Whats Your Ride?

ezie

QUOTE (Scheetz @ Aug 4 2007, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And for those with systems in their trunk. For the love of god please bolt your amp, sub and anything else you have free floating. Another driver just died recently due to their sub smashing into the back of their head in a collision. Others have been paralyzed because of it breaking their spine.

My system would have to go through the metal cage surrounding my fuel tank, the fuel tank itself, the solid metal wall behind the back seat, and then through the seats to get to me lol.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Powered By Satan @ Aug 4 2007, 05:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

2004 Phantom Black Metallic GTO
Lets see if I can remember everything.....

Go fast:
Texas Speed & Performance Magic Stick v.4 camshaft - 238/242 .649/.609 111.5 LSA
Pacesetter 1 3/4" longtube headers
Custom dual 3" exhaust with x-pipe and race bullets
"Hardcore" custom 4" cold air intake
Home ported/polished throttle body
Powerbond 25% underdrive pulley
Conley's Performance dyno tune
420whp/390wtq, more power soon

Appearance:
18x8/18x9.5 TSW Thruxton with 245/40 and 275/35 Nitto NT555 rubber
PFYC Banshee carbon fiber hood
Custom tinted taillights (did those myself biggrin.gif )
Custom front end (loooong story)
Angel Eyes in headlights
8000k HID headlights/foglights

Stereo:
Pioneer AVIC-D3 double-din touch screen w/ nav and XM
Alpine Type S 6.5" door/rear speakers
Alpine MRP-F550 four channel
Alpine Type R 12" sub
Alpine MRP-M850 mono
(used to have 2 type Rs/2 MRP-850s, but 1600w RMS just for subs is too much lol)

And a Viper 791XV w/ remote start etc. for security.

Nice f***ing ride, man! I've always wanted a GTO! When I was 16 I found a '65 Goat behind a Salvation Army two towns over. I tried my best to buy it but the old douche bag wouldn't sell it. It's still sitting there, rotting away. It breaks my heart sad.gif . I've even sketched up an idea for a GTO tattoo, pretty much the old-school GTO badges that went on the fenders, something like this. Again, nice f***ing ride!

QUOTE (Big Boss @ Aug 5 2007, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice f***ing ride, man! I've always wanted a GTO! When I was 16 I found a '65 Goat behind a Salvation Army two towns over. I tried my best to buy it but the old douche bag wouldn't sell it. It's still sitting there, rotting away. It breaks my heart sad.gif . I've even sketched up an idea for a GTO tattoo, pretty much the old-school GTO badges that went on the fenders, something like this. Again, nice f***ing ride!

Thanks biggrin.gif

I wanted a GTO as my first car, but at barely 18 I couldn't afford it, so I got a 2005 SRT-4. After having that for a little more than a year, some 16 yr old kid who'd been driving for 3 days decided it would be a good idea to t-bone me, and totaled it. His insurance company gave me $20,600 for the car, when I originally paid $18,900. Searched around for about a month, talked to a LOT of different people, and came across my GTO in St. Louis for $20k. Flew up there a few days later (I live in north Houston) and drove her home. I've been like a little kid in a candy shop ever since...even though I've had her for a year and a half, I still get a sh*tfaced grin every time I start her up (even more so since I cammed it a month ago). Sadly, I bent 2 exhaust valves on the pass. bank about a week ago (cam is a bit too big lol) so I'm about to have to drop $1k on some new heads. Oh well, they're worth a dyno-proven 50whp gain, so I should be around 470whp.

ok i'll get pics up later or stuff no time now but i got a 5speed 1996 chevy cavalier with a body kit lambo doors spoiler and all that shit sound system and all that good stuff.. she's my baby. and i got a 98zx750 kawasaki ninja.. custom paint and front.. lol still learning how to drive it

Daily Driver is a 1996 Nissan Maxima

Has Full exhaust from headers, y-pipe, high flow cat, and catback. Headers are DC, y-pipe is made by Budget (Canadian company), high flow cat from magnaflow, catback by Stillen (kept stock muffler cause its too loud and don't wanna look ricey). Pathfinder Throttlebody (3.25"!!!!), Jet ECU, Placeracing Cold Air Intake (A true cold air intake, not a short ram). Tien springs, forgot what shocks, 5zigen lightweight racing wheels 18", and Bride racing seat on drivers side only. Pretty much everything except for forged pistons, cams, and FI is done in the car. Kept the thing stock looking cause I'm a power guy rather than a show guy. 13.9 1/4 mile @ 105.2, 0-60 5.8. Dyno'ed 240 FWHP. Translates to almost 300 at the crank. Keeps up with older M3's, STi's, Evo's, and many other "lower" end cars. Love it. Sounds like a monster especially with the stillen muffler.

