Jewels (Formerly Kamal)

mushrat

Mixed Berry

Setup: 26" MZ safari, Funnel bowl,Razan hose
Coals: 3K QL

Packaging: Pretty appealing, nice ziplock back to store what you dont use, and it comes with flavored mouthtips(more on that at the end)(8/10)

Cut: really tiny bits a few longer strips, very few sticks

Smell: well damn it smells amazing, like delicious berry candy or something (9/10)

Taste: I think the "flavored" mouthpieces did more for the flavor than the tobacco did, had a little hint of berries but a really wierd aftertaste, didnt keep me from smoking it but just tasted odd. My suitemate said "I think it tastes like purple", which kind of describes it if that makes sense. (5/10)

Smoke: No good clouds till i had 4 halves of 3k on it and then it started burning, very weak clouds (2/10)

Buzz: none really to speak for, didnt have any water or anything and smoked for almost an hour and still didnt get a buzz at all.

Final Comments While not the worste ive ever had, still wasnt very good, and the flavored mouthpieces seemed a little gimmicky, they tasted a little weird and were the same shape as the end of a black and mild, no good airflow whatsoever and didnt add to the taste at all. flavor wasnt good though so i probably wouldnt buy it again overall since smokeability/flavor is the most important to me id give it a 5/10 at most 3/10 at worst.

QUOTE (Stuie @ Sep 28 2008, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jewels Peach

Hookah: custom
Bowl: Small Phunnel
Screen/Foil: generic foil
Hose: forgot the name, was a thick hose
Coals: no name, i bought them in an individual pack
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance:
Very Short Cut, Black and Super Sticky
Nicotine: 0.05%
Base: Honey & Glycerin
Smell: Like a fresh Peach
Taste: sweet at first with strange aftertaste, reminded me of pipe tobacco
Smoke: thin
Buzz: small
Duration: 1 Hour

Purchased From: local liqour store

Overall:
4/10 tasted ok, was better when drinking mixed drinks after exhaling. a good way to increase a buzz you already have but not so great by itself. i would recomend trying other flavors. jewel is a great company but they really need to work on this flavor.

jewel: cherry

hookah: custom with thick hoses made for heavy hits

base liquid: water (try adding sugar)

set up: a pain in the ass, will make a huge mess due to the stickiness and fine cut of the shisha. DO NOT use your hands to sprinkle this shisha into your bowl.

smell: great smell. strong and sweet, exact same as taste.

taste: great taste. a bit weak, but if you let the coals burn for about a minute before taking that first initial hit, the taste will be a lot stronger.

smoke: medium. you may have to add an extra half of a coal to this brand. the shisha is so wet that it's kind of hard to light.

buzz: medium. you're not gonna get too much of a buzz from this brand, i highly recommend mixing with this with dryer shisha. the tastes blend really well and the mix is easy due to the fine cut. but you won't feel too much from this brand alone.

duration: this shisha will more than likely outlast your coals. i like to add another when the first two get close burning out. i would recommend using a cover to keep the shisha as warm as possible.

rating: 6/10 on its own. mixed half and half with dryer shisha, specifically nahkla, 8/10.

final comments: with this brand of shisha the potential for mixes is limitless. i've personally made 3 good mixes using this particular flavor and some nahkla flavors. try using this shisha when you're not being rushed to set up a hookah. expiriment a little.

Jewel: Honey

hookah: custom with thick hoses for heavy pulls

bowl: small funnel

base liquid: water

setup: extremely fine cut, sticky, pain to work with

smell: sort of sweet, but not like honey at all. it has a very strange smell to it.

taste: tart. it coats the back of your throat and leaves you with a bad after taste.

buzz: none

duration: unkown, i got so sick of this shisha i couldn't finish it, not even with two of my friends helping.

rating: 0/10 this shisha was garbage. i don't recommend anyone try it, infact i recommend trying other flavors instead.

final comments: although the name makes it sound inviting, this flavor is crap! do yourself a favor and steer clear of honey!

• 3 weeks later...
Jewels Mixed Berry

Bad. I got some free in the mail to try and assumed people were exagerating about how bad this stuff is but nope nope nope.

It smells good, that's all I can say is good about it. It had a weird tobacco/metallic taste in the background, was entirely too mellow, and should have been called Banana Tobacco Berry.

And to top it off I got a slight headache an hour or so later and yeah, I was hydrated.

I guess it smoked fine but man it was just so bad flavorwise. So it's kinda like the opposite of HH, another subpar shisha which has good flavors and a horrible make of shisha.

It's all good I gave the untouched DA and Mixed Fruit and the rest of the Mixed Berry to a friend who'll smoke anything.

• 5 weeks later...
Jewels Mixed Berry (free sample box)

Mya Mini Acrylic
Phunnel bowl w/ tealight mod
Razan Hose
Reynolds HD Foil
Warm water in base
Two 3Kings coals

Smell: 10/10 I love the candy smell and is extremely potent.
Texture: 7/10 Too sticky for my liking. The cut is medium.
Buzz: 0/10 No buzz at all
Smoke: 4/10 Took about 15 minutes with a wind cover to start getting thick smoke and it was only thick for about 10 minutes.
Flavor: 4/10 I "sometimes" got the berry flavor and as mentioned before, there is some banana.

