Michaellcp Is Banned...

As I said before, the mods have never brandished their authority recklessly, and I assumed they hadn't in this instance either. Now seeing the proof Mush was forced to put up due to people [b]sticking up for[/b] for Mike, in my opinion, the mods did the right thing. Trust the mods, they haven't failed us yet. Edited by r1v3th3ad
at request of poster
  • Upvote 2

anyone who feels they are important on the internet should stop and re-evaluate their life's direction. if you break the rules you will get banned, whether you have 10 posts or 1000 posts or you live on this forum, i dont care how many people are gargling your balls, if you break the rules you will get banned. and if you act like a 5 year old when you get banned, you wont ever be coming back. its a very simple set of guidelines here, i dont see why we have issues.
  • Upvote 3

Here is the "off the wall" email. I thought it was quite respectful actually.

[quote]Adam,

I understand that you are upset, I understand that you are tired of the bullshit. Honestly so am I. I'm sick of the drama. You really think I care that I couldn't join his little club. You know Adam, I was personally invited to join. I declined after hearing my friend was not invited. Since then, I have emailed Mark and I THOUGHT we discussed it like adults and resolved the issues. (I have copies of the emails that I can forward you, though I doubt you care) Yes I did call Chris a snitch. Because I thought he was. Since then I learned it was Kat. So I talked to Chris about it. Plus that isn't even close to the reason you banned me.

The only interaction with Mark I have had in the last week, is when I said to him last night something like, "If you are in our TC then contribute to the conversation." If that is harassment, well then fuck me, I guess I harassed Mark. You know what. I honestly don't care anymore. I'm sick of fucking tip toeing around the forum because of A VENDOR that has been on the forum for A MONTH that makes his own forum and uses HOOKAHFORUM to invite members, which I'm pretty sure is against the rules anyways. Mind you a vendor that singles out members because he somehow has "issues" with people, and instead of working them out with the members, runs to you.

If you are tired of dealing with it, cool, tell the people that are complaining to you to be ADULTS and bring it up to the person they have issues with. I think its ridiculous that people are running around "telling on each other". How old are we? 5? Honestly. If you want to have further discussion about it, I am more than willing. If you are done, cool.

Have a nice day...

Regards,

Mike[/quote]

Mods got that one pretty quick. Here Is the email once again. Doesn't seem off the wall to me.

Adam,

I understand that you are upset, I understand that you are tired of the bullshit. Honestly so am I. I'm sick of the drama. You really think I care that I couldn't join his little club. You know Adam, I was personally invited to join. I declined after hearing my friend was not invited. Since then, I have emailed Mark and I THOUGHT we discussed it like adults and resolved the issues. (I have copies of the emails that I can forward you, though I doubt you care) Yes I did call Chris a snitch. Because I thought he was. Since then I learned it was Kat. So I talked to Chris about it. Plus that isn't even close to the reason you banned me. 

The only interaction with Mark I have had in the last week, is when I said to him last night something like, "If you are in our TC then contribute to the conversation." If that is harassment, well then fuck me, I guess I harassed Mark. You know what. I honestly don't care anymore. I'm sick of fucking tip toeing around the forum because of A VENDOR that has been on the forum for A MONTH that makes his own forum and uses HOOKAHFORUM to invite members, which I'm pretty sure is against the rules anyways. Mind you a vendor that singles out members because he somehow has "issues" with people, and instead of working them out with the members, runs to you. 

If you are tired of dealing with it, cool, tell the people that are complaining to you to be ADULTS and bring it up to the person they have issues with. I think its ridiculous that people are running around "telling on each other". How old are we? 5? Honestly. If you want to have further discussion about it, I am more than willing. If you are done, cool. 

Have a nice day...

Regards,

Mike

[quote name='littlec' timestamp='1331067716' post='541550']
[url="http://ipadresa.net/whois/24.6.63.33"]http://ipadresa.net/whois/24.6.63.33[/url]

BOGEY ALERT

Ready the Ion Cannons!
[/quote]
why are we DDos the russians?

