The Living Seas - Walt Disney World

sambookamax

It is a 6-million gallon aquarium with more than 65 species of marine life, including sharks, turtles, a sawfish, eagle rays and diverse, small tropical fish. Disney allows you to scuba dive in it..and the cost goes to the Wildlife Conservation Center! That is awesome in my book, basically I get to make a donation to a good cause and dive for my contribution! That Rocks! I think I just sold myself on going....

Well, I went...and it was absolutely amazing! Well worth the money, and knowing that the money went to the Wildlife Conservation Fund made it a win-win situation!

This tank was HUGE! 6 million gallons of water!

The sharks were really cool, one of them was about 10+ ft. Ohhh and my dive buddy pointed to my right, and I looked to see what he was telling me...and an 800lb turtle was swimming right at me, so I got the F outta his way! lol

Before the descent, the dive master told us to "look for sharks, so you don't land on one", I thought no big deal...then I looked down before my descent and the 10ft'r was right below me! I waited til he moved before my descent, ahahaha!

Ohh another cool part was swimming by the restaurant windows...and waving to the people eating dinner...and also swimming up to the windows within the aquarium, and entertaining the people. I bet it looked pretty cool from their side as well...seeing these divers in the tank with all the fishes, sharks, stingrays, and turtles...

I "may" have the video of this dive and will post it on youtube if I can get my hands on it...I plan on going back in a month or so with my gf, to do this dive again with her. I will buy that video when I go...so if I don't post this one, I will post the next one...

QUOTE (kornkitten42 @ Feb 24 2007, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have always wanted to do that. i always say... next time... everytime i go ;)Also remember it's the year of a million dreams! good luck with that too, maybe you'll spend the nighti n cinderella's castle!!!! wink.gif

I tried to hookup with Cinderella, but she was still mad at me for the last time I slept over her castle...pulled her hair a little to hard I guess!? lol