My Name Is John... And I'm A Shisha Smoker...

So after a long hiatus I've decided it's time to buy a pipe.
Sure I have a mya that's been laying around, collecting dust. I just don't want to smoke out of it.
So I went online, placed an order with HC and I should be getting my stuff soon. I decided to get a KM "phaeraon-eieio" or some such title.
Hell, looked like a trimetal to me, whatever.
So along with this order I decided to grab this Hooka Home.
It's a wooden contraption that says all this bla bla about knocking coals on the floor. That's never been a problem for me because I tend to pay attention and command respect.
Not really, but anyway, I thought it looked pretty. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with it?

hello and welcome back! :) hope you will like your km. about that hookah home! i have heard reviews that say they come apart. a banned vendor even has them slashed at less than half the price because of it, and they put this description on the product..."Unfortunately the latest batch of the American Made Hookah Homes have a high failure rate. The bases break at times, and the top ring will not always fit at the highest level. The engineer and manufacturer will not take responsibility to fix these issues. Nor will they pay back the money they accepted for faulty products. I am left with an inventory that I can either take a loss on, or, disclose to you that there is a better than 50% fail rate on this product, and sell it to you at 60% off, so that I can make my costs back" now i remember they added this a few months ago when i came across the hookah home, so i dont know if they have fixed this problem since then or if this was just a isolated bad batch...but it looks like a neat idea. hope you could do a review on it :)

Edited by kaoz187

The Hookah Homes decreased in quality surprisingly when production shifted from overseas to the USA. However I do not think H-S or HC has any of the "new" stock in. But, their customer service is still best in the hookah industry... they will take care of you if you get a USA-made Hookah Home that falls apart. 

I have a couple of hookah homes... long story... i can hook you up. They are old stock. one used (missing one peg for retaining ring), one brand new.

• 2 weeks later...
So when the hookah home arrived it didn't fit my km vase, the hole was pretty far off.
I wasn't exactly sure how it went and even though I followed the destructions I managed to break it twice at the base just south of where the vertical planks "fit"
Luckily being made of wood it was an easy fix.
I finally got around to grinding out the center holes to get it to fit.
I like the way it looks on the pipe, having it in there really makes it feel nice, glass metal, wood...
It's a great idea and it looks good, but it's overpriced and not made well.
I'd love to say I got why I paid for but sadly it's not the case as it rarely is with new products in our hobby.
Would I recommend it? Yes but I'd definitely give the purchaser a heads up if trying to fit it onto a very large vase.