Favorite Mix Review

mushrat

Passion Grapefruit

All Tangiers

50% Passionfruit
50% Grapefruit

I've experimented a bit and I found grapefruit on the bottom of the phunnel and passionfruit topping it off works better. You get the sweetness of both with very very distinct flavorings of both. It's awesome. Nice and tangy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

August Breeze

In the Bowl (Mixed)
2/3 Tangiers Raspberry
1/3 Tangiers Summer Solstice

In The Base
Metromint Water - Cherry Mint

This Mix I experimented with tonight, and all I have to say is FREAKING YEAH!

The baccy mix, is incredible by itself. I added Metromint water to the base and it made it that much better. Smoke picked up a hint of cherry and a even more mint. It was absolutely refreshing. A cool smoke that was just phenomenal. Try adding metromint water to your base when you are out of mint, you won't be sorry. I am ordering more of everything to do this again!

10/10

• 3 weeks later...
Chocolate Covered Blueberries

Tangiers Cocoa (80%) and Starbuzz Blue Mist (20%)

*Any good blueberry flavor will suffice*

Setup
: Medium Tangiers Phunnel w/o scalli mod, standard generic egyptian 32" from HS, Mya hose, 2 Coconara coals, room temp water in the base, generic HD foil with Tangiers "all over" hole pattern

Smoke: Smoke was good. Thick

Flavor
: Flavor was awesome. I don't know if any of you guys have tasted those blue chocolate covered blueberries, but thats just what this stuff tasted like.

Duration: I only smoked this stuff for about 20 minutes because I realized I was late to a event that I was soposed to be at

Buzz: No buzz. Didn't notice one.

Overall: I am supremely proud of myself for coming up with this mix. I would suggest using Tangiers Blue Gum Ball or Tangiers Blueberry (whenever it gets released again)

Rating: I'm giving this a 9.5 out of 10. I really enjoyed this mix and I could smoke it all day, no problem.

• 2 months later...
MangoBerry

1/2 AF Mango
1/2 AF Berry

This is currently my go to mix. It is incredibly tasty. Clouds of smoke, usual AF. If you want you could add some lemon or mint into the mix also.. That little bit of zang can help even out the sweetness you get from the Mango and Berry.

Recommended for anyone to try. Incredibly sweet and delicious smoke.

10/10

• 3 weeks later...
Jamba juice- orange banana pineapple
tootsie roll-chocolate vanilla
koolaid- cherry orange pineapple
-- white peach white grape
-- irish cream chocolate
-- sweet melon apricot
berry blend- equal parts strawberry raspberry blueberry blackberry plum (yes i dare to mix 5 flavors : )
-- bubblegum cherry mint
The white boy- strawberry watermelon
The white boy II- peach mango
-- cherry/vanilla cola

im short on time, but ill post some more of my favs later
oh and all these can be mixed with SB, AF, or layalina, dont know about the others.

PineMelon

Layalina Watermelon (50%) and HookahHookah Pineapple (50%)

Setup
: Standard Mya Bowl / Sahara Smoke Egyptian Hookah / Ice Water in base / Razan and Mya hoses / Al-Ajdad Coal(2 pc)

Smoke: Very thick and enjoyable

Flavor
: A majority of the time me and my friends received more pineapple flavor than watermelon.But it mixed very well.The overall taste is exactly what the flavors express.

Duration: Our bowl lasted about 20-25 minutes..We take huge hits.

Buzz: No buzz. Didn't notice one.

Overall: Great mix..It's rare that two different companies mix well but this is definitely one of those rare occasions...Try it!

Rating: I'm giving this a 9 out of 10. I will be using more watermelon next time.That should bump it up to a 10 smile.gif

Here are a couple mixes that I really enjoy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mojito

60% Mint (Your brand of choice)
40% Vanilla (AW or SB seems best)

The vanilla balances out the mint and gives the sweetness of the mojito. You may have to adjust vanilla to your taste.

Add Water and Clear Rum to vase. The amount differs according to the shape of your vase. To get the right amount, I fill my vase till its just below the stem them top off with rum. Put your hookah together, and suck on your hose. You should be able to taste the rum quite a bit, if so your good to go, if not add more. It also seems better if you use the cheapest rum you can find (the $3 dollars for a barrel stuff), it seems to put a lot more flavor off and your not wasting good liquor. wink.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Berry's and Cream

Blackberry (shisha of choice)
Raspberry (shisha of choice)
Blueberry (shisha of choice)
Vanilla (Again AW or SB seem best)

This takes some tinkering for the best mix. Since flavors differ in strength, shoot for a balance. As common sense would dictate: weaker flavors add more, stronger flavors add less. When you get it right, its a very flavorful mix, like a good beer or wine you should be able to taste all the components. I would also think adding strawberry couldnt hurt, but have not tried it yet. Edited by dafunk5446

• 3 weeks later...
Layalina Kiwi and Layalina Bahrani Apple 50/50 mix

The Kiwi tastes great on the inhale, and the Apple is sweet on the exhale

Mya Bambino
Vortex Bowl
Reynolds Wrap HD, small holes with two circles around the outside diameter approx 1/8" apart
"Slushie" Water - ice and water in a mixer and make it come out margarita style! Edited by m4yhem

• 4 weeks later...
Iced Caffe Latte

Ingredients : 60% AF Caffe Latte & 40% AF Mint

Setup : Mya QT (Ice in Base), Razan, Mya Bowl (with 2 cocos on top)

Flavor : Just like you were smoking straight caffe latte.. but with a nice cooling sensation!

