Pumpkin

imagelessdude

Yeah. I've heard nothing but negativity from here about it. Hm. Well heres what I think:

Hose: The hose it came with was quite short, and unbelievably stiff... so stiff that i almost knocked over the hookah setting it down. So I use my Syrian cobra.

Bowl: I actually like the bowl on this one.. I'd say its about 17-20g, ceramic, and it wasn't like spherical like the MYA bowls... has a flat bottom. Good for using a screen.

Grommets: The hose grommets that came with it are little... but if you put it deep in the hose socket... it'll hold any hose in just fine. The vase grommet... wow awesome. It's almost as nice as the silicone ones that you get with the mini MYA acrylics... only its rubber. Lol its ribbed.. and is very airtight without being difficult to get the stem on/off. The bowl grommet is kinda cheapie looking.. but it does the job with absolutely no problem.

Vase: This is where everyones problem was i think. Mines black... and even if it were clear... lets just say youll have one hell of a time trying to figure out how much water to put in this little guy. The first time, I didnt have enough... and the second... I was breathing in water. But once you get the hang of it, its not such an issue. The glass on the vase is a uniform thickness all around, and it must be fairly durable seeing as how it survived being in my backpack for a couple days.

Stem: Mine has pretty [but slightly cheesy] floral stuff on it, painted blue. Not ugly. Its a really narrow stem.. perhaps the diameter of a BIC pen. Yeah. Well, the bottom section is detachable for cleaning and has an o-ring. Not exactly the most useful feature but doesnt hurt. The purge valve functions as it should, and seals perfectly after blowing out the smoke. This hookah isn't adaptable for 2-hose configuration.

Tray: Well. Yuck. This hookah has a tiny and completely flat built-in [non removeable] tray. Shitty. You cant even tap/ash the coals on it. WTF. This is by far the biggest flaw for this hookah.

Overall: This isn't exactly a piece of crap, but it isn't a hookah for someone who doesnt know what theyre doing. I had a friend buy this as his first hookah, and now he doesnt smoke cause he had such a bad time with this hookah. Once you get it going right, it smokes fairly strong. Just be careful of your heat management, otherwise youll burn shisha quick.

Rating: With some practice and a different hose... 5.75/10

i agree on this not being a hookah for someone who doesnt know what they are doing. i think i have a good clue and it took me a couple tries to get it smoking well, but eventually i got it figured out.

notes:

the tray does suck. bad. so what i did was grab a tray from on of my egyptians and just slap it over that one. that way the pumpkin tray is a good stabilizer and you have lots more room to ash.

ive found that the water level on the pumpkin needs to be about .5 inch exactly to get the best smoke. more and you have almost no room for smoke, less and it doesnt smoke well.

i got mine for free so i think it is well worth what i paid for it smile.gif Edited by camelflage

• 2 months later...
Hey guys, I'm a new member here.

I have purchased a "Pumpkin" Hookah, and I personally love it.

It is different than the one above, though. Mine seems to have a better structure to it, along with a bit of a bigger bowl and tray.

I personally love mine. It hits perfectly with some ice in the bowl.

A few cons is the bowl's a bit shallow, and the hose is a little short, but I do not mind -- there's always upgrades available.

I burnt a bit of my Starbuzz shisha today in it, but it was the result of laziness. I did not pack the bowl well enough; I only used my tongs to do so. I also only used one layer of foil, and I will try double-layering up tomorrow.

Images of mine below:

I love this hookah -- it's my first one personally owned, but definitely not new to the Hookah experience.

Another fine quality about this hookah is that the grommets are very well made, mine is very air tight and secure.

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (Bryan @ Apr 18 2007, 04:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys, I'm a new member here.

I have purchased a "Pumpkin" Hookah, and I personally love it.

It is different than the one above, though. Mine seems to have a better structure to it, along with a bit of a bigger bowl and tray.

I personally love mine. It hits perfectly with some ice in the bowl.

A few cons is the bowl's a bit shallow, and the hose is a little short, but I do not mind -- there's always upgrades available.

I burnt a bit of my Starbuzz shisha today in it, but it was the result of laziness. I did not pack the bowl well enough; I only used my tongs to do so. I also only used one layer of foil, and I will try double-layering up tomorrow.

Images of mine below:

I love this hookah -- it's my first one personally owned, but definitely not new to the Hookah experience.

Another fine quality about this hookah is that the grommets are very well made, mine is very air tight and secure.

You hookah looks exactly like mine but my hose is black. I personally love this hookah because i can take it anyway and i comes with a nice box. For this hookah the set up must be perfect so that you can have a very thick smoke. The water level must be or atleast toacing 1.5 inch above the stem. 2 QL and you're ready to smoke. If it get too harsh just use one QL at a time and make sure they are glowing red before smoking because it will taste wierd and make you sick. The down side to this hookah is the vase size its small and thats mean small room for smoke but for my firsst hookah i give it a mad prob. 7 stars out of 10. peace keep smoking shisha guys

• 4 months later...
Semi Nub here, greets to all.

This was my first Hookah, just bought it today. Got gangraped on price (like 80$, probally could have got it off the net for 30ish , I'd guess). Was a local headshop and they didn't really know sht about hookahs. I guess I wasn't much better cause I bought the damn thing. But anyhow.

Seems to hit well, reminded me of the QT my cousin has. I really don't like the way the carb is, they need one that has a tube connected to it that goes all the way to the water so the air actually lifts UP (and thus grabs the smoke) instead of shooting an inch sideways and not doing much good. A smaller straw stuck in it did this but It looked ghetto.

I guess I'm happy. For what looks to be a no-name , gas station brand it at least works. It's not airtight but can be close to it, