Am I wrong for being upset about this?

I wanted to get the opinion of the masses on a situation that just happened to me. So feel free to share your thoughts, in a respectful manner.

So I placed an order yesterday with a reputable vendor which I will not name.I have never ordered from this vendor before. The vendor is on the west coast, and I placed the order at 2:30 pm their time. I received a confirmation of my order immediately and a shipping tracking number a few hours later. I assumed the package would ship yesterday or at least today. Well after looking over some of the fine print in the invoice I came across a disclaimer that reads:

"For any orders placed after 2pm PST on Thursday until Sunday, they will not be picked up by USPS until Monday. If you receive a shipping confirmation between Friday and Sunday, please be aware that your package has been packed but may not have left our warehouse. Thank you for your understanding."

I am pretty upset about this because my order will not ship out until Monday, a full 4 days after I ordered it. Add to that the ship time from California to Savannah, GA (literally coast to coast) I will not receive my package until about 10-11 days after I ordered it. Now do a lot of online shopping and I have never run across a shipping policy such as this one. I mean I have ordered from guys who literally work out of their garage, and usually it takes about 24hrs to ship a package, not 4 days.

I guess what I am most upset about is I was not warned about this BEFORE placing my order. If this disclaimer were clearly visible somewhere at time of check out, I may have been able to make a call as to maybe pay a bit more for express shipping, or cancel the order all together.

I feel like contacting their customer service and saying "Since you didn't advise me of this prior to my placing this order, and my order has not left your warehouse yet, go ahead and cancel my order and refund me my money." 

You guys tell me.. What would you do? Am I just blowing this thing out of proportion?

I don't know what their deal with USPS is, maybe they have them pick up packages at their warehouse mon-thu morning cause that's when they ship most of their stuff out or something. At least that's how it seems to be worded. And the whole may not have been shipped bit implies that if there's enough crap to ship out to make it worth shipping they would. So really, you could still get your stuff shipped out. Use the tracking number to find out though.

As for their small print bullshit, it's kinda crappy of them, but 11 days isn't unreasonable to me, however that's just how shit is in Slovenia, orders take fucking ages :P

damn,that's a bummer. I know it can be difficult to cancel orders though. You could try contacting them but most times i had to stop payment through credit company. IMO i say just bite the bullet and wait it out (maybe buy a little tub to hold you over until your order arrives. IF you cancel it takes few days to get refund back and then to order from another store (which may not have what you wanted to order) then they usually ship same day or next day. So which probably means monday anyways. Sorry man.

Live and learn is my policy on stuff like this. It sucks, and it's a bummer that you won't get your stuff for quite some time, but in the future you'll at least be aware of the policy...or you'll choose another vendor. *shrug*

Many vendors do this (not necessarily hookah-related)... What they did was they went ahead and created the shipping label so you could already have the tracking number. Sucks, but since you placed the order on a Friday, and later on in the day, it makes sense that USPS would have already been by to pick up any outgoing packages.

Many vendors do this (not necessarily hookah-related)... What they did was they went ahead and created the shipping label so you could already have the tracking number. Sucks, but since you placed the order on a Friday, and later on in the day, it makes sense that USPS would have already been by to pick up any outgoing packages.

​I agree with you completely, The reason I am upset is because I actually placed the order 2pm THURSDAY... Again I completely understand that does not give much time to box and ship out on Thurs. but surely they could have shipped it out Fri. Also not being notified of this prior to placing my order was the biggest complaint.. You live and learn.

• 3 weeks later...