Throw The Tongs And Coals Away

Hmm...the idea is incredibly interesting, and if it can ever be done in a simple way it will probably shoot of quickly. As far as I go though, I'm with Scheetz...it just seems like another chunk of equipment to find a spot of the shelf for and make the smoking that much more complicated...does a hookah really need a wire?

QUOTE (cymptom @ Feb 21 2007, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Joe touches on something that I think is the biggest problem with electric heating: burning charcoal usually ends up prevailing because of the temperature increase when you inhale.

I just set my bowl on fire while smoking on my car. Had the air conditioning on (It's a heat wave! 38 degrees!!!) and turns out the vent was pointing right at it. Noticed it was harsh as hell, looked over and saw flames laugh.gif

Like I said, I AM The Pyrotechnical Nightmare smile.gif The vent was going full blast because the sun was shining on me in the car, and since the coals get hotter when you blow on them... *POOF*

Here's an off the wall idea to try...

Why not take a flat, coal-sized chunk of pummus stone (the stuff they sell to scrub dead skin off your feet), place it on the foil, and then place the ceramic heater on top of that?

I suggest this for two reasons...
1) It will create some space between the heater and the shisha, and you may not overheat the shisha that way, and
2) It is very porous (full of holes) so when you inhale, air will flow through it, and in theory, you will draw the hotter air down through the shisha ONLY when you inhale.

This is all just speculation on my part, but certainly worth a try.

Sorry guys havnt had a chance to really get a 2nd chance at it. I am also in desperate need of a new hose, which I hope to be ordering soon. Along with the dial thing, I will hopefully be able to do it soon.... colds suck by the way its that stupid one where I cough alot.

Hmm the whole reason behind why coals win out, i think i have an answer. Could use the human body as a circuit biggrin.gif Have 2 ends on the tip of a metal tip hose, that run down the hose, to a connector at the end, that would connect to wires running to it. When someone puts there lips on it to smoke, if i remeber right, you should be able to create a circuit. Not a strong one, just one enough to throw a switch to increase the voltage.

Or i could be smoking something other than hookah XD It is 2am and i did just pop 2 ambien tongue.gif

well, using the body as a conduit is...inventive, I have to say.

KISS. Have a button on the handle that slightly increases the temperature when pressed. then the user has an option to have more or less heat while inhaling.

Oops, I forgot. KISS. USE COALS!!!