Weight Loss

Stuie

Well when I started this whole process I was at 341.4 I am not at 290.2 ....51.2 POUNDS LOST BABY!!!!!!!

I just started a second round of the HCG protocol a few days ago.... actually today is day 7. 33 more days to go.

The eating sucks, hard, but i know it's worth it. I was on 3 weeks of no sugar no carbs after the last round and then whatever after that. Seriously the only time I ever gained weight was a day I ate a TON of carbs on day, but I was back to normal weight within 2 days.

WOOT Getting there!!! Unless I do a lot better this time I won't hit 250 but I will get darn close!

For me, I can't actually gain any muscle mass while losing weight. I was doing cardio for around 45 minutes every day, keeping my heart rate above 160, and that worked out. Lifting didn't help me at all, so I've just been sticking to cardio for the last couple months, and have lost about 20 pounds while on a loose diet.

• 2 weeks later...
I broke 60 Pounds!!!!

Man I look and feel so much better...22 more days on HCG... 3 days of continued diet... 18 days no sugar no starch.... then back to normal!

[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1288130075' post='486441']
I broke 60 Pounds!!!!

Man I look and feel so much better...22 more days on HCG... 3 days of continued diet... 18 days no sugar no starch.... then back to normal!
[/quote]

Congrats!!! That must be hard to not have any sugar and starch. How do you do it? I have a hard time not eating sugary sweets. What is HCG? I never heard of it.
Keep up the good work!

[quote name='lilhobbit' timestamp='1288215537' post='486598']
I broke 60 Pounds!!!!

[/quote]

Congrats!!! That must be hard to not have any sugar and starch. How do you do it? I have a hard time not eating sugary sweets. What is HCG? I never heard of it.
Keep up the good work!
[/quote]

HCG is a hormone and the protocol is taking it following a strict regiment on diet. And it you loose weight. Works great.

Actually it's not that bad me being huge, loosing a pound a day keeps you going. Plus if you cheat will taking HCG... you will gain and weigh more than you started. Last round had a cup of tea with sugar instead of sweat and low. Gained 2 pounds that day and I only consume 500 calories a day. See what I mean, cheating has huge consequences so it's a great motivator.

[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1288224697' post='486603']
I broke 60 Pounds!!!!

[/quote]

Keep up the good work!
[/quote]

HCG is a hormone and the protocol is taking it following a strict regiment on diet. And it you loose weight. Works great.

Actually it's not that bad me being huge, loosing a pound a day keeps you going. Plus if you cheat will taking HCG... you will gain and weigh more than you started. Last round had a cup of tea with sugar instead of sweat and low. Gained 2 pounds that day and I only consume 500 calories a day. See what I mean, cheating has huge consequences so it's a great motivator.
[/quote]

Okay I see what you mean. I read some where when I a diabetic is on insulin if they stop taking the insulin they gain more weight when then go back on it. I know this is different than what you are doing. Do you have to give yourself shots? Is it covered by insurance? We don't have insurance, which bites.

[quote name='lilhobbit' timestamp='1288296867' post='486692']
[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1288224697' post='486603']
I broke 60 Pounds!!!!

[/quote]

Keep up the good work!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Okay I see what you mean. I read some where when I a diabetic is on insulin if they stop taking the insulin they gain more weight when then go back on it. I know this is different than what you are doing. Do you have to give yourself shots? Is it covered by insurance? We don't have insurance, which bites.
[/quote]
Is this an alternative to the stomach surgerY?

Yes this is my alternative to any type of surgery.

Insurance does cover it.

Here's my situation. My GP wouldn't do it. so I go to a nurse Practitioner.

$90 per visit 2 Visits per round (Insurance doesn't cover theses)

HCG & B12 $50 (Wife's insurance didn't cover it was 80 I think)

HCG came be injected, Snorted or Oral Drops. Most effective way is Injections. First shot took a while. Now I don't even think about it. One injection in the morning, some B12 Drops under the tongue for energy. Take some Vitamins. That's it.

Quick Run Down:

2 Meals a day. Lunch and Dinner

Meal Contains
100g (precooked weight) of protein (Short list but I Stick to Chicken Breast, Beef and Buffalo)
1 - Piece of Melba Toast or Grissini Breadstick
1 - Apple, Orange, or handful of strawberries (1 or 2 More i think)
1 - Onion, Tomato, bowl of spinach, bowl of lettuce (couple more maybe but that's about it)

No Sugar, no other starches aside the Melba and Grissini
There are a few other little things you can have like Coffee, Tea
you can do Diet soda and stuff... kept me drinking enough water so i won't touch it.

Wife found some recipies that help break up the routine. A Chili and a Chicken Soup.

• 2 weeks later...
7 more days of HCG injections, 10 more days of 500 Calorie Diet.

