New Syrian Brass Hookahs

bump for justice!

Eric has said these babies are officially coming to America smile.gif

Start drooling and saving up cash fellow Hookahnites.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

idunno mellow.gif

I'm sure he'll chime in at some point.

Well the word is in...its a go. There's five models being ordered. A short one, a medium one, a large one, a cased-wood one, and a fifth draft pick, to be determined soon. I'm rooting for the fifth one to be the one in my pictures, the one that was a sample. The short one is going to feature hand-painted floral details on the shank. We've also secured high-quality trays and reasonably good jars. The short one might sell for about...$60? The medium one for about $70...etc.. This is based on shipping prices and such.

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Mar 24 2009, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well the word is in...its a go. There's five models being ordered. A short one, a medium one, a large one, a cased-wood one, and a fifth draft pick, to be determined soon. I'm rooting for the fifth one to be the one in my pictures, the one that was a sample. The short one is going to feature hand-painted floral details on the shank. We've also secured high-quality trays and reasonably good jars. The short one might sell for about...$60? The medium one for about $70...etc.. This is based on shipping prices and such.

i'm hoping they become available in june or july. that should give me enough time in between hookah purchases for the fiancee not to freak out.

Those price estimates are awesome. So are these being sold through many vendors that we know of or are they being sourced primarily through a specific one? Just curious.

Well, I have a sample from the same manufacturer sitting 10ft. from me that is nearly identical to the AFonline hookah...without the gold detail. I saw the sample a few months ago, with a bunch of other samples (30 or so), but hadn't ever seen the AF Online hookah until a few weeks ago and still didn't make the connection (The gold detail on the AF Online pipe is quite striking and distracting... smile.gif) until I saw the samples again, after that. I think George Jonson said the first time we saw the samples "This is similar to AF Online's", and I thought they might be similar after seeing them three months apart, but there are lots of similar hookahs, until the most recent time I got a look at the samples...then I knew they were practically identical...or so close its uncanny. I would guess, more or less, that they are the same manufacturer. AF does put a lot more deluxe touches on their hookahs, and the samples were without trays or jars which makes a big difference in appearance...its hard to judge the height of a hookah without a jar, for one thing.

So, more or less they are the same.