Opd's Smileys Shisha Website

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (oggie505#2 @ Jul 11 2007, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
funny how we were never his target audience for smileys, but he had to come here and explain how great it is now

your killing me......did i ever say any of that...what is the problem here? why am i getting attacked for every statement....people I am trying to learn from you all and maybe, by chance show you something here about what has been happening in Tucson with a very well recieved product. distributors/stores that have gotten samples, love what I am doing and they will be carrying smiley's in the stores you shop at, I thought it would be a good idea to maybe talk with some of the true hard core fans of shisha about it, learn some good tricks, maybe find out about a flavor or mix I can try...but not get attacked for every statement I have made..please, if you don't want to buy smileys, Don't...seriously, don't, but stop attacking here...

QUOTE (OPD @ Jul 11 2007, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (oggie505#2 @ Jul 11 2007, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
funny how we were never his target audience for smileys, but he had to come here and explain how great it is now

your killing me......did i ever say any of that...what is the problem here? why am i getting attacked for every statement...

I explained this to you. Did you think I was kidding? It wasn't a threat, it was a warning. EVERYTHING you do, say, reply, think, or mention is suspect to these people. I was just trying to give you that piece of insight, but you took it as a threat, ok then, try and help a guy...

I think you are totally miscontruing these "attacks" and "threats" OPD. As a community we WANT there to be as many types of shisha as possible. It is to no one's benefit, both supply- and demand-side, to have a reduced selection in the marketplace. What we want, is forthrightness and honesty. You came to us advertising a (somewhat) new product and, rightfully, many of us were skeptical.

We wanted to know a few simple things:

How much does it cost?
Will it be replaced if it is defective?
How can we purchase it?

In my opinion, we have yet to recieve a straight answer on any of those fronts.

It's hard to take anything seriously with OPD atm. As you said we have not recieved the answers to any of the 3 very simple questions we asked of him.

Btw.. Funny you mentioned Booberry, as it WAS one of the cereals in discussion.. The other being Fruit Loops. I was of course on the side of Fruit Loops.

QUOTE (ahwahoo2006 @ Jul 11 2007, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you are totally miscontruing these "attacks" and "threats" OPD. As a community we WANT there to be as many types of shisha as possible. It is to no one's benefit, both supply- and demand-side, to have a reduced selection in the marketplace. What we want, is forthrightness and honesty. You came to us advertising a (somewhat) new product and, rightfully, many of us were skeptical.

We wanted to know a few simple things:

How much does it cost?
Will it be replaced if it is defective?
How can we purchase it?

In my opinion, we have yet to recieve a straight answer on any of those fronts.

we went over cost: msrp $5.99
if defective...not just taste, but defective, will return
purchase...msg me now...i will take care of, we are building a site...for people to buy from..but it isn't ready yet..
i hope answered every question

we went over cost: msrp $5.99
if defective...not just taste, but defective, will return
purchase...msg me now...i will take care of, we are building a site...for people to buy from..but it isn't ready yet..
i hope answered every question

well what do u mean by defective, since you buy shisha for flavor and smoke, I take it will have to have both for it to not be deffective. I think we already found the site..lol Edited by oggie505#2

Now that this has turned in to cereal talk, i guess its a little late to come into the thread, but I'll speak my mind anyway.

OPD, welcome to the forums, I've been reading all your threads though never replied.

I think honestly, that the biggest problem people have with you hear, is your inability to answer questions directly. You are constantly making excuses, or just referring back to a previous statement that is completely irrelevent.
I.E.:
"How much will this cost?"
"Smiley's new shisha IS HIGH QUALITY! It is definately a premium product!"

Seriously man, if you want everyone to stop attacking you, answer our questions, dont make attacks (mainly, stop CAPITALIZING LETTERS, it looks like your shouting, andi ts impolite), and try to keep us well informed. So we found you "fake" site, big deal, sorry we used google on you. But you still can't explain false advertising as America's only homegrown shisha. So, if you wont answer the question why were you false advertising, and if your denying htat site was meant for public use, then answer this question.

Who was the site intended for? If it was for Lounge owners/shope owners, its still false advertising.

QUOTE (SafeSearchOff @ Jul 11 2007, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now that this has turned in to cereal talk, i guess its a little late to come into the thread, but I'll speak my mind anyway.

OPD, welcome to the forums, I've been reading all your threads though never replied.

I think honestly, that the biggest problem people have with you hear, is your inability to answer questions directly. You are constantly making excuses, or just referring back to a previous statement that is completely irrelevent.
I.E.:
"How much will this cost?"
"Smiley's new shisha IS HIGH QUALITY! It is definately a premium product!"

Seriously man, if you want everyone to stop attacking you, answer our questions, dont make attacks (mainly, stop CAPITALIZING LETTERS, it looks like your shouting, andi ts impolite), and try to keep us well informed. So we found you "fake" site, big deal, sorry we used google on you. But you still can't explain false advertising as America's only homegrown shisha. So, if you wont answer the question why were you false advertising, and if your denying htat site was meant for public use, then answer this question.

