duration:[/b] 90m

[b]Purchased From:[/b] Some bastard who sent this instead of Al Fakher
[b]Overall:[/b] 6/10 Clouds are similar to AF but the taste is veyr light.