Bike is a Yamaha R6. Revs to 15,000!!!! Love it. Rides like a dream and has oogles of power.

My uncle is a car collector and has a collection of over 22 cars. He has one of the last air-cooled Porches, Lotus Espirit from the 80's, two Ferraris (Superamerica and F40), 2001 911 Turbo (MONSTER!!!!), and many more. Next time I visit him, I'll definitely snap some pics.

QUOTE (SammyDDS @ Jul 23 2007, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My baby, 2007 Lexus LS 450...Calcartman tell your dad to get rid of that tiny lotus. I was with my fiance to test drive one, and first of all I couldnt get in without the top up, and second, it broke down on the street, but that was probably because of my fat ass!

for some reason it wont let me upload a picture.

There is no such thing as the LS 450. There's only the LS 460 and LS 600h. Typo? Edited by MechAnt

First off, fuck you spoiled kids who got brand new first cars haha....

I drive a 2000 Ford Taurus, lame... but oh well

Its got one of the darkest tints you'll ever see, and a alpine system, alpine amp, two Alpine 12" type S

QUOTE (The King @ Aug 13 2007, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First off, fuck you spoiled kids who got brand new first cars haha....

I drive a 2000 Ford Taurus, lame... but oh well

Its got one of the darkest tints you'll ever see, and a alpine system, alpine amp, two Alpine 12" type S

I paid for mine, thanks!

Being a computer tech pays well wink.gif

My buddys Durango has 12% tint, with 5% tint over that. On all windows except the windshield, which has an eyebrow with the same combo. I call it "forgetaboutseeingoutatnight tint"

as you can see in my sig...

I've got a 1990 Toyota Camry SV21... minimal mods right now include:
18"x8.5" Chrome Zenetti Tek wheels 215/35/18 Nankangs
2" Catback exaust with dual 2" chrome tips
Short Ram Intake
1.5" lowering done using Pedders springs
Pioneer MP3 player
7" Response Computer Touch Screen (mouse interface)
2.7Ghz Computer
DVD burner upfront
500W pure sine wave inverter
Cadence 800W 4ch amp
Schneider 500W 2ch amp
JBL 200W 6.5" Component speakers
Kenwood 350W 6"x9" speakers
Clarion 600W 12" sub (Custom 55L box ported to 35hz)
0awg wiring
UV neons under front footwells
UV neons on the back of the front seats
Purple LEDs under the outer door handles
Purple LEDs in the wheel wells
Purple LEDs in the front air-con vents
Purple LEDs drilled into the headlights
Purple LEDs inside the sub box glow showing from the ports
Plasma ball on the center console
Purple argeela fixed in the center console
Custom Purple licence plates ARG31A (spelling out argeela)

future mods (within the end of this year)
ST185 3SGTE transplant
E153 LSD transmission
ST185 front brake rotors and calipers
Cold Air Intake
3" Manifold-back exhaust
Hight flow Cat converter
Motec ECU
Front Mount Intercooler
Electronic Boost Controller
Vent-to-atmosphere Blow-Off-Valve
new 2" lowering using Pedders springs
Pedders shocks
new 19"x8" chrome wheels (preferably Zenetti Tek), 225/35/19 Bridgestones
flared rear guards
front lip
full undercar purple neons

Next year mods...
new Eclipse (aux input) headunit
another set of JBL 6.5" component speakers
Earthquake 2000W amplifier
Image Dynamics IDMAX 12" subwoofer (Custom 36hz ported box)
Dynamat Sound Deadening
Headrest monitors
Custom interior
Respray with purple pearl

(I know someone with an SV21 Camry with a 3SGTE transplant and he got a 1/4m time of 13.8s) Edited by d_ice

QUOTE (loonibab @ Aug 18 2007, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is my old car, i recentally just sold her and I miss her dearly.