Adam,

Have a nice day...

Regards,

Mike

Adam,

Have a nice day...

Regards,

Mike

Just a question ? Why is the email being taken down. I understand that there are reasons for privacy sometimes , but when Mush says
[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1331039605' post='541512']
didn't even post the off the wall email i got.
[/quote]
Then someone post a copy of a alleged email from Mike to Adam that contradictory to the above makes me just curious .
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='ezxen' timestamp='1331071928' post='541566']
Just a question ? Why is the email being taken down. I understand that there are reasons for privacy sometimes , but when Mush says
[/quote]
Then someone post a copy of a alleged email from Mike to Adam that contradictory to the above makes me just curious .
[/quote]

I'm not a mod or administration but I'd say....

1) Anybody can type or cut and past anything and pretend it's something else to perpetuate drama, and
2) We have ALWAYS had those kinds of things removed when someone is talking for someone else who's been banned. Standard procedure.

'Rani

[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1331072128' post='541567']
[quote name='ezxen' timestamp='1331071928' post='541566']
[/quote]
[/quote]

I'm not a mod or administration but I'd say....

1) Anybody can type or cut and past anything and pretend it's something else to perpetuate drama, and
2) We have ALWAYS had those kinds of things removed when someone is talking for someone else who's been banned. Standard procedure.

'Rani
[/quote]
True i was just Curious about it why not address it as false if it is such, did not seem of the wall to me. I like mike i do ,but im not defending him in this because i dont know what exactly happened outside of a small paragraph when we talked through youtube. I barley have any facts to go on right now so just trying to get the full picture of what happened from where i can. If mikes was unjustly banned ill be mad and he should be allowed to come back ,but if not life will go on . If he was justly banned sucks for him i'll miss him here.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1331075576' post='541575']
I would like to see a little more transparency when it is a pretty active member being banned.
[/quote]

I would agree if this were my "house", or yours, etc. But it isn't. We don't own any part of the forum. We are guests here. We come here for our own amusement and to mingle with those who have the same hobby, but honestly, I don't feel that they have any need to be explaining anything. I've seen members be banned, and members walk away themselves and it seems like the more it's "explained" the more it's likely to escalate into trouble on another forum. Nothing against Michael or anyone else who's been banned, but there's just no reason to do the "he said/she said" thing. If my best friend were banned from here, they'd still be my best friend. The forum just wouldn't be something we had in common anymore. There'd be plenty of other things.

'Rani

[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1331077110' post='541576']
I would like to see a little more transparency when it is a pretty active member being banned.
[/quote]

I would agree if this were my "house", or yours, etc. But it isn't. We don't own any part of the forum. We are guests here. We come here for our own amusement and to mingle with those who have the same hobby, but honestly, I don't feel that they have any need to be explaining anything. I've seen members be banned, and members walk away themselves and it seems like the more it's "explained" the more it's likely to escalate into trouble on another forum. Nothing against Michael or anyone else who's been banned, but there's just no reason to do the "he said/she said" thing. If my best friend were banned from here, they'd still be my best friend. The forum just wouldn't be something we had in common anymore. There'd be plenty of other things.

'Rani
[/quote]

The point is, we are part of an open forum that is designed for open communication. I think we are (mostly) all adults and we can make up our minds ourselves based on what is presented. I agree it is not my place to make the decision but I do not think there is anything wrong in stating my opinion.
  • Upvote 1

[/quote]

I would agree if this were my "house", or yours, etc. But it isn't.
[/quote]

I don't completely agree or disagree but I would like to point out that without the users, especially the more contributing ones this site would just be an empty folder on someones sever. Edited by littlec

ok. the letter looks like what he sent me. It is off the wall because it blames everyone but him for his situation.

He wasn't banned because a vendor had it out for him, he was banned because he was airing out his problem with the vendor in TC and on the forum. I dont care if a person, vendor or not, has been here 3 days, you go out of your way to give them shit and I will ban you. Period.

