Smiley Bowl And Glass Screen

mushrat

These are cool bowls. period. The design is nice and it fits on all my hookas including my qt.

The screen I have to admit being a might skeptical about. I got one with the single hole in the center.

So i put it on the smokey bowl, sitting right on my shisha and lo and behold it WORKED! Not only did it take less heat to smoke, but it kept the ash layer on the tobacco down to a bare mininum.

I;m presently using it on a mya bowl with the same great results.

• 2 weeks later...
it was okay for me. the screen with 3 holes is wayyy to hard to try and get coals around those holes. coals kept getting sucked into the holes and on the sides of the glass top. burning the shisha. so i just slap some tinfoil over the top and overall it works better then a ceramic bowl as far as heating the entire tobacco up.

10/10 for looks

8/10 for function

i got one with one hole in the screen to and this thing rocks!! just had a 50 min sesh with some sexy cherry. i started of with 2 of the coconut coals and went down to one that had broken when i ashed it. awesome bowl Smiley!

• 4 months later...
I've been reluctant to use the Smiley bowl for a number of reasons. Firstly is because I just didn't want to foul it up.smile.gif It looks great, I just didn't want to kill that luster. And also, it looks like it could potentially be a nightmare to clean. Well a last week I decided to throw caution to the wind and give it a try. Most definitely takes a different approach than your standard bowl or funnel. I have the screen with one hole in the middle and used 2 jap ez lights. Something I did notice is that it took a good 5-10 minutes to get the bowl to smoke, but once it did I enjoyed the swirling clouds as I pulled from it, after the ez lights burnt down I threw a 3k 33mm quicklight on top broken in half and continued to go at it. The bowl just kept going and going, I wasn't getting a burn taste, even though I could see the top level of the shisha turning black. I still got good flavor. Two hours in, I started to taste something that was just far too sweet for my taste buds. I was using Smileys Watermelon, and for some reason, it got too powerful. The bowl got pretty hot and I suspect that's why it gave me such a good session, because the whole bowl was being heated and not just the top. Letting it cool down, I took it apart and noticed that it basically formed a cone puck of dried shisha, only the bottom was left moist. I suppose this is the way you are meant to smoke an entire bowl. Most of the charred remained on the screen itself and could be chipped off with a kitchen knife or thumbnail. A few days later when I packed another one, I used a vacuum cleaner to get it started, I got smoke within a minute, seems to work quicker:). And again, the session lasted a good hour and a half, it didn't burn the shisha a lot. Cleanup was a little bit of a pain, but as I found out later, boiling things in Water with Baking Soda for a few minutes works wonders. It gets 90% of the charred black stuff off the bowl, and restores it's shine.

All in all, this is a great bowl and I would recommend it to people who have a little extra cash to burn, considering it's not exactly cheap, and a tad bit on the fragile side. Now to get that tulip bowl to check out next.