Smoking Or Non-smoking?

While celebrating a friend's birthday at an Olive Garden, my friends and I pondered what the situation would be if we were to unveil our hookah in the middle of the table and enjoy some clouds while we awaited our meal?

I mean, what's the difference? If anything, it's probably less harmful to bystanders and hell knows it'd be more pleasant than a goddamn cigarette. tongue.gif

If you're willing to humor me, I really do anticipate your opinions.

QUOTE (bmjezekiel @ Mar 21 2007, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While celebrating a friend's birthday at an Olive Garden, my friends and I pondered what the situation would be if we were to unveil our hookah in the middle of the table and enjoy some clouds while we awaited our meal?

I mean, what's the difference? If anything, it's probably less harmful to bystanders and hell knows it'd be more pleasant than a goddamn cigarette. tongue.gif

If you're willing to humor me, I really do anticipate your opinions.

I'd ask the manager before doing so. Even though it's no worse than a cigarette and a lot more pleasant, it should still be the manager's decision. And your decision on whether to spend money there again, depending on his or her answer smile.gif.

Who was it that did that in Denny's I believe or was it IHOP. Said the manager told them to put it out, while they went to TGI Fridays or something along those lines and they didn't care at all. Definitely ask the manager first before you light that coal.

I'd ask first. If the manager doesn't want you smoking shisha, you won't be. Same as if the manager only allowed hookahs and pipes instead of cigarettes. His/her call. If they won't let you, they sacrifice any money you would have spent there. But if you ask nicely (maybe call it a "water pipe"), you'll have a decent chance. And if you find a place that lets you smoke, I'd go back quite often.

I'd guess that Olive Garden is probably a no, though.

If you see others light up a cig, do this;

Act offended.

It works every time if the person has any idea what Hookah is and in our area, there's a whole bunch of Hookah bars so it works every time. You don't even have to ask the manager (again, in my area (DC/Maryland).

I've smoked Hookah in about 10 diff. restaurants that don't even have Hookah but I can guarantee you that Olive Garden don't. Don't even bother. They're ignorant about it but like everyone said, it depends on the manage. Don't really care since there are so many better places. Edited by Gaara