Yes, Mark started a private, invitation only forum. He talked to me about it i said its not against our rules. He said he would remain active here, which he has, he said he wouldn't use the forum to invite people to his forum, and as far as i know he hasn't. His little private club effects HF in no way, shape, or form. Hell, I'M a member over there as well as the member of at least 2 other hookah forums.

Mike has an issue with Mark over something that happened in the other forum. Yet he felt the need to bring it here. He was warned, he ignored the warnings, now he's gone.

This is the way this forum operates. Be nice or be gone.
Does this help?

And now we have lost another member for ignoring rules #3, being warned, then spamming said letter 3 times in this thread. Would anyone like to make it 3??

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1331078151' post='541580']
ok. the letter looks like what he sent me. It is off the wall because it blames everyone but him for his situation.

He wasn't banned because a vendor had it out for him, he was banned because he was airing out his problem with the vendor in TC and on the forum. I dont care if a person, vendor or not, has been here 3 days, you go out of your way to give them shit and I will ban you. Period.

Yes, Mark started a private, invitation only forum. He talked to me about it i said its not against our rules. He said he would remain active here, which he has, he said he wouldn't use the forum to invite people to his forum, and as far as i know he hasn't. His little private club effects HF in no way, shape, or form. Hell, I'M a member over there as well as the member of at least 2 other hookah forums.

Mike has an issue with Mark over something that happened in the other forum. Yet he felt the need to bring it here. He was warned, he ignored the warnings, now he's gone.

This is the way this forum operates. Be nice or be gone.
Does this help?

And now we have lost another member for ignoring rules #3, being warned, then spamming said letter 3 times in this thread. Would anyone like to make it 3??
[/quote]
See this is what we wanted just a little explanation . Mike was unfortinatly banned after warning about behavior and he brought issues with someone from somewhere else here and as a result he is now gone . Thanks for enlightening us mush.

[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1331077713' post='541578']
[/quote]

'Rani
[/quote]

The point is, we are part of an open forum that is designed for open communication. I think we are (mostly) all adults and we can make up our minds ourselves based on what is presented. I agree it is not my place to make the decision but I do not think there is anything wrong in stating my opinion.
[/quote]

I just want to say that I don't think there's anything at all wrong with you stating your opinion. It's always a little sad when we lose a member whether they deserve to be booted out or retired quietly because life got busy. I'm just not sure exposing every detail is the right thing to do because it will always color how you feel about the member or the mod, etc. And often it ends up exploding elsewhere on "another" forum and then filtering back here. But your opinion is absolutely valid, and in other circumstances I'd probably even agree. When it comes to this circumstance, my opinion and it's only mine, is that it's better left to fade away without all the gory details. But just out of curiosity, why wouldn't anyone who wanted to know details go directly to the source? Wouldn't that be better than open threads? It's like the difference between a marriage ending privately and one spread across the tabloids.

'Rani

well, if thats the way things worked Rani it would be great. But if somethign wasn't posted in this case, i felt it would make the question of where mike went an even bigger issue.

Ezxen: no problem.

Although I'm new, the moderators seem to be doing a fine job here. I've been on many other forums, many of which I've had over 3,000 posts. Moderators would always play favorites, and would ban users for personal gain. On some of those forums I have been offered moderator positions, but I've always denied. Didn't like the corruption, so I didn't want anything to do with it.
  • Upvote 2

Because this is an open discussion, I will throw my 2 cents in as respectfulness as possible. I do trust the moderation and administration of HF. While its easy for us as the public to weigh in, as I am about to do myself, I find the thought of a public vote on matters as some have possibly implied to be pretty scary. Regardless of if some people realize it, there has seemed to be a pretty noticeable elitist factor going around here lately..

While I had things get a little hot at one point with Mike, he seemed to not realize he had offended me, and I did feel his public apologize to me was sincere, and the incident was not his intention. And seeing the the other member potentially involved in the straw that broke the back, I highly, highly doubt that this was a one sided issue. I think everything comes back around for everyone, good bad or anything in between. Everyone can take that as they will.

I will say I wish the very best for Mike, wherever he ends up!
  • Upvote 1