Weekly Dc/nova Area Meetup.

camelflage

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charles Martin here (in Iraq). I met with some of you, when I was in Lorton. We met at the place in Chantilly. My first time with rose-flavored tobacco.

• 2 weeks later...
well, if anyone is in the DC area today and wants to smoke me up...
I have a class trip to Smithsonian, I'm leaving to catch the van in 5

we will be down there from around 1pm to 430pm

just look for me either in the space exibit or the smoker's area outside

I'll be wearing my brown cabbi/commi hat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I live in NW DC and smoke shisha regularly. Here are reviews of some of the cafes I've been to in the DC area. Would welcome your opinions about others.

Lebnan Zaman (Tyson's area in VA):
Still my favorite place. Nothing fancy, plain chairs and tables, so-so service, but good Lebanese food and consistently good shisha. They keep their pipes clean, and separated by flavor. If you order strawberry, it tastes like strawberry, not like mint or whatever flavor the last person smoked in it. This is a constant problem for me in nearly every other cafe I have been to in this area. They have outside seating, but it's tough to get an outside table after 8p. Mostly middle eastern crowd. Shisha is around $10.

Queen's Hookah (DC Adams Morgan, 18th St.)
Comfortable - cushioned couches, nice atmosphere. Excellent service. Diverse crowd. Shisha is not bad, around $10. Have not eaten there, so don't know about their food.

Prince Cafe (18th & Belmont, Adams Morgan)
Horrible shisha - don't waste your time or money. Nice location with scenic outside patio, but that's all it has going for it.

Chi Cha Lounge (16th St., U St. corridor)
Not bad...not Arabic (South American), and it's a bar scene nights and weekends. Comfortable furniture, cool atmosphere, a couple of sidewalk tables. Food is served as tapas and is pretty good. Reasonably priced for DC. I had shisha there one afternoon a week ago, and it was only $8. Not sure if it was a special happy-hour price.

Cairo Cafe (Landmark West, Little River Tnpk, VA)
This is an Egyptian-owned restaurant that serves shisha. I've been there 3x. Although the family that owns it is very nice, I was not crazy about the food or the shisha. It's been in business for awhile now, so obviously there are people who like it.

Alf Layla (Chantilly, VA):
Have been there twice, but it was long ago. Went with my cousins and their wives and kids. The owner/host acted snooty, and pissed my cousins off. People were very dressed up, lots of couples, mostly Arabs. It was expensive. The shisha was just ok. Food was good. A friend went there 2 weeks ago for her graduation party, and said the shisha was really good, so maybe it has improved.

Prince Cafe (Skyline, Falls Church, VA)
This used to be my favorite shisha spot years ago, but the shisha, food, service, and atmosphere deteriorated and I don't go there anymore.

Aladdin Cafe (Skyline, Falls Church, VA)
The shisha was just ok. Food was good. Service was horrible. One night, the music was so loud I couldn't have a conversation with my friend.

There are 2 or 3 other shisha cafes in the Skyline area that I've tried but can't remember their names. The bottom line is, the only consistently good smoking experience I've found in this area is at Lebnan Zaman. I don't like having to trek all the way out there to smoke; their plastic chairs are uncomfortable after the first hour; and the service is not great, but going anywhere else is almost always a disappointment and a waste of money. Edited by dc denizen