Far out, i was completely not expecting something like this... hope you get better soon mate, im sure itl take some time but ul be able to do things again like u normally would i know a fair few people who have lost half fingers etc and seem to be doing fine. so just keep good spirits and ul be orite mate.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, this gave me the knotting feeling in my stomach. I'll keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery! Thank God it wasn't worse than this, that would have been tragic to the hookah world. Your contributions to the hookah world are not forgotten nor will they ever be. Hope the Mrs. isn't given you too much slack for this! Take care, be safe, and keep doing what you love.

thanks for the support folks. I will go into details on how it happened when I'm up to it. It's different than a lot of you probably think. I have worked with power tools of all sorts for 35 years and never had any significant injury until now.
hindsight is 20/20 and now I know what when wrong. but more on that later. For now working on getting off pain meds and back to work. Probably have a bowl and hose sale soon wink.gif I dunno when I'll be back to work.
Keep up the words of encouragement it really does help.
Ms. Scalli is the best especially times like these and I have a great bunch of family and friends like you guys so all really is well with the world.
I can tell you I would not want to trade with Larry and his condition.

Well thank goodness you have some great people to help support you when things go wrong. I am glad things didn't go worse for you. Feel better and heal well. I would drink on behalf of your recovery but I am not legal yet so I will smoke a bowl for your speedy recovery! Get well soon.

Sorry to hear that Scalli. Hope that you get better soon.. Try not to be too down.. while it does suck, it could've been worse. Hate to say it, but I did think of something relatively humorous for this situation, but sometimes I do have a problem judging if my humor is in poor taste. They do say laughter is the best medicine, but maybe we'll give it a week or 2 before that.. Unless of course...

Ouch, man, I'm really sorry to hear about that. I hope you recover quickly and get back to your good ol' healthy self and good spirits again. Throw back a Shiner and let out a hearty "ARRRRR" and you'll be back in no time.

Eek, so sorry to hear about this man...I hope the recovery process goes seamlessly and quickly. Sounds like an awful accident sad.gif

Keep your spirits up, as difficult as it may be! I mangled my leg, tearing my ACL and breaking my tibia in the process, and the only thing that helped more than the morphine was a positive attitude (cheeeeeeeeeeese)!

Modern medicine should hook you up just fine. This is what my thumb looked like I think 3 or 4 weeks after crushing it open, breaking the bone inside. No fingernail here. I did this on my 3rd day of working in steel fabrication. I'm actually kinda glad this happened, being that it was an easy mistake to make, I could have injured myself a lot worse.

And at 6 months:

I was also in rehab with a guy that lost the tips of 3 fingers on his let hand when the hood of a jeep fell on it. Edited by Imsomint

QUOTE (Barnaby @ Jun 2 2009, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry to hear that Scalli. Hope that you get better soon.. Try not to be too down.. while it does suck, it could've been worse. Hate to say it, but I did think of something relatively humorous for this situation, but sometimes I do have a problem judging if my humor is in poor taste. They do say laughter is the best medicine, but maybe we'll give it a week or 2 before that.. Unless of course...

generally its not okay to make light of anything until the victim has his first laugh.

QUOTE (Imsomint @ Jun 2 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Modern medicine should hook you up just fine. This is what my thumb looked like I think 3 or 4 weeks after crushing it open, breaking the bone inside. No fingernail here. I did this on my 3rd day of working in steel fabrication. I'm actually kinda glad this happened, being that it was an easy mistake to make, I could have injured myself a lot worse.

I'll spare everybody pics of them before they were fixed. I'm not up to seeing them again. They put me on Xanax to help me cope. That's some good shit..... at least for short term. My wife was worrying because people are calling and checking on me but telling the story is wearing me down. So she needs to see me a bit more myself. That med seems to get me a bit closer to it