Ufo's

Lakemonster

SO.... I made a post about Bigfoot awhile back and it made a few pages worth of opinions... I did a dearch about a UFO topic and came up short... hope I didnt overlook something...

OK... so I have seen something in my lifetime that I would consider a "bigfoot"... It would seem like I would be a bit of a fruitcase to also admit seeing UFO's in the sky as well........ but, I have to admit that I have.

First off... I spent my childhood when I saw Bigfoot in the Ouachita MTNS during my preteen years...

I then moved to Cottonwood AZ and lived there for 5 years...

In that time I witnessed two incendents of truly unexplainable phenomenon in the sky.

The first had to be in 1990..... I must have beenb 13 going on 14.... I was standing in the back yard of my home and noticed a glimmering object to the east hovering in the sky above the Sedona skyline....

I did note, as did my parents that the craft was hoviering around the Sedona Municipal Airport... so we thought it was hsome sort of helicopters reflection in the late evening sun. The object rose and declined in altitude several times over the course of 15 minhutes... all of us found it odd that a craft would occupy the airspace around an airport for such a time... would interfere with incoming and outgoing flight....

After this... the craft angled upward and to the south at an alarming rate...soemthing that would seem to defy the ability of the pilot to survive given the "G" force that the manuever must have exerted.. The object accelerated to the south at such a rate that the it finally became a streak of light in the southeast sky.... it dissapeared as that streak over the southern horizon.... around the Beaver Creek Area.

My second sighting of a UFO occured during my Senior Year... where I went camping way up in Clear Creek Canyon (past Bullpen)...

It was around 2 in the morning when a circular blue light with a red dot in the center came straight down over the campsite.... it started out being about 1/8 inch in diameter when we (buddy and I were camping) noticed the decent.... then at it fullest was about 1 inch in diameter in the sky as we looked on it. Several campsites nearby were aroused by the light and went outside their tents to have a look at what
was in the sky. The event took 45 minutes... the craft did not move in any direction except near and far.... no side to side movement. The next day........ I felt as if I had been drugged or something..... a lethargy and euphoria along with a sensativity to light... none of os had been drinking or enganged in substance abuse.... was strange....

I have never seen "little green men" or give much creedence to the "alien" stuff...... but I believe that UFO's in whateve capacity exist.... dont know what to make of it to this day.

You are going to think I am bullshitting Lake but a very similar thing happened when I was driving to a friends house out in Boyd about 15 years ago.
I saw three lights that looked a little like stars but seemed a bit out of place while driving on 114 West in the boonies.
They seemed too close to be stars but it was hard to judge distance. I pulled over to look and could multitask by taking a piss and I stood next to my car watching. What was different besides there being three is that after a short time they went from not moving at all to slowly moving a little upward and East and about the time I was trying to grasp if they really were moving or if I just stared too long and it was an effect from that, they shot at an upward angle to the East at breakneck speed. I can honestly say it scared the shit out of me and all of my friends I told thought I was totally bullshitting them.
Oh, and Shiner was no where around so he can't be blamed wink.gif

To be frank, I don't really believe that UFO's are alien spacecraft. I've never experienced a sighting, so I have no idea what people have been seeing. Sure, we may not be the only planet with life in the universe, but in perspective, we can look out a pretty far distance in a bunch of different ways from our small little planet in one of billions or more galaxies, and have yet to see any evidence of life out there. Additionally, as far as I know the types of UFO's seen usually aren't the same exact ones as other sightings, and I don't know why a bunch of different aliens would continue to look at us without trying to contact us or reacting in some way.

I think that their are two items that one should allways keep in mind when considering this subject :-

1. It's Nieve to think that we would be totally alone in this universe.
2. If someone has the technology to fly interstella travel... why are they skulking around & abusing cattle?

I am bloody sure that we have had visitors from other worlds, but it's more likely they parked out of the way
and just had a nose around? Having said that i'm fairly sure that if we ever had alien invasion we would be 100% shafted.

