*drum Rolls* Thalata Is Here! Pics Inside!

QUOTE (TigerLord @ Aug 29 2008, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks to mattarios2 who helped me get the KM Thalata (HC wouldn't ship to Canada, so I had it shipped to him and he shipped it to me), I am now the proud owner of my first quality Hookah, and the cherry on top is that it's a KM!

Pics:

I've acclimated some Tangiers K Cherry all day and will give it a try tonight in my new Glass Phunnel too.

Updates to follow!

Not a prob bud, I do what I can to help the community.

QUOTE (NickReppinThe909 @ Aug 29 2008, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
great buy

+1 for mattarios thats really awesome of him to go through the trouble to do that for you

thanks man I appreciate the comment

QUOTE (chinamon @ Aug 30 2008, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
finally someone that can take proper pictures. lol
that one fine looking hookah. congrats!
kudos to mattarios2 for helping you out too. i need to find someone that can do the same thing for me with HC.

I can do it for you man. It really isn't a big deal, where I work it is 5 min from fedex and ups drop off places so if you send me all the info I can take care of it for you.

QUOTE (mattarios2 @ Aug 31 2008, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can do it for you man. It really isn't a big deal, where I work it is 5 min from fedex and ups drop off places so if you send me all the info I can take care of it for you.

awesome! thank you.
i will let you know when i decide to order so we can get things in order.

Agree with all the praise given and I gotta say that glass bowl looks superb on that hookah.

Well I think we all need to step it up with our photos from now on.

• 3 months later...
After a little over 3 months of use I thought I could write an upgrade.

Needless to say, it smokes fantastically. I purchased a Namoor blue hose, since I found the huge piece of the KM hose that attaches to the stim was ridiculously too big. A diffuser was also added to the whole shabang. Didn't notice a change in taste or smoke, but it its definitely more silent, which is appreciated since we tend to use it a lot while watching TV or movies.

The glass bowl is absolutely amazing. Washes easily, a clean rinsing makes it possible to switch from something like Caffe Latte or Cappucino to Grapes without any taste being interchanged.

However, I do not like the glass screen much. The idea was great, but the hassle of thoroughly cleaning it (which requires bowling water and bicarbonate sodium to really remove all the black crap) does not make it worth it to be used over foil, in my opinion. The scallis mod does render the smoke thicker and smoother but really takes a lot of space, for solo smoking sessions there's just enough room for 1 coal session (I've came to love Exoticas. Jap Easylite are great too but are smaller and run out quicker). However for group sessions I prefer to not use any scallis mod, as the tobacco the bowl holds is doubled.

Unfortunately, I've tried Tangiers about a dozen time. With glass screen, with foil, different coals, let it acclimate for sometimes 48 hours. It never tasted right, at least, not like AF is instantenously smooth and thick.

Tangiers was always harsh. I'm afraid I'll never get the hang of it. Perhaps I expected too much too. My favorite flavors so far came to be Fantasia Pink Limonade, AF Caffe Latte. No matter what I mix AF cinnamon with it tastes gross. AF watermelon has too much of a chemical taste (sort of watermelon bubblegum taste), my AF grape smells like Ketchup even after acclimation.

In any case, I still have 7 flavors or Tangiers. I _love_ the smell of Tangiers Maraschino Cherry, but it tastes nothing like it I find.

Perhaps people could give tips as how to pack it. I really tried different setups. People said to use foil, pack it very tightly, and many many holes in the foil with 3 cocos or exoticas. Never got the smoke to taste as vidvidly as AF/Fantasia, in over 3 months.

If anyone is considering the Thalata though, do not hesitate, it is fantastic!

Tiger: try packing the Tangiers into a standard egyptian or mya bowl... trick is to have a hole in the middle (like the phunnel), really pack it down hard, and poke the holes all the way to the bottom. Give it a try.

QUOTE (erufiku @ Dec 6 2008, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tiger: try packing the Tangiers into a standard egyptian or mya bowl... trick is to have a hole in the middle (like the phunnel), really pack it down hard, and poke the holes all the way to the bottom. Give it a try.

Since I'm from Laval if I can't get this to work maybe we can meet and you'll show me in person biggrin.gif

I will try in a standard Tangiers Egyptian Bowl which I got with the Thalata, unfortunately I'm out of foil, so it'll have to be another day.

af caffe latte is turning into one of my favorite flavors of all time.. really awesome flavor, even when i usually go for the fruit flavors.. will be getting a kilo of it! it's that good!

• 1 month later...