• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And a knock on the door heralded the arrival of

SAMPLES!

Woo-Hoo! Gonna be a good Thanksgiving!

Thank you, thank you, thank you Eric!

I'm going to be devoting the weekend to them!

'Rani

QUOTE (shalowlow @ Nov 25 2009, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Soo.....watcha get?! You know we're all dying to know!

Apricot
Watermelon
Blackthorn
New Lemon Lime
New Lime
Green Tea w/ Honey
Bug Powder
Pomegranate
Blue Flower
Ginger Beer

And I've already had to rescue them from my cat twice because he's soooooo intrigued and attracted to the smell - even though they're not even unpackaged yet. That bodes very well for the results!

'Rani

QUOTE (foibled again @ Nov 25 2009, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, it's finally been outed. So much for keeping that one certain flavor a secret until release.

Before I listed them, I went carefully over the note included in mine. Nothing indicated secrecy, so yes, I listed what I received. However, the purpose of sampling on any product has always been to determine if the formula is right for mass distribution, so nobody count chickens before they hatch! What if we all unanimously hate one particular flavor? Knowing Eric's passion for perfection, he'd likely head right back to the drawing board on that one. So better hope we all love whichever one you're looking forward to!

'Rani

QUOTE (click @ Nov 25 2009, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
::releases breath::

It's been rough holding in these new flavors for like 3 months now.

YAY!

Funny..... None came as a surprise to me. I'd heard about each of them here and there, now and then in passing. So if any were a secret it was the worst kept secret in history. Though if I did let anything out of the bag, I do apologize. Guess it's kind of a moot point since I suspect reviews will be up first of next week. I know mine will. Ten samples, three bowls a day for the next three days and the final one plus revisited favorites on Sunday...... I think that would make for a perfect long weekend.

'Rani

When did you hear about pomegranate? That was the flavor that was not talked about anywhere here or at .us. Eric didn't really tell anybody about it until after it was finished. The formulas have been pretty much finalized already so I would imagine the samples are more for the reviews rather than input for development.

QUOTE (foibled again @ Nov 25 2009, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When did you hear about pomegranate? That was the flavor that was not talked about anywhere here or at .us. Eric didn't really tell anybody about it until after it was finished. The formulas have been pretty much finalized already so I would imagine the samples are more for the reviews rather than input for development.

If the person who told me shouldn't have...... Well, I'm not going to throw them out there. I'd rather take the blame myself.

Of course the formulas would be finalized before sending out samples. Sampling to the general public before release is the last step just in case. You'd be surprised how many products were finalized and then reformulated after the sample result indicated that the buying public wanted some further tweaking.

'Rani

QUOTE (foibled again @ Nov 25 2009, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eh, it should be fine since he didn't include anything about it in the samples. I just wasn't expecting the ice being broken so soon after I had talked to him last weekend about it (the keeping it a secret part).

Foibled if you have pomegranate i am on my way over now.

QUOTE (joytron @ Nov 25 2009, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eh, it should be fine since he didn't include anything about it in the samples. I just wasn't expecting the ice being broken so soon after I had talked to him last weekend about it (the keeping it a secret part).

I couldn't wait...... It's beyond amazing. Forgive me for saying so but......

Nah-nah nah nah-nah!

'Rani

I wouldn't have been home and I'm about to head out again. Besides, my house is a mess.

smile.gif

QUOTE (BohoWildChild @ Nov 25 2009, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I couldn't wait...... It's beyond amazing. Forgive me for saying so but......

Nah-nah nah nah-nah!

'Rani

Agreed. It's my favorite of the new ones and made my list of flavors to keep stocked before I even finished the first bowl I had of it.

QUOTE (foibled again @ Nov 25 2009, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't have been home and I'm about to head out again. Besides, my house is a mess.

WHAT! i have been waiting outside your house for the last 5 hours!

QUOTE (foibled again @ Nov 25 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (joytron @ Nov 25 2009, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WHAT! i have been waiting outside your house for the last 5 hours!

Oh you tease. I was gonna invite you in for a smoke but there was nobody outside. Now I'm taking my hookah and leaving, well one of them...

Oh no wrong house! I knocked and a bunch of white people came out and i was like what have you done with walt and more importantly waht have you done with his pomegranate!

QUOTE (foibled again @ Nov 25 2009, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I LOL'd in person, my mother is now looking me at me like I'm weird.

I also received my samples, but I'm out for the week so I'll have to review them when I get home :[ They smelled amazing though, so much that I cried a little.