Quotes To Live By....

Stuie

"It ain't about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can *get* hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" ~ Rocky Balboa

"Don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff." ---- Unknown

On a serious note:

"Emancipate yourselves from slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds." - Bob Marley

Well it turns out the quote I'm going to use is, "Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch," which is from the movie "Remember Me." I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be using that one, but oh well.

[quote name='brigita' date='15 April 2010 - 04:25 PM' timestamp='1271373943' post='463822']
Well it turns out the quote I'm going to use is, "Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch," which is from the movie "Remember Me." I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be using that one, but oh well.
[/quote]

ah thats cute.[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/post-5619-1201289386.gif[/img]

[quote name='joytron' date='15 April 2010 - 06:32 PM' timestamp='1271374326' post='463823']
[quote name='brigita' date='15 April 2010 - 04:25 PM' timestamp='1271373943' post='463822']
[/quote]

ah thats cute.[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/post-5619-1201289386.gif[/img]

[/quote]

GYM CLASS FTW

[quote name='Travis' date='15 April 2010 - 08:08 PM' timestamp='1271376509' post='463826']
[quote name='joytron' date='15 April 2010 - 06:32 PM' timestamp='1271374326' post='463823']
[/quote]

[/quote]

GYM CLASS FTW
[/quote]

I will miss gym class.

These are some interesting Love quotes i found awhile back, just thought you might like to see them ^^

"[color="#0000ff"][b]Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies[/b][/color]" - Aristotle

"[color="#0000ff"][b]In Dreams and in Love, There are no impossibilities[/b][/color]" - Janos Arnay

"[color="#0000ff"][b]Love Distills desire upon the eyes, Love brings bewitching grace into the heart[/b][/color]" - Euripides

"[color="#0000ff"][b]There is only one happiness in life, To Love and to Be loved[/b][/color]" - George Sand

Oh boy what a thread. These are mostly just odd quotes I have in my head at the moment, but they sum up my skewed view on life.

[b][i]Insanity Is The Fuel For The Mind --Unknown

I cant do this sober. --Steve Cerny

Why is it that when we talk to God were said to be praying, but when God talks to us were schizophrenic? -- Lily Tomlin

Everyone is ignorant, only on different subjects. --Will Rogers

Even if you are on the right track, youll still get run over if you just sit there.--Will Rogers

Whining is anger through a small opening.--Unknown

Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes. --Ralph Waldo Emerson

I hate to advocate alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but theyve always worked for me. --Hunter S. Thompson

Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong. --Oscar Wilde

No matter where you go, there you are. --Buckaroo Bonzai

Kiss my hairy yellow butt!!! --Homer Simpson

The important thing is not to stop questioning. --Albert Einstein

[/i][/b]There's about a million more I could post but I'll spare you. Edited by delSol_si

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."

"I believe time wounds all heels."

and a great quote from a great movie "this guy's like Ghandi, but better; he likes puppets."

"Take a good long look at your life and your situation. Now remember that it could always be worse" - an original of mine. Lived by it for several years now and it's pulled me through some hard times. See the glass half full sorta thing.

[font=Arial][size=2]"Booze, broads, and bullshit. If you got all that, what else do you need?"

"I figure I had no business being here this long anyway, so what do you care how old I am? I've been on borrowed time for years. You know my old saying: live it up, the meter's running. I've always said that if you don't have fun while you're here, then it's your fault. You only get to do this once."

The great Harry Carey[/size][/font]

[quote name='Charley' date='26 April 2010 - 08:15 PM' timestamp='1272327346' post='465605']
I dont remember where this one came from but i always liked it even if its not true.

"pizza is like sex even when its bad its still pretty good."
[/quote]

i always heard, "pizza is alot like sex, when its good its good, and when its bad, its messy and all over you!"

• 5 months later...
[quote name='Charley' timestamp='1272327346' post='465605']
I dont remember where this one came from but i always liked it even if its not true.

"pizza is like sex even when its bad its still pretty good."
[/quote]

[img]http://www.amazingsuperpowers.com/comics/2010-09-06-Bad-Pizza-1-of-2.png[/img]
[img]http://www.amazingsuperpowers.com/comics/2010-09-09-Bad-Pizza-2-of-2.png[/img]

Freedom of choice is what you've got. Freedom from choice is what you want.
-- Devo

Si vis pacem parabellum. (If you want peace, prepare for war.)
-- Publius Flavius Vedetius Renatus

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
-- Hanlon's Razor

Don't rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world stood up and stopped the bastard; the bitch that bore him is in heat again.
-- Bertolt Brecht

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

[b]"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win"
[/b]- Sun Tsu

Some of my favorites:

"Reality is plural"

"The religious idea of God cannot do full duty for the metaphysical infinity."
-Alan Watts

..."The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance."
-Alan Watts

"Your world is all these elements. Of light and sound, of taste, smell, and touch, woven together in many dimensions on the fabulous loom of your brain. Your brain; the most complicated thing in the world, which you yourself grew...without even thinking about it."
--Alan Watts

"Enjoyment is an art and a skill for which we have little talent or energy... your entire education has has deprived you of this capacity because it was preparing you for the future, instead of showing you how to be alive now." --Alan Watts

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
--Benjamin Franklin

"Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible"
--Escher

"The man who wants too much risks losing absolutely everything. Then again, the man who wants too little from life, might not get anything at all."

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."

"I feel like a lizard deep in the Saharan desert, mercilessly scorched by the mid-day sun but anytime it begins to overwhelm me I simply smile and surrender more deeply to it."

"It is remarkable how similar the pattern of love is to the pattern of insanity"

"Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you"

-"I'm not interested in age. People who tell me their age are silly. You're as old as you feel." Henri Frederic Amiel

-"It is sad to grow old but nice to ripen." Brigitte Bardot

-"Life is a moderately good play with a badly written third act." Truman Capote
-"From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity." Edvard Munch

-"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real." Tupac Shakur

-"Life must be understood backwards; but... it must be lived forward." Soren Kierkegaard

-"Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe." Voltaire

-"Forgiveness is the answer to the child's dream of a miracle by which what is broken is made whole again, what is soiled is made clean again." Dag Hammarskjold

-"Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits." Thomas A. Edison

-"All war is deception." Sun Tzu

Quotes I've loved for many years.

[quote name='Miss Crafted' timestamp='1287332725' post='485324']
-"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real." Tupac Shakur

[/quote]

Love that.

"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer

"In heaven, all the interesting people are missing." -Nietzche

"There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing." -Oscar Wilde

"I think there's a problem that exists to this day... that art and fun are not supposed to be together. And I think when you're having too much fun and you aren't suffering enough, a lot of people think you aren't a serious artist." - Kenny Scharf.

"Surrender yourself humbly; then you can be trusted to care for all things,
Love all creation as yourself; then you can truly take care of all things.
Lao Tze

Whatever you have in your mind - forget it;

Whatever you have in your hand - give it;
Whatever is to be your fate - face it!

Abu Sa'id