Nakhla Mixes

For the last year or so Nakhla has been my #1 smoke. I find their flavors to give the biggest bang for the buck, as well as being the most consistent brand. Over the year I've had a lot of their flavors, and after narrowing it down to a handful of favorites my last order consisted of the following: DA (750g) Mandarin (750g) Sweet Melon (500g). I also ordered 250g of two flavors that I have yet to try; Strawberry and Mizo Grape.

First of all, as a digression, how's the strawberry? I smoked it like four years ago, and remember liking it, but back then I had only tried two flavors, so I didn't have the kind of benchmark I do now.

But back to the topic: As I'm typing this I've got both the DA and Strawberry acclimating. My plan was to smoke the Strawberry, and if it turned out not to be that good I'd go with the DA. But after a couple of minutes, when the the room started to smell like a synthesis of strawberry and aniseish apple it hit me as a really good scent. And I started thinking that they might be good mixed.

I've never mixed Nakhla with anything. Don't know why (I constantly mixed AF back when I smoked that), just never hit me. Pretty conservative about my Nakhla. Anyone experienced with that? Any mixes in particular that's good (preferable some containing the Nakhla I currently have at hand).

I've mixed strawberry with two apples many times and its awsome.
For the strawberry by it self,for the first 5-10 min I'm like man I don't think I like this at all kinda strong and weirdish tasting, but then about 12-15 min. into it it tastes really good like a sweet tart strawberry.Nice buzz on strawberry as well.
few tips on nakhla

Get two apples by the kilo can you won't be dissapointed
Get cans or jars when possible
try as many flavors of nakhla you can ,I've never had a 250g of nakhla that was so bad I could't finish it(there all good)

Wait tell you mix two apples with lemmon....Uuuggghhhh...drools on keyboard
Or fahkfahina fruits with classic mint....oohhh there really is a god
banana and coconut and tropicana......Tropical treat anyone?

I got lots of great nakhla mixers perfected

mmm those all are good and sound good.

i like cinnamon and peach a lot
mint and cinnamon
guava and peach
cappucino and fantasia pumpkin spice
strawberry and mint
og grape and mizo grape
cola and af vanilla
cappucino and cola

and the list could go on for quite some time ...

QUOTE (Balthazar @ Sep 11 2009, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But back to the topic: As I'm typing this I've got both the DA and Strawberry acclimating. My plan was to smoke the Strawberry, and if it turned out not to be that good I'd go with the DA. But after a couple of minutes, when the the room started to smell like a synthesis of strawberry and aniseish apple it hit me as a really good scent. And I started thinking that they might be good mixed.

I've never mixed Nakhla with anything. Don't know why (I constantly mixed AF back when I smoked that), just never hit me. Pretty conservative about my Nakhla. Anyone experienced with that? Any mixes in particular that's good (preferable some containing the Nakhla I currently have at hand).

Why do you need to acclimate Nakhla?

I mix Nakhla with AF all the time and have great results. Mixed Nakhla Sweet Melon with AF Melon tonight (because I didn't have enough of the Nak left for a full bowl) and it smoked great. My favorite blend is Nakhla Earl Grey and AF Rose.

QUOTE (kvtaco17 @ Sep 11 2009, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Arcane @ Sep 11 2009, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'm looking forward to trying some strawberry + jasmine and peach + rose when i get my nakhla order in.

Rose and Jasmine is a favorite mix of mine...

Gasp! I'd never have thought of that. I've got some Nakhla Jasmine coming next week! Can't wait to mix it with some rose now.

QUOTE (Genie @ Sep 11 2009, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (kvtaco17 @ Sep 11 2009, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Arcane @ Sep 11 2009, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'm looking forward to trying some strawberry + jasmine and peach + rose when i get my nakhla order in.

Rose and Jasmine is a favorite mix of mine...

Gasp! I'd never have thought of that. I've got some Nakhla Jasmine coming next week! Can't wait to mix it with some rose now.

Oh shit son, smoking that mix as we speak... and its amazing!

QUOTE (Genie @ Sep 12 2009, 05:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why do you need to acclimate Nakhla?

I acclimate Nakhla and I acclimate Tangiers. I know a lot of people claim that their Nakhla is the same without acclimating, but I also know that's not always the case for me. It varies a bit between the flavors, but some flavors definitely taste better after acclimating. Especially Double Apple (I find the taste richer and slightly less anise-dominated when I acclimate it).

But it's not quite as big a deal as it often is with Tangiers.

I'm bored, and recovering from last night so I'll pop some stuff in here. Normally I only acclimate the flavors that need it with Nakhla, which means the Sheherazade line, and other very strong flavors like sweet melon & peach.

I rarely mix my nakhla honestly, just never really seems necessary. I do, however, spritz it up a bit by adding just a hint of another flavor. For instance I ALWAYS smoke my sweet melon with a few grams of nakhla mint to the mix, tastes just like sweet melon still but the added mint somehow makes the flavor pop even more than usual, and adds a little cool to the inhale.

QUOTE (AKammenzind @ Sep 12 2009, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm bored, and recovering from last night so I'll pop some stuff in here. Normally I only acclimate the flavors that need it with Nakhla, which means the Sheherazade line, and other very strong flavors like sweet melon & peach.

I rarely mix my nakhla honestly, just never really seems necessary. I do, however, spritz it up a bit by adding just a hint of another flavor. For instance I ALWAYS smoke my sweet melon with a few grams of nakhla mint to the mix, tastes just like sweet melon still but the added mint somehow makes the flavor pop even more than usual, and adds a little cool to the inhale.

best mix EVAR
I love it when you mix that up

I'm def going to have to try some of these when I get some more Nakhla. So far, I love mizo peach and cinnamon. Melon and a hint of cinnamon, also melon and hint of mint are great. Mizo guava and a hint of cinnamon. Mandarin and cinnamon or mint is great. Although it wasn't completely Nak, it was great, but Earl Grey/layalina lemon/mizo mint. Edited by Jeff_T