People These Days...

As much as I hate CNN for it's biased point of view, read this

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/16/miami.preacher/index.html

This guy says he's jesus...He has gotten a S*** load of money already and i guess a lot of followers. He says theres no such thing as sin and no one can do wrong in god's eyes... I don't even believe in god, but wow this is ridiculous.

I won't even read that! Whatever floats his F'n boat! To the people that follow him they are just insecure and need something to believe in. Whatever

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (GordonMac @ Apr 20 2007, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (The King @ Apr 9 2007, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just how retarded would you have to be to believe in him... His teaching doesn't even make sense to the christian religion

how retarded would you have to be to believe jesus?

Well, I don't believe in him, but don't think people are retarded for doing it. People are raised around the religion and brought up in the church. Also, it gives people a sense of security. So you saying you must be retarded to believe in Jesus is just stupid and probably insulting to others.

Ahh, but if you were indeed Buddha you would have no need for money as you would have freed yourself from the binds of want and need.

Namaste biggrin.gif Edited by Shavo989

QUOTE (ghostofdavid @ Apr 21 2007, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (The King @ Apr 9 2007, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just how retarded would you have to be to believe in him... His teaching doesn't even make sense to the christian religion

I'll take you up on that. Unpack what you are saying and I'd love to dialogue about this further.

Well for a quick example not lookin it up again, he says there is no such thing as sin, and nothing is wrong.

QUOTE (The King @ Apr 23 2007, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ghostofdavid @ Apr 21 2007, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (The King @ Apr 9 2007, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll take you up on that. Unpack what you are saying and I'd love to dialogue about this further.

Well for a quick example not lookin it up again, he says there is no such thing as sin, and nothing is wrong.

Hahah, I totally read that wrong. I thought you meant the Historical Jesus and not this modern yahoo.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (The King @ Apr 20 2007, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (GordonMac @ Apr 20 2007, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (The King @ Apr 9 2007, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how retarded would you have to be to believe jesus?

Well, I don't believe in him, but don't think people are retarded for doing it. People are raised around the religion and brought up in the church. Also, it gives people a sense of security. So you saying you must be retarded to believe in Jesus is just stupid and probably insulting to others.

I didn't mean to say that people that follow jesus are retarded, i just meant to draw a connection to the people beliving in this "new" jesus and the ones that belive in the old one. probably back then people that belived in jesus were considered morons but now look, almost all of america.

I don't believe in him, so it's hard to argue this side of it... I have no idea how he got people to believe...I think religion has always been there as a way of keeping people in line by the thought of a higher being and the consequences of committing sins.