Nakhla Og Tutorial

Here is a tutorial for the OG nakhla as people have asked for it.

It is hard to tell from the pictures but it is packed tighter than mizo.

The mizo I pack 25g in my mini phunnel

The OG I pack 30g.

Basically for OG, I use a fork, and just scoop up the tobacco and drop it into the bowl. It is pretty much the same as mizo except for mizo I use my hands because it is juicer so i get a better feel for the amount when using my hands.

Keep dumping shisha all the way around the bowl

don't press it down at all and it will look like this

Use the fork to press it down, but face the fork down ward so you can only press it down so far.

It will now look like this

Holes all the way down to the bottom of the bowl with a toothpick

4 half pieces of cocos

and a quick hit right when it was getting started before the battery died on the camera. Note: especially with og, it takes a little while to heat up so the clouds will get much bigger than this after 5-10 min

And that is all ...

Happy smoking HF! _sheesha2__by_Majunka_aurore.gif

not sure how much heat they give off. I have been told the QL's give off more heat, so harshness may be caused my too much coal. Are you getting big clouds and harshness? I can't remember what your issue was.

edit: found your post, you said thin smoke, so you either aren't packing it tight enough, or you are packing it too tight. I am gonna go with not tight enough because if it was too tight you would get monster clouds, just weak flavor.

Very nice.My basic way of packing nakhla is to break it up and sprinkle it in the bowl and fill it to the rim and than keep adding tobbacco untill ruffly the same amount is mounded over the rim that is actually in the bowl.Then squish it down flush with foil.
This is with any size egyptian bowl.Also poke holes clear through to the bottom and now this here is the key. make one large hole in the middle and make sure to go through the middle hole in the bottom of the bowl than with the tooth pick or what ever you use you need to kind of reem it out a little so theres on large hole in the middle you can see through about as big in diameter as a bambo skewer.Wa-la this is what has worked best for me with nakhla with many years of practice.
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for the thread revival but thanks so much for this second tutorial! Your first one absolutely helped me out with my nakhla, and as tutorials go it couldn't have been simpler! So this next one for OG is just reassuring for any who were unsure about packing differences with og and mizo, very nice tutorial wink.gif

It is called mizo, actually packs a little bit of a stronger buzz than og, it was made to compete with AF and the like. More juice, slightly more candy flavor but still is faithful to their natural tasting shisha, just slightly more artificial like AF/Starbuzz/etc.

Your Nak is a whole lot juicier than mine. I got the Earl Gray. It's completely dry! Maybe I should put a little glycerine in it. Just a couple drops. Last time I used glycerine, though, it took away from the flavor too much. Though I hardly think this Earl Gray will become less strong. It's strong stuff!

Yes, you are the man. I can't wait to try this with my other two Nak flavs: mizo guava and strawberry. The chocomint was AMAZING. Best smoke I've had so far. Been smoking Al Fakher before Nakhla... man, what have I been missing?!

heh, make sure you pack the mizo a lil lighter. If you packed the og just like this tutorial it is a bit tighter than the mizo, be sure to check out the mizo tutorial I made for mizo. The pics in the tutorial make it look like its packed down more than it really is, for mizo just pick up the shisha the way it sits in the tub, drop it in the bowl, push the tobacco left and right to even it all out, not SO much up and down, you wanna kinda leave it the same density as it is in the tub, then foil, big holes, and smoke away! Or you can pack it down a bit like i do in the tutorial but make sure when its packed down (gently) there is a bit of room between the top of the bowl and the shisha, that way when the shisha heats up it expands and has good airflow to get at all those yummy juices in the mizo!

Goodluck.

• 3 weeks later...
Alright, I did this last night. Two thumbs up for Nakhla, me and my buddy got pretty jacked up. Talk about a big step up from Starbuzz! Woo!

In any case, I packed it as per your suggestions Mattarios, and I had two problems. First, the clouds were good but not great. I think I may have not packed it tight enough. It looked like your picture - except I have a small phunnel - and I probably used 30g in doing so. I may not have packed it tight enough.

The CH coals (I split two coals into halves and used them) lasted for a good 45 minutes, but I lit up another two on the stove and replaced the dead coals. About 15 minutes after this, I noticed that the shisha was actually burning in the bowl, I could see smoke coming out of the bowl and the smell was rather acrid. It was at this point the smoke became very harsh. I removed the coals for 5 or so minutes and the burning stopped, then I put them back on. Why was this happening?

Thanks!