Overall: 5/10 It isn't as terrible as others have put it but I'm not going to be buying this in the future. The 40g I have left over is strictly for backup or giveaway use. Edited by thehelios

• 2 weeks later...
Jewels Peach

Hookah: Mini Mya Acrulic
Bowl: Standard Egyptian
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Razan
Coals: Ch Naturals
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Very Short Cut, Black and Super Sticky
Smell: Wired mediciney
Taste: Like Starbuzz's blue myst without the mint
Smoke: Reasonably thick
Buzz: None

Purchased From: Free sample from the company

Overall: 7/10 Not too shabby. But nothing I would go buy.

• 2 weeks later...
Jewels - Double Apple

Set up: 32" KM ice with regular clay bowl, no ice used.

Cut/Appearance: Very fine cut, very gooey and sticky.

Smell: Crap.

Smoke: 5/10, decent smoke, nothing exciting, not as good as Layalina. Clouds were not as dense as I am used to and not as much smoke all around. I was able a some smoke rings out of it.

Tasty: Taste like fuck! Strong, crappy taste, no resemblance to apple. Very bad aftertaste. For some reason it also leaves a very sweet, crappy taste on the lips as well.

Duration: Don't know, couldn't finish bowl, taste too crappy.

Overall: Very disappointing. I usually smoke for a good hour or so and only lasted about 20-25 min. before I gave up. I really tried to overlook the taste because I really wanted to smoke, but it was too horrible. I only paid like 2.50 for it from a ghetto smoke shop (cheap around this area) but still not worth it. Will probably throw the rest of it out.

• 7 months later...
Jewel Banana

Jewel in Kuwait is launching a new version called Zain. It is being broadly
advertised as "more molasses, more flavor." I beg to differ. The label says .05 nicotine, manufactured in APR/09.

Set up: Large Syrian Pipe with ice water in the base. I used a standard Egyptian clay bowl.
Coconaras, first three, then four small.

Appearance: Large cut stemmy tobacco. NO dye, it was a light brown with a small amount of juice.

Smell: Amazingly good fresh banana.

Taste: Weak. Mild banana and flowery taste which died after about 1/2 an hour.

Smoke: Also very weak. At first I thought my coals were bad, but they seemed fine.

Buzz: NONE.

Overall: 1/10 This was a free sample and I paid too much! LOL! It was a waste of my time, this brand is weak and nasty, died too quickly. I also got a free sample of grape and had the same result. I would not buy or even accept a free sample again. The only good thing about this tobacco was how good it smelled in the jar, it was misleading.

• 1 month later...
Jewels Peach

Hookah-36 inch Egyptian
Hose-Cobra
Bowl- vortex
Foil/screen-Reynolds HD
Liquid in base- ice water
Coals-CH naturals

Tobacco- light brown, Fairly dry
Flavor- None whatsoever
Cut- Big leaves
Smoke- weak, even with proper heat management
Buzz- None

overall- 1/10 No smoke,No flavor, No buzz. enough said....

• 2 months later...
[size="3"][b]Jewels [color="#800080"]Mixed Berries[/color][/b][/size]

[b]Hookah:[/b] Mya Saray QT
[b]Bowl: [/b]Silver Clay Bowl
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose: [/b]Roka
[b]Coals:[/b] Coconara
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water
[b]
Appearance: [/b]Very Short Cut, Black and Super Sticky
[b]Nicotine: [/b]0.05%
[b]Base:[/b] Honey & Glycerin
[b]Smell: [/b]Berryish
[b]Taste:[/b] Berryish, the cigar taste isn't as strong as the others.
[b]Smoke: [/b]Average
[b]Buzz: [/b]None
[b]Duration: [/b]1 Hour
[b]
Purchased From: [/b]Free Sample Box
[b]
Overall:[/b] 5/10 It was an okay flavor, but it is not that great. This maybe the only decent flavor Jewels makes because I can actually taste the flavor without getting killed by cigar taste. But the taste is mild like a bowl of AF Berry that has been left out in the sun for a week. The tips come with do help take the edge off the pipe/cigar taste, but air flow is cut down to nothing, so they are useless to me. Stickiness was a major turn off. It was much stickier than even the stickiest Nakhla. This made clean up a pain.

