Tangiers Help

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was better then before but it still didn't taste anything like berries. The throat tickle was less noticeable. I'm gonna leave it in my garage all week and see what happens.

Oh ya drinking a cup of milk or putting a halls in your mouth completely eliminates the tickle.

How do you know if its working? I tried packing it like that and during my session tangiers choco mint was tasty but I could not do a lot becuase it kept closing my throat. NO other shisha closes my throat.. is that how its supposed to be?
Is tangiers supposed to be very smooth or what?

For me, yea now it is smooth. Try using less heat than you are. That's what was tripping me up. It wasnt the acclimation, it was the heat. Acclimate for 8-28 hours depending on the environment and flavor of tobacco. I dont know how long generally choco-mint is acclimated. But do the recommended time, then use as little heat as you can while still getting clouds. Should be smooth as silk.

Voski, everytime i glance at ur pic i think its Thomas The Train Engine lol

only just now did i realize it wasnt

QUOTE (Bushbr @ Mar 10 2008, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Voski, everytime i glance at ur pic i think its Thomas The Train Engine lol

only just now did i realize it wasnt

Yikes.. you right! I see the train when I glance at it.. Thats scary.. ohmy.gif

QUOTE (thomas @ Mar 10 2008, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does Tangiers produce big clouds? Because wouldnt less heat= less smoke? I usually use three 1/3 pieces of exotica coals and just put it around my bowl, maybe there is too much heat.

Dude, that's WAY too much heat. Kick it down to 2 1/4ths of an exotica and see how it is. If you're on a large funnel, then maybe but on a small or medium, that's a crazy amount of heat. With tangiers, the lesson is that less is more.

QUOTE (Bulldog_916 @ Mar 10 2008, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (thomas @ Mar 10 2008, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does Tangiers produce big clouds? Because wouldnt less heat= less smoke? I usually use three 1/3 pieces of exotica coals and just put it around my bowl, maybe there is too much heat.

Dude, that's WAY too much heat. Kick it down to 2 1/4ths of an exotica and see how it is. If you're on a large funnel, then maybe but on a small or medium, that's a crazy amount of heat. With tangiers, the lesson is that less is more.

You think thats the reason for tangiers closing my throat? Im going to try 2 1/4s later, thanks for the tip.

I'd say it's up there on the list of reasons. If Tangiers is the only tobacco giving you problems, then there must be something wrong with the method. And from what I can see, the heat was your problem. If you acclimated it right and packed it right, then the heat is the logical standout to me.

ok so its been in the garage for around 30 hours. Now I probably won't be able to smoke until Friday if I'm lucky on Thursday. So should I just close it (its in a old starbuzz container) and leave it in the cubbard until I smoke? Or do I need to aclimate again? I honestly have enough for maybe two bowls left so I wanna make sure I get these right.

Acclimating in the garage is a bit of a risk. Garages are not insulated and their temperatures fluctuate with the day, this'll mess with the acclimation process a bit in that it has to be done in a stable environment where one is going to smoke it in.

QUOTE (MechAnt @ Mar 10 2008, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Acclimating in the garage is a bit of a risk. Garages are not insulated and their temperatures fluctuate with the day, this'll mess with the acclimation process a bit in that it has to be done in a stable environment where one is going to smoke it in.

This is true but if you think about, no where is stable.

So do the best you can. Garage has always been fine for me. just do it overnight where its just cool and not fluctuating like it would through out the day.

Cut the tobacco up into tiny shreds by using scissors, add 1 table spoon of honey to it, mix it thoroughly, let it sit for an hour or so, pack loads into the bowl, the same density as was in the bag, so incredibly stuffed, put the foil on, large fat ass holes everywhere, i mean big, cocktail stick holes x 10 kinda big, put one coal at a time and puff away, heating the tobacco as you smoke in a cold place so slowly heat it so not to give it temp shock. Should be good to go really *Shrugs* thats how id do it anyway if its not working 4 me!! With tangiers its kinda like you need to do it wrong to do it right, i know that seems wierd but all the ethics of packing other tobacco certainely goes out of the window!

QUOTE (voski @ Mar 11 2008, 12:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So what do I do? I smoke outside or in the garage. sad.gif

You're a big boy, you can assess the best smoking location.

If it is nice out, smoke outside, otherwise smoke in the garage.

Acclimate in the house, get air cone things for the smell. Bring the hookah outside when the coals are ready. If you have a wind cover, use it to heat the bowl up. Once the bowl is going, you'll be smokin' in no time.

-QM

QUOTE (voski @ Mar 14 2008, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I finally did it 250g grams later I got the last bowl to be amazing.

Now do you remember what you did to get that good bowl?? tongue.gif
Glad to hear that you got a decent smoke from Tangiers. It takes us all sometime to learn how Tangiers works best for yourself. Now I have finally remembered how to pack non Tangiers tobacco! lol

I just left it in my garage for two days and I guess thats all I needed. I had gotten kpeach to smoke fine with a few hours of acclimation so I thought it would be the same with brambleberry. Now I need to decide what flavor to order next biggrin.gif