What Is The Point Of The Ban Threads?

[quote name='mitchard' timestamp='1311911586' post='517574']
Congratulations on ruining my thread, assholes. I'd like to publicly announce that I hate both of you.
:fuckyou:
[/quote]

Alas, see we got this rule #1.

When I visit other places and make "suggestions" it's usually about things like guys showing their bits on TC. I often take all sorts of insults because I admin this place. I am always unfailingly polite and make sure I keep the Moral high ground. You have failed to do this and have thus negated any point you may have had, valid or otherwise.

See you in a week.

[quote name='Dereksd' timestamp='1311908752' post='517555']
[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1311905989' post='517547']
[quote name='Dereksd' timestamp='1311876871' post='517497']
im on the same page as mitch

it doesnt really show me that the staff here is serious as much as they are separate here and [i][b][color="#FF0000"]not really our peers but more so the cyberpolice.[/color][/b][/i] The threads [b][i][color="#FF0000"]arent really informative[/color][/i][/b] they are just " hey look what i can do" really. I dont remember this always being what happened when someone was banned when i first joined but i also dont come here often.

Honestly all the threads are is the mod who posted it getting his ego stroked by members for how funny the memes and silly phrases they use to ban the person are.

Trust me this isnt about method NO ONE LIKES METHOD. This is just pretty childish.

[b][i][color="#FF0000"]Oh yea and mush cool you get your rocks off with these threads and other places keep somethings hidden. Different strokes for different folks. You seem to be hung up on this for some reason lately.[/color][/i][/b]
[/quote]

1. I don't even think you are active enough over here to make this judgement. Enough said.
2. The threads inform our new members on what not to do. It also lets them know that we enforce rules. Unlike other forums.
3. We don't give our rule breaking members a place to jerk off with each other. We ban them.

And about Mush. He runs the forums well. If you don't like it, you reserve the right to go ahead and leave. No one is forcing you to post here.
[/quote]

haha first off i dont care what my post count is ive been here years longer than you kid so dont get internet strong on me. Plus the thing about some other forum having a top secret area....man you guys seem to really have your panties in a twist over something that doesnt exist. This also coming from a new member to a certain other forum.
[/quote]

Um, Derek, if YOU don't know about it, and I have it right from the owner of said forum, who do you think knows more eh? There even used to be a thread about it, before it was removed. I guess they haven't told you about their little club. :) Either way, we won't be seeing you around here no more so you won't have to worry about reading us being mean to people who refuse to follow our rules.

I believe this issue is ONCE AGAIN (we go through this once a year or so) solved. I am going to close this thread. Not soemthing I do often mind you, but since neither Michard nor Derek can reply at this point i will not allow this to become a bashfest.

why the fuck does it matter to you how we handle people who are banned? its not you, and it has no effect on you. and everyone knows how it works around here, so anyone other than a straight first day noob posting about how they think "things should be handled differently" knows they are going to start some drama. this whole thread smells of fish and bad life choices.

Wow, I go out of town for work and you guys stir up a shit storm.

I agree with Dave's long post.
Its lovely how sometimes people just chime in to stir the pot, mainly Derek, I've noticed that with him over the years.

As for ego-trip and what not... I feel like I am just another member, who loves this community, but also likes to help out. I don't expect people to think any different of me because I am a mod...I expect people to treat me like the member I was before I was made mod and they generally do. I consider this place family.

And ban threads, they've always been there...I even got one before(I'm sure you can dig it up) for a NHT picture in the count to a million thread for a certain number. the ban thread alerted me to why I was suspended and made me think about what I did. Was I embarrassed, yes, am I glad there was a thread there that told me what happened and my peers' opinions, yes.
Somethings work for some places and some don't. This has worked here, why fix something that ain't broken?

Ok, I must add one more thing to this discussion. The reason I'm adding it is to prove a point. The point is that this was a Troll thread by 2 people who are also members of RHF. One is an Admin even. This thread shows that not only does Michard's forum put ban messages in their main discussion area, but he and derek have no problem voicing their opinions in them. I believe Derek even uses this thread to call the offended an "underage fuck."

http://www.royalhookah forum.com/showthread.php/4618-Maxxboy33-see-you-August-18-2011/page2?highlight=mushrat

You will have to cut and past this address and remove the space between hookah and forum. If you don't feel like becoming a member just to see the thread don't bother, you get the idea.

It appears that RHF, some of it's members, and the Admin and mod group all see no problem with allowing John's forum to be used as a platform for personal attacks on the members of hf. Something we do not allow.

[attachment=5567:rhf mushrat j-0.jpg]

Please understand I like John and i think his sales site is great. But the Forum he has it attached to is another issue.