Stop The Insane Tobacco Tax!

[quote name='ryno' date='26 January 2010 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1264542279' post='447842']
Good to see people signing this! Think we can have it on the main page along with Mushrat's shaving his head bit?
[/quote]

Pinned for the time being.

[quote name='delSol_si' date='26 January 2010 - 04:04 PM' timestamp='1264550687' post='447873']
[quote name='ryno' date='26 January 2010 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1264542279' post='447842']
Good to see people signing this! Think we can have it on the main page along with Mushrat's shaving his head bit?
[/quote]

Pinned for the time being.
[/quote]

Sweet. More exposure means more signatures.

Mush, just for the time being!

Signed.

I posted the link to my facebook page with a brief explanation too. You guys should do the same, it provides a link to do such on the petition site.

Just got this email.

January 26, 2010

Mr. Andrew Brandon Konja

Novi, MI 48377

Thank you . . .

. . . for contacting me about the tobacco tax. I understand your concerns.

In February, the President signed a bill into law (P.L.111-3) that increases the excise tax on several tobacco products to pay for children's health insurance. This program will provide coverage to up to 10 million American children. Should further legislation related to tobacco products come before me in the Senate, I will be sure to keep your views in mind.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to do so again whenever I can be of assistance to you or your family.

Sincerely,

Debbie Stabenow

United States Senator

DS:TS

[center]U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow
The United States Senate • Washington, DC 20510

[/center]

Signed. I was something like the 182 from california.

I cant see how a 7% to 700% increase even seem plausible. Thats insane!

I signed as soon as I heard. And I will keep emailing them and emailing. Hell...I should send some letters out too.

Two questions though. Why isn't this thread pinned anymore? And why isn't there more response to this thread?

I mean come on people! :( I don't wanna pay a fortune for hookah! No one does I'm sure...some can't even afford it as it is! Jobs and small business will be hurt...send out some letters! If we don't stop them now we will be paying for it later!

And that makes me a sad panda...:(
  • Upvote 2

[b][u]ALL PLEASE, TRY TO KEEP UP[/u][/b]

Hey guys - this looks serious. Read through and forward. We're setting up laptops at every lounge we own and get people to fill it out the online signing. Even
give them a discount on hookah if they pay to have it mailed. I'll also be posting on the form a list of people who are against raising taxes in Washington that are members of the House of Congress, and we will have another letter that we personally ad our thought on
things and send copies to each of them. [size="3"]IF YOU ARE A BUSINESS OWNER YOU SHOULD DO THIS!![/size]

As far as the letter for us all to individualy send I have a hudge list so far of the memebers. The letter will detail what the bill is and a spot to add our personal thoughts.

I will provide all you with the names of the right people to send the letters to as well as the address were they need to be sent to.
We have to make a point accross how this will affect everyone, Business owners and customers. The client base on hookah is so diversified, example of few of many are
the solders that fall in love with Shisha smoke when they are fighting in war and come home and instead of going out drinking and doing other things, they able to
have some were close to go smoke hookah Vs getting in trouble. We have customers that are not of age to go to big club's or maybe dont want to go to clubs.
We put new jobs out there for young people to have a part time job.

Comments like this will make the members of the House think it is a liability if they do this tax raise. WE have to do somthing about this.
[size="3"]HOOKAH BARS ARE SMALL BUSINESS AS WELL, WE SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN THE PLAN TO SUCCESS OBAMA HAS FOR EVERYONE!!!

[/size]

[quote name='SloppyJoe' date='28 January 2010 - 05:24 PM' timestamp='1264721065' post='448204']
I signed as soon as I heard. And I will keep emailing them and emailing. Hell...I should send some letters out too.

Two questions though. Why isn't this thread pinned anymore? And why isn't there more response to this thread?

I mean come on people! :( I don't wanna pay a fortune for hookah! No one does I'm sure...some can't even afford it as it is! Jobs and small business will be hurt...send out some letters! If we don't stop them now we will be paying for it later!

And that makes me a sad panda...:(
[/quote]

umm...it is still pinned....