To quote from the last line of the 'interstella song' From Monty Python's meaning of life as sung by Eric Idle.....
"You'd better pray that their is some intelligent life somewhere up in space....'cause their's bugger all down here on earth"

JD

ive seen two accounts of wierd shit in the sky that has to have been nothing man made. ill tell the story when i get to work since i gotta go there in 10 mins

Ok at work now.
Thes 1st time I saw something strange in the sky was back in 2003 i remember i was in year 8 and i went out to the car to get something out of it, this was at 2 in the morning and on a cloudy night, as i was going out towards the car i noticed a round object about half the size of the moon just sitting in the sky I went and got the things out of the car then something about it didnt seem right i thought that object in the sky was the moon at the time but it was to cloudy for the moon to be showing so i just dropped everything that i got out of the car and just looked at it, it was changing colours from red to green to blue and it was moving in a triangular pattern. I watched it for a minute before running inside to get my mum to come see it as well. we both watched it for about 5 minutes before it just zipped off above the clouds.

2nd time was about 2 months ago me and my mate were comming back from a hookah bar and he left his car at my place so we pulled into the driveway and we both got out. again it was a cloudy night it would have been close to midnight and i saw a red dot moving back and forth in the sky and once again it was below the clouds since i could not see any stars or the moon that night we watched it for about 10 minutes untill i had the idea to run inside and grab my laser pointer to hit the thing (i have a highpowered green laser that can hit way abouve the clouds) but by the time i came out to hit it it had gone away.. well thats my sighting of them, i dont know wether they are really inteligant life or some bizare phenomena but i think they were interesting eather way Edited by evlspcmk

QUOTE (Lakemonster @ Feb 22 2007, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do tell!

I know there are a few AZ cats in here...... even my wife saw this stuff as a kid....

Y'all are out there.
I think it's common here in Arizona. About 5 years ago I would drive back and forth between Yuma and Tucson every weekend for a job I had. West of Gila Bend about 25 miles is a really lonely place. I was driving along at 75 when a "odd" light caught my attention. Red...Green...Blue. Over and over again. The more startling thing about the light was it's movement. It could shoot across the sky(leaving a huge tracer) appear to hover and then shoot back over to where it came from. I actually pulled over the car and got out to watch and I wasn't the only one either. It lasted for 10 or 15 minutes before it shot out and left. Certainly left me wondering what the F*** it was. This wasn't the only time I saw odd lights out in the desert but certainly the most impressive.

There is something strange going on out in the desert and I'm sure that I don't know what it is.

QUOTE (Lakemonster @ Feb 22 2007, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The next day........ I felt as if I had been drugged or something..... a lethargy and euphoria along with a sensativity to light... none of os had been drinking or enganged in substance abuse.... was strange....

Hey, as long as your ass wasn't sore when you woke up! tongue.gif

I Like it when they grope me.

Seriously, I'm always ready to accept what some consider to be the unexplained. Everyone has so far said something to the affect "we can't be the only ones in this universe." And I'm sure someone else has to be there. And I damned sure hope someone else out there is smarter than we are. We need all the help we can get, provided kind intentions are at the forefront. And Johnny_D, how about those crop circles over in your neck of the woods? But there are a couple points to make here:

1. UFO's aren't necessarily alien craft. It is an acronym meaning Unidentified Flying Object. Remember, we always see things we can't immediately identify. Like MRS Bubble in the AM. biggrin.gif God I hope she doesn't see that one. So, just because we can't readily tell what it is we just saw doesn't mean it is a martian. Now upon further investigation/observation on our part, we still can't identify what we're looking at, then it's safe to assume the Russians have something to do with it. Oh, another time. We can assume we are witnessing something extra ordinary.

2. Notice that reports from say, the time I was a kid, to what is reported now is vastly different in description. Back in the 60's and early 70's, they always were reported as being round and shiny. You know, like a saucer or a ladies hat. Remember Lost In Space and Forbidden Planet and such? Round and sleek and just cool. When Star Wars came out, UFO sightings were described as being rectangular or other shapes other than saucer shaped. Now, we hear reports of them being "inverted diamond" and other weird shapes. Now, did the aliens watch these flicks and get the feeling that their round craft weren't efficient after all or just weren't trendy enough for us feeble Earthlings? Reports change as movies become more sophisticated.