I am just over 72 pounds lost. Not losing as fast as i would like, had a couple of no loss days that threw things off, but If I get real close to 80 I will be happy, but I still hope to hit 80 by the end of this round.

The 3 weeks no sugar no starch... All you can eat steak at Golden Corral here I come!!!!

Someone asked so I am doing some Calculations

My original Target is 225. I may go lower depending on how I look and how long I can keep doing this with out losing my mind!

So that means, I am currently 44.2 pounds away from my goal.

One more round should do it for me. After I finish this round I will start the next round on January 11th. Finishing that round. I will finish my injections on February 12th and be done with the round on March 26th.

If i go for it again, I will start on April 23rd. And on June 21st I will be one sexy beast!!!

Okay so today is my first day of no HCG which means 72 hours of eating the HCG diet plan, then 3 weeks of no sugar, no startch.

So far to date I have lost 76 pounds on the money!

So getting out and getting a steak on Friday night....Prime Rib... Medium... Grilled vegetables... and some broccoli covered in cheddar

Stuie, i'm really proud of you.
I know i would have a hard time with such a strict diet, so way to go.
I hope that you feel better, it sounds like you do, and that is awesome.
Good Luck with this.

Well here's some photos to see the difference.

Last Year:
[IMG]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs377.snc3/24157_782478200490_23901952_42984209_4694810_n.jpg[/IMG]

This weekend:
[IMG]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1201.snc4/155328_462205496554_590001554_6281772_2873679_n.jpg[/IMG]

• 3 months later...
Okay so I am about done with another round of HCG. I am on the maintenance of no sugar no starch.

Looks like I am stabilizing at 260 pounds. Didn't get where I was planning on being. Gained about 20-25 pounds between round 2 and this one. Rough few months with job, holiday and 3 deaths in my wife's family starting the day after Christmas. Then During this round I got the flu which really hindered me from my weight loss for this round. But looking at a recap...

Started this Thread October 14, 2008 - 350 Pounds.
July 21, 2010 Decided on HCG Protocol - 341.4 Pounds.
August 30, 2010 Finished Round 1 of HCG - 297.4 Pounds.
November 17, 2010 Finished Round 2 of HCG - 265.4 Pounds
*Bad months - weight gain*
Today a week or so after Round 3 I am back down to 260.1 Pounds.

Now that I looked at the numbers, I am really pissed about that bad period. Lot of work to get back down what I gained.

So I will not be doing another round until this fall. I have a couple conferences to go to this summer and when the 2nd little bambino is born, Going to need my normal energy level to keep from wearing myself out..

The trick will be to be vigilant about what I eat and cautious to maintain my weight and step up exercising.

Awesome man! Congrats to you and sorry that you had a bad period, hopefully you will be able to maintain it! Good luck.

I actually have a friend who could use this! She has tried dieting and exercising, but she loses motivation for the exercise and goes in depression because her diet doesn't help without it and then she ends up gaining weight and more depressed, but she sure sticks to her diet for a good amount of time so I reckon she can do this.

Could you please mention if there has been any side effects ?

Went veg, joined a gym and started working out again, eating small portions throughout the day, lots of raw and natural foods, almost no beer or liquor mostly red wine if I drink, lots of water, coconut water is your friend, Yerba Mate instead of coffee.

Most importantly, started being social again and doing what I am passionate about in life, which involves alot of energy on stage. You'll only be able to put out as much good as you put in.

Lost about 40 lbs in 2 months so far, alll naturally, not starving myself or anything. So I'm about 1/2 way to my goal of 240, which will fit my big ol' 6'4" frame very nicely :)

WAY WAY WAY WAY happier.

Also, NICE WORK STUIE!!!!!

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1300750911' post='502323']
Awesome man! Congrats to you and sorry that you had a bad period, hopefully you will be able to maintain it! Good luck.

I actually have a friend who could use this! She has tried dieting and exercising, but she loses motivation for the exercise and goes in depression because her diet doesn't help without it and then she ends up gaining weight and more depressed, but she sure sticks to her diet for a good amount of time so I reckon she can do this.

Could you please mention if there has been any side effects ?
[/quote]

[font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]hCG can include, but are not limited to: headache; feeling restless or irritable; mild swelling or water weight gain; depression; breast tenderness and swelling; and or injection site inflammation and pain. [/color][/size][/font]

That's the text book side effects but one that isn't mentioned. My wife went through about 3-4 weeks of more than normal hair loss. It's all good now. She has it all, just lost a lot of hair at once, it didn't look like it was thinning.

and the restless and irritability ...it's because some rounds.... no matter what you do you stay hungry. But it passes.

Cardio, cut carbs, and add in Green Tea Extract.. it's helped me lose weight and fights appetite. Also, rowing machines will tone your middle section. Cardio intensives are the best thing for losing a lot of weight fast.