Who was the site intended for? If it was for Lounge owners/shope owners, its still false advertising.

it was an internal site, and I have answered every question poised to me a manner that is acceptable.
I have given price.
I have explained about guarantee's..can anyone tell me what other companies are guarantees are?
and...stop with this false advertising, learn the law man...this isn't, since it wasn't made public, I never advertised, the site was intended for interal use..is that a good enough answer for you...?

it was an internal site, and I have answered every question poised to me a manner that is acceptable.
I have given price.
I have explained about guarantee's..can anyone tell me what other companies are guarantees are?
and...stop with this false advertising, learn the law man...this isn't, since it wasn't made public, I never advertised, the site was intended for interal use..is that a good enough answer for you...?

No one else has a guarantee, but you claim smileys is the best and it will always have the flavor it is supposed to do, well, with a statement like that there better be a guarantee

The website not being made public???? Are you serious, it is on the internet, it is listed when searching, it is obvious public, weither you meant it to be there or not it is made public, and it is held liable for false advertising

I myself was always a Cookie Crisp kinda guy...

OPD, I must say, I've dealt with alot of distributors in my time, and none of them were even close to unaccomadating as you. I recall once at a food show, when I mentioned that I wasn't entirely certain about the quality of their roast beef product, I walked out with an entire roast. The guy just literally picked it up and threw it out me saying "Please, sample it at your liesure!" I was blown away, I recommended it to my current workplace, and they started carrying a bit of their products. They had faith.

All that aside, I've also dealt with hundreds of people. Plain, ordinary, everyday people. And few of them have ever made the sort of excuses for their conduct and actions like you have.

"Dude, whats with this website"

"Whos cares? I didn't TELL you about it, so ignore it"

Are you kidding me?

I think I should also mention that while perhaps the FORUM isnt you're biggest seller...that really shouldn't be your concern. Your concern you should be is actually getting MORE customers, no matter who they should be.

And one more point...this forum contains alot of heavy hitters that you would be interested selling to, that cvan see how you act as a business, and how you handle business. Hookah Kings, Taqseem, Hookah Shisha, Several hookah bars and clubs, Social Smoke...all these huge purchase opportunities, (that I'm sure you would love having buy loads off of you) can and ARE reading these threads. If you can't impress a bunch of lowly forum goers (to the extent of telling everybody they aren't important) why would they want to bother with you? I don't know what you would call that exactly, but I call it moronic.

Sorry for the length again...My 5 cents.
~~Macho

QUOTE (Macho555 @ Jul 11 2007, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I myself was always a Cookie Crisp kinda guy...

OPD, I must say, I've dealt with alot of distributors in my time, and none of them were even close to unaccomadating as you. I recall once at a food show, when I mentioned that I wasn't entirely certain about the quality of their roast beef product, I walked out with an entire roast. The guy just literally picked it up and threw it out me saying "Please, sample it at your liesure!" I was blown away, I recommended it to my current workplace, and they started carrying a bit of their products. They had faith.

All that aside, I've also dealt with hundreds of people. Plain, ordinary, everyday people. And few of them have ever made the sort of excuses for their conduct and actions like you have.

"Dude, whats with this website"

"Whos cares? I didn't TELL you about it, so ignore it"

Are you kidding me?

I think I should also mention that while perhaps the FORUM isnt you're biggest seller...that really shouldn't be your concern. Your concern you should be is actually getting MORE customers, no matter who they should be.

And one more point...this forum contains alot of heavy hitters that you would be interested selling to, that cvan see how you act as a business, and how you handle business. Hookah Kings, Taqseem, Hookah Shisha, Several hookah bars and clubs, Social Smoke...all these huge purchase opportunities, (that I'm sure you would love having buy loads off of you) can and ARE reading these threads. If you can't impress a bunch of lowly forum goers (to the extent of telling everybody they aren't important) why would they want to bother with you? I don't know what you would call that exactly, but I call it moronic.

Sorry for the length again...My 5 cents.
~~Macho

Macho,
your not getting what I am saying..I understand what you people are telling me, but you have never scratched down ideas and worked with them, not wanting them to be made public and they were, ok..so google did some spidering and caught a back/small site that was online that I am working on privately.
I understand there are heavy hitters in this forum, but the people who have written me privately have shown interest in the product and you know what will most likely buy from me...I think you all want a new brand and also realize that smiley's is a good product.
i am not going to sit here in a pissing match with you or anyone today on this board...
Please tell me, What questions haven't I answered?
I am willing to send out samples....stores/distributors will get samples for free, no questions, if your single person who wants to try it, I have given you options for that as well, I feel I am more than accomadating,
I don't see another company on this thread even hinting at a free sample do you?
why such angst against me? have I done anything to you personally for this attack?
you called a moron, that is attacking..

I don't see another company on this thread even hinting at a free sample do you?

Well, you have not been on these forums long enough, but another American Made shisha manufacturer, used to give out free samples every month

I have a question about Smiley's shisha. When testing quality, and trying out new batches/recipes.. Do you only use smiley's glass bowls? This could have a major impact on quality and taste, if the tobacco is geared towards using glass bowls as opposed to using ceramic or clay...