Now I have this car.. stock for now.. but just purchased coilovers sway bars and alot of other misc stuff..

fun car..

what kind of coil overs? mod it up the right way i see!

My car is the one on the right!
2004 RSX Type s

18" TL A-Spec wheels : Team VooDoo Shift Knob : Viscous Tech SS : DIY Silver Stitched Boot : Smoked Tails : Injen CAI : Ingalls Camber Kit: Mugen SS : Shaved Rear Wiper : Debadged : 05-06 Decklid Spoiler : ITR Rear Sway : Ingalls TD : Mugen Replica Front and Rear Strut Bars Edited by waterboi

QUOTE (claydo @ Jul 25 2007, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and hands down a used 993 turbo is an amazing track car, inexpensive and pently of aftermarket and track ready parts. Highly modable with just "bolt ons"

A 993 Turbo is no inexpensive to maintain. In fact they cost more in good condition than a 996TT... they are great cars, but far from inexpensive, unless you are coming from a ferrari owner's perspective where a typical price for a bolt is $45...

QUOTE (SammyDDS @ Jul 26 2007, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My fiance just told me that I should support america and get an american sports car like a viper or a corvette...I was laughing...I told her that american car companies make shitty cars. Then she said that as long as I dont get a Mercedes, BMW, or a Volkswagen she'll be fine because thats kind of like BUY US FUCK YOU for us Jews! I was laughing for like 20 minutes.

Corvette Z06 is really fast man, 500+hp, great bang for your buck. Ford GT also bad ass and a ton of fun. The Z06 is based upon the C5R which won quite a few championships and for $70K its very reasonable. Also tell her to add Porsche to the german evil car manufacture-axis as well

Ummmm... Porsche just recently aquired VAG- which means the new lambos will be porsches instead of audi's... I don't see the difference in buying a Lambo or a Porsche- You may be buying the Lambo with the Italian name, but aren't the sales still going to a GERMAN company??? No offense intended, as I will probably never have the blessings to be in the financial position to purchase either of these, but the logic is flawed a little. By the way, I drive a 95 Jetta 2.0 that is lowered... It is reliable for now, but who knows how much longer it will last. The next car is going to be an SN-95 Mustang... Then the fun starts!

QUOTE (Justin @ Aug 28 2007, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Corvette Z06 is really fast man, 500+hp, great bang for your buck. Ford GT also bad ass and a ton of fun. The Z06 is based upon the C5R which won quite a few championships and for $70K its very reasonable.

LSx motors ftmfw. Trust me wink.gif

QUOTE (LS1 FTW @ Aug 28 2007, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Justin @ Aug 28 2007, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Corvette Z06 is really fast man, 500+hp, great bang for your buck. Ford GT also bad ass and a ton of fun. The Z06 is based upon the C5R which won quite a few championships and for $70K its very reasonable.

LSx motors ftmfw. Trust me wink.gif

yeah yeah, but as soon as i get my 2jzge converted over to a 2jzgte i will have a little something to talk about..

2JZ POWAAA.... THAT'S A MONSTER OF AN ENGINE...

what car you got??? Lexus IS300 or NA Supra??? oh and you gotta get the Getrag 6spd with it too

the 2JZGTE and the RB26DETT are the KINGS of japan... sooo much potential... the 2JZ has stock internals strong enough to carry close to 700hp without any problems now THAT'S engineering

QUOTE (d_ice @ Aug 29 2007, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what car you got??? Lexus IS300 or NA Supra??? oh and you gotta get the Getrag 6spd with it too

the 2JZGTE and the RB26DETT are the KINGS of japan... sooo much potential... the 2JZ has stock internals strong enough to carry close to 700hp without any problems now THAT'S engineering

Don't forget about the 13b/20b/26b rotaries are so underrated!

QUOTE (d_ice @ Aug 29 2007, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IS 300, all i got to do is swap to forged internals and ive got a block that can handle up towards 1000hp. my goal is a modest 500 for a daily driver.