Avoiding Hangovers..blah I Need Advice..

jerjer72

I got one normal sized gatoraid..orange flavored for after I drink beer and I was wondering if one will be enough cuz that is all I bought. I hope it will be fine. I am just drinking like 4-6 beers so I should be just drunk not falling over and can't get up drunk. I had 4 beers last night and just drank a small amount of water before bed..and I ended up sleeping all day till 6:00pm huh.gif Not sure if that has to do with the drinking or not.

I just want to know if I need to go out and get another one before I start my drinking. I work tomorrow night so I want to feel fine for tomorrow. I don't want to feel drained like I do right now. I feel exauhsted..

I hope you guys know what I should do. I know 4 beers is not much but beer effects me more than hard alcohol for some reason. I can drink half a bottle of hard alcohol and feel the same as a few beers. Not sure how that works. I get a more head drunk on beer. Hard alcohol I feel it more on my body..like walking wize and what not. I guess it depends how many beers..or whatever.. still I just think it doesn't take much beers for me. I'm not too tall or big so maybe that has to do with it..lol..

frankley, hangovers occur due to dehydration, causing high blood pressure (headaches) and the loss of vitamin K.

I recommend drinking a glass of water in between drinks take a multi before bed, and/or eat something.

But then, I've never gotten a hangover... I might have once, but I'm sure the demerol (sp?) blocked anything that might have been. Edited by cypherkk

uh well i usually pop about 4 advil in the morning and im good baby. depends how big you are though. im 6'3 and about 320lbs. i can put down 10-12 and be good. id reccomend, if you can do it, chug a bottle of water before bed. gatoraid is good in the morning, so is water. i usually chug a bottle in the morning after drinking.

Yeah, i would drink a few glasses of either water, gatorade, juice etc. if you can, hard to drink a lot of fluid after all ready filling up on beer. But it definatly helps me to not feel sick in the morning.

Oh and just a completely new thing to me, I just heard yesterday that peanuts help, like a handful of peanuts. Don't hold me to it, I've never tried it.

As a bartender, I've heard them all... and tried most.

Honestly, the best one I've found is: hair of the dog. Have another drink of whatever you drank most of the night before, but just one or two, so you can ease your body down. For me, that would be gin.

Now, if you were out til 3 and you have to be up and alert for 9, a totally different approach is needed. If you're like me, once you get into bed and the world is spinning around, you don't get out of bed until it stops and you feel better. This is will normally occur in the afternoon. What I do when I have to be up early is STAY AWAKE (by force, if you must), and do not stop drinking that water. Usually, for me that means digging a pen or pocketknife or something into my thigh, and about 10 bottles or water. If I go to bed, I'll be a ghost until 2 days later. Don't take advil if you threw up, because your stomach will be empty and that will really hurt when your brain decides to work again.

If you do throw up, in the morning eat honey on toast and yes, gatoraid or similar to replace the lost nutrients. I can't stand it, but tomato juice will kick start your gastro-intestinal system... you can combine this with hair of the dog and make a caesar (invented in my hometown of calgary, thank you very much. I worked under the bar manager who first cooked it up).

It helps if you have someone to talk to to pass the time. Or a mirror. Or something incredibly stimulating and not overly complex. Hookah is out; don't even try, unless you live next to a fire hall and have lots of burn ointment on hand. Playing jacks or pick up sticks is a good one. I'm 22 and jacks is the best thing ever. Or pogs.

Oh man I need help.

Sorry Akkbar - The above is a terribe idea, vis-a-vie Hair of the dog!

As other's have made mention a hangover is caused by lack of water and higher pressure blood.

Drink water during you drinking sessions. Or, at the very least, drink a pint of water before heading to bed.

In the morning i personally recommend a full english breakfast :-
Eggs, Bacon, Sausages, Bubble 'n Squeak, Beans, Toast.

Large Orange Juice laced with dispersable asprin. Tea. Strong biggrin.gif

OK, OK, OK. so just the OJ & Asprin will do the job nicely. But i still recommend the rest!

JD

Even though it sounds sketchy, the drinking away the hangover actually works. Last weekend, I took about 15 shots of captain being an idiot, weighing about 125 im a light wieght. Anyways, That was still pretty early, like 2 in the afternoon, so after playing some poker and watching football, i headed home and passed out at like 5. My phone finally woke me up at 9, because I had made plans with someone else. Of course I felt like complete shit, but I went out anyways. And what did my friend have with him, more Captain Morgan. I made a weak captain and coke, about 3 shots in a bottle of coke, and drank that down, right away i felt better, had a little buzz, and the hangover was gone.

So if you can stomach it, try just makin a weak mixed drink to cure that hangover.

P.S. I'm actually somewhat hungover right now

hair of the dog that bit you.

its an ancient roman cure/dogma that states that the cure for your ailment is found in the cause. more specifically, it was thought that if one was bit by a dog, and the wound got infected, using the hair of said dog as a medicine (i cant remember how) was supposed to cure you.

this is what works for me.