• 1 year later...
[color=#A0522D][font=Georgia][size=2]Jewel Apricot[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A0522D][font=Georgia][size=2]
[/size][/font][/color]
[b]Hookah:[/b][size="2"][color="#1C2837"] Magdy Zidan[/color][/size]
[b][size="2"][color="#1C2837"]Bowl: normal Egyptian [/color][/size][/b]
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b][size="2"][color="#1C2837"] Dollar Store Brand[/color][/size]
[b]Hose: [/b][color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]Off-brand or Khalil Mamoon.... cant remember[/size][/font][/color]
[b]Coals: Starlight[/b]
[b]Base Liquid:[/b][size="2"][color="#1C2837"] Water[/color][/size]
[b]
Appearance: [/b][size="2"][color="#1C2837"]Very Short Cut, Light brown/orange[/color][/size]
[b]Nicotine: [/b][size="2"][color="#1C2837"]0.05%[/color][/size]
[b]Base:[/b][size="2"][color="#1C2837"] Honey & Glycerin [/color][/size]
[b]Smell: [/b][color="#1C2837"][size="2"]Funky apricot , a little off putting[/size][/color]
[b]Taste:[/b][size="2"][color="#1C2837"] Faintly Apricot[/color][/size]
[b]Smoke: [/b][color=#1C2837][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]Good clouds, but nothing special[/size][/font][/color]
[b]Buzz: [/b][size="2"][color="#1C2837"]Small[/color][/size]
[b]Duration: [/b][size="2"][color="#1C2837"]1 Hour 15 minutes[/color][/size]
[b]
Purchased From: [/b][size="2"][color="#1C2837"]Local Tobacco Mart[/color][/size]

[size="2"][color="#1C2837"]
[/color][/size]
[size="2"][color="#1C2837"][b]Overall:[/b] 7.5/10 The flavor was faint, but tasty. I would recommend this flavor to people who don't want to get much of a buzz from their session. The smell of the tobacco could greatly improve, and I wouldn't mind a little more intensity on the taste.[/color][/size]

[color=#A0522D][size=2][font=Georgia][size=2]Jewel Apricot[/size][/font][/size][/color]
[color=#A0522D][size=2][font=Georgia][size=2]
[/size][/font][/size][/color]
[b]Hookah:[/b][color=#1C2837][size=2][color=#1C2837] Magdy Zidan[/color][/size][/color]
[b][size=2][color=#1C2837]Bowl: normal Egyptian [/color][/size][/b]
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b][color=#1C2837][size=2][color=#1C2837] Dollar Store Brand[/color][/size][/color]
[b]Hose: [/b][color=#1C2837][size=2][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]KM hose[/size][/font][/size][/color]
[b]Coals: [/b][color=#1C2837][size=2]Coconara[/size][/color]
[b]Base Liquid:[/b][color=#1C2837][size=2][color=#1C2837] Water[/color][/size][/color]
[b]
Appearance: [/b][color=#1C2837][size=2]Short, lots of stems, GREY-brown[/size][/color]
[b]Nicotine: [/b][color=#1C2837][size=2][color=#1C2837]0.05%[/color][/size][/color]
[b]Base:[/b][color=#1C2837][size=2][color=#1C2837] Honey & Glycerin [/color][/size][/color]
[b]Smell: [/b][color=#1C2837][size=2][size=2]TERRIBLE[/size][/size][/color]
[b]Taste:[/b][size="2"][color="#1C2837"] tastes like alchohal, although i've never had a cosmopolitan [/color][/size]
[b]Smoke: [/b][color=#1C2837][size=2]Average billowing clouds[/size][/color]
[b]Buzz: [/b][color=#1C2837][size=2][color=#1C2837]Small[/color][/size][/color]
[b]Duration: [/b][color=#1C2837][size=2]20 minutes before i quit[/size][/color]
[b]
Purchased From: [/b][color=#1C2837][size=2]Free Sample[/size][/color]

[color=#1C2837][size=2][color=#1C2837][b]Overall:[/b] 3/10 The flavor wasn't terrible, but the problem i have with almost every jewel brand is the after taste. The original flavor is usually good, but it leaves a taste that makes me want to throw up. Apricot has had the least of this after taste, but every flavor does have it. Also, the smell of this shisha was terrible, the only reason I put it in my bowl because it was free. I shouldn't have done that...[/color][/size][/color]

• 1 year later...
[size=3][b]Jewels [/b][/size][b][color=#ff0000]Mixed berry[/color][/b] Free sample

[b]Hookah:[/b] Mya Pimp
[b]Bowl: [/b]Mod
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds
[b]Hose: [/b]Razan raja
[b]Coals: [/b]2 Af coconut coals
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Almost like pipe tobacco
[b]Nicotine: [/b]Does not say on box
[b]Base:[/b] Box says syrup
[b]Smell: [/b]Like berry propel
[b]Taste:[/b] Exactly how it smells Very strong in flavor
[b]Smoke: [/b]Good cloudage
[b]Buzz: [/b]pretty strong it was my frist bowl of the day
[b]Duration: [/b]1 Hour

For a free sample it was pretty decent although the flavor is stuck in my pipe, will have to clean it

• 1 year later...

Jewels Double Apple

Hookah: Tokel Tuğralı 
Bowl: Kasbah Mini Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds Heavy Duty
Hose: Nammor
Coals: Coconara Cubes
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Very Short Cut, Black and Super Sticky
Smell: Anise
Taste: Sweet Anise
Smoke: Average
Purchased From: Free Sample Box

Overall: 8/10 This is quite good actually. I have been shy of Jewels since they use cigar tobacco. But actually the cigar tobacco taste is very light. What you get is a sweet tasting anise. It’s actually the first decent Jewels I have ever tasted.