Buzz : None

Duration : About an hour.

Overall : Can i get a DEL...ICIOUS! One of my favorite non fruit flavor mixed with the best mint out there. It's just like drinking a cold caffe latte with mint leaves in the glass. Favorite mix so far! Perfect 10/10, you guys should try it.

• 1 month later...
Baklava

Ingredients :
35% Nakhla Pistachio
20% AF Honey
20% Nakhla Cinnamon
25% Nakhla Rose

Setup : Mya QT, Mya hose, Standard Egyption or phunnel bowl, Exotica Coals

Flavor : This is pretty damn close to the taste of Baklava. The honey and cinnamon are hardest to get right in this mix, because they can easily overpower the other flavors. The rose is subtle, barely noticable. Honey and cinnamon are most noticable, with pistachio lending some nutty, vanilla sweetness.

Buzz : None, unless Nakhla gives you a buzz

Duration : An hour or so.

Smoke : Really nice, thick clouds. I love mixing AF with Nakhla. Nakhla can take the heat and AF bumps the cloud factor up a bit.

Overall : I like this mix. It's not my favorite, but it's a unique taste. It's nice when you get a craving but don't have any actual baklava around! Edited by GreatPigHookah

• 2 months later...
"Epic Candy Sweets"

85% Nahkla Apricot 15% Epic Smoke Pink Lemonade

I was low on pink lemonade so I just threw what was left into a large nahkla apricot bowl hoping the intense glycerininess of the epic smoke would get me huge clouds. It does, but not only that it tastes like a turkish delight or something (minus the weird texture thereof)... so good

Wedding with Jesus.

Bowl: Jasmine

Vase : 1/2 water & 1/2 RED wine.

• 2 weeks later...
BerryBonanza (I know, I just had to be cheesy)

Mix equal parts:

Tangiers Lucid Raspberry
Tangiers Lucid Strawberry
Tangiers Lucid Passion Fruit
Tangiers Lucid Kashmir Cherry

AMAZING

• 4 weeks later...
Starbuzz Chocolate Mint + Al Fakher Cafe Latte = Dunkaccino
if you ever had a dunkaccino from dunkin donuts, this is exactly what it tastes like. well, it's between that and chocolate mint ice cream. either way, this is one of my favorite mixes and is certainly a crowd-pleaser. 9/10

Al Fakher Golden Eskandarani Apple + Al Fakher Golden Grape = Golden Grapple
mmm... both of these flavors are nice on their own (specifically apple), but they also go great together. very fruity throughout and did not got particularly harsh. one of my favorites. 9.5/10

Nakhla Sweet Melon + Al Fakher Mango = Melango
very fruity, as expected. tended to burn quicker than the other two mixes, but it was still a great taste and all my friends loved it. sweet melon appears to be more prominent than mango throughout for some reason. still, very good. 8.5/10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Ingredients :
40% Romman Ivory Coast
40% Romman Double Apple
20% Fantasia Guava

Setup : mix the Ivory Coast and the Double apple at the bottom of the bowl then sprinkle the guava over the top

Flavor : very intense fruity flavor! Ladies seem to love this mix when I make it, just a tad too sweet for me but not so much that I stopped making it.

Buzz : minimal buzz ireful.gif

Duration : about 1.5 hours with a 30gm egyptian clay bowl.

Smoke : thick smoke, tremendous flavor

Overall : Great party smoke, a whole lot of flavor!

• 3 weeks later...
Starbuzz Peaches And Cream and Guava

Setup: Mini Mya Acrylic. Reynolds Heavy Duty Foil, Three Kings easy lite charcoal.

Bascially did half and half, Wasn't as good as I expected it to be. I just had to do something to get rid of all this peaches n cream I have so I tryed mixing it, It wasnt that bad. Big buzz. The peaches n cream basically took over the guava tho I guess it's just thicker or stronger. But overall it wasn't that bad but i'm sure there are better mixes.

• 4 weeks later...
CHOCOCARDMOMINT

A nakhla mix of 60% cardomom and 40% choacomint

Flavor-Amazing combo ,the flavors compliment each other perfectly.The chocolate is brout out by the cardomom and the mint balances out with the others flavors and provides the finish.Amazing spiced mint flavor that seems weird at first but I just can't stop smoking it.Plus know that this will ghost in a hose like nothing you ever whitnessed before.Just smoke two apples the next two bowls as it seems to taste awsome with the ghost of chococardmomint. Edited by twoapplesplease

• 3 weeks later...