But yes, I believe in UFO's. There are a number of things I can't readily identify. And yes, I believe a fraction of sightings are beings from other planets, but only a fraction. The rest are a product of our pop-culture.

No.. no sore backside....

No implants.

Another thing is that the Governmanet after the Phoenix lights have decided that aircraft flares are a great "knee-jerk" explaination for lights in the sky.... there have been reports around the country since Phoenix and the AF bases keep saying the same thing... an excercize involving flares.

Guess the swamp gas thing was gettin old.

QUOTE (Lakemonster @ Feb 26 2007, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No.. no sore backside....

No implants.

Another thing is that the Governmanet after the Phoenix lights have decided that aircraft flares are a great "knee-jerk" explaination for lights in the sky.... there have been reports around the country since Phoenix and the AF bases keep saying the same thing... an excercize involving flares.

Guess the swamp gas thing was gettin old.
I've seen the Phoenix lights (I live in Scottsdale) and bought into the aircraft flares...You think there is a possibility it is something else? I gotta admit they didn't seem to fall out of the sky like you would expect a flare to do dry.gif

You would think that if they knew they were going to do the flares that maybe they would announce beforehand that there will be flares and that everybody should expect to see something?

OOoooooOOOHHHH, better yet call their asses out on it and say "Okay guys, tell us when and they will do it and we can see if they can reproduce what people have seen? Does that make sense to anybody else? Edited by Scalliwag

QUOTE (Scalliwag @ Feb 26 2007, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You would think that if they knew they were going to do the flares that maybe they would announce beforehand that there will be flares and that everybody should expect to see something?

OOoooooOOOHHHH, better yet call their asses out on it and say "Okay guys, tell us when and they will do it and we can see if they can reproduce what people have seen? Does that make sense to anybody else?

I thought it but I was too lazy to type it. Yes! I agree!

QUOTE (Scalliwag @ Feb 26 2007, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OOoooooOOOHHHH, better yet call their asses out on it and say "Okay guys, tell us when and they will do it and we can see if they can reproduce what people have seen? Does that make sense to anybody else?
Makes perfect sense!...

Yeah, but if the military announced when they do flare manuvers, then the info could be used by TERRORISTS to blow up our whole country! Your either with us, or your against us. When you ask about flares, it jeapordizes the safety of our troops in Iraq. Don't you support our troops, or are you...gasp...UNPATRIOTIC? rolleyes.gif

1. The fact that we exist, organisms, on earth, is a one in a trillion chance
The odds that somehow organisms came to existence through some crazy collision of molecules is a one in a trillion chnace
The odds that we evolved to the state we are at today is a one in a million chance
The odds that we are not too close or too far from the sun ( our climate is perfect for life) and that we live in a relatively asteroid free zone, as well as have a protective atmosphere is a one in a billion chance

2. All those odds would apply to aliens

3. Your dealing with a one in a trillion chance that they exist, but it is possible. One in a trillion does not equal impossible
Not to mention the thousands (or millions, how do we know?) of other galaxies in existence. The more galaxies, the more chance of alien existence. I think of alien existence as a simple equation, instead of as a philosophical theory

G = # number of galaxies

G

Theres another way of looking at it too.

Imagine if the USA DID infact know of or is responsible for a UFO scenario, wouldnt the flare idea be a great feasable explanation for sightings?

Think about it.... what great deniability.....maybe we were testing top secret technology, it would be best to divert the idea of its existance with the familiar. If it were another countries technology...... then it would make sense to explain it away with flares to keep widespread panic in check. OMG! the Russians are abducting us and mutilating our catle, IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU!!! (that type of hysteria). It would also let keep the rest of the world from knowing just how vulnerable we might be. Better to keep things on the "down low" even if it is a "homegrown" craft.

One thing to think about.... Roswell wasnt the only instance of supposed crashes and recovery of UFO (or at least supposed) craft. The Russian have footage of a "UFO" crash..... and there have been other video footage of crashes elsewhere that have not had any real explaination.

There has been one video of a crash I saw recently that I think is not a UFO at all....... but perhaps a "Willy Pete" artillery round rebounding of the ground and then going to pieces on the second impact. I think alot of it can be explained....