Cigars

SmokingDjinn

I was an avid cigar smoker before I even decided to purchase a hookah. A premium hand rolled cigar is in my opinion one of the finest forms of smoke. I was wondering if anyone else here enjoys cigars? What type of stuff do you like? I enjoy Padron's, Ghurka's, CAO's, ISOM's, and 5 vegas to name a few.

i like padrons and ghurkas out o[f your list..

anyone try rocky patels newest cigar, the decade, yet?

its pretty good, guess it took him 2 years t[o make this cigar and he wont tell anyone what is in it

also had the oliva the other day tht scored a 94 on cigar aficionado

QUOTE (SmokingDjinn @ Dec 14 2007, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No I have not tried it but I really enjoy RP edge and vintage.

if u like those two then i recommend tryin the RP decade and the virgin sun grown maduro..

also if u like strong cigars ttry the camacho diplomat.. by far the strongest cigar i have ever had

Not much of a good selection within my price range from the shops nearby, so I tend to stick to the occasional H. Upmann but grab a pack of Backwoods every now and then when I need a nicotine fix and don't have the nargileh with me.

I've never really smoked anything aside from hookahs, however I'd kind of like to try cigars sometime.

Flavor wise, how do they compare to hookah? Being straight tobacco, I'd imagine they're... darker, if that's the right word? Heavier maybe?

If any of you could maybe offer contrasts between shisha and a cigar, I'd appreciate it. Also maybe what you guys would recommend for a first smoke?

QUOTE (lonasindi @ Dec 17 2007, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've never really smoked anything aside from hookahs, however I'd kind of like to try cigars sometime.

Flavor wise, how do they compare to hookah? Being straight tobacco, I'd imagine they're... darker, if that's the right word? Heavier maybe?

If any of you could maybe offer contrasts between shisha and a cigar, I'd appreciate it. Also maybe what you guys would recommend for a first smoke?

I'll jump on this as well. I'm a cigar Virgin [No laughing at the back] And wouldn't mind knowing what/how expectations are, flavours and what's good for a noob!

JD - Noob!

Well, I will try to explain. Cigars are nothing, absolutely nothing, like shisha. They have a natural tobbacco taste, that is much more earthy and toasty tasting. It's kind of hard to explain if you have never smoked one. For beginers I would reccomend starting out with something mild, such as a Macanudo, Arturo Fuente, or Monte Cristo. I would not reccomend inhaling the smoke, rather puff the cigar and enjoy the flavour on your palate. They are very good after a meal, and compliment coffee quite well. JD: since you live in the UK, you also have access to Cuban's, you lucky devil, although I don't know if I would reccomend starting out with one of these as they are pretty strong.

QUOTE (SmokingDjinn @ Dec 17 2007, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I will try to explain. Cigars are nothing, absolutely nothing, like shisha. They have a natural tobbacco taste, that is much more earthy and toasty tasting. It's kind of hard to explain if you have never smoked one. For beginers I would reccomend starting out with something mild, such as a Macanudo, Arturo Fuente, or Monte Cristo. I would not reccomend inhaling the smoke, rather puff the cigar and enjoy the flavour on your palate. They are very good after a meal, and compliment coffee quite well. JD: since you live in the UK, you also have access to Cuban's, you lucky devil, although I don't know if I would reccomend starting out with one of these as they are pretty strong.

Thanks smile.gif

How does that work with the strength thing if you don't inhale?

Also - If people wanted Cuban... I could get them from london and ship them!

JD

QUOTE (lonasindi @ Dec 17 2007, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

usually a cigar tastes spicy, "nutty", earthy or like coffee.. or a mixture of a couple..

for a first smoke i would reccomend the romeo and julieta habana, it is a fairly new cigar to the market but had a mild to medium body (it shouldnt kick your ass) Edited by ASUSEAN1

QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Dec 17 2007, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (SmokingDjinn @ Dec 17 2007, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks smile.gif

How does that work with the strength thing if you don't inhale?

Also - If people wanted Cuban... I could get them from london and ship them!

JD

nicotine is absorbed into the pallet of your mouth and goes directly into your blood stream,

put it this way, i cant get a buzz off a cigarette but some cigars (only a few) can kick my ass

and jd, i would take your offer to ship them but i dont want customs to take away a box of cigars if they find them. although, there is a site tht will ship cubans to the US and if you get caught they ship u a new box free of charge Edited by ASUSEAN1

QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Dec 15 2007, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I smoke Monte Cristos and Romeo y Julietas.

I completely agree.
From all the cigar's i've tried its extremely hard to beat a good Romeo y Julieta, and after returning home to the USA i've had trouble finding cigars that even match the distinct flavor of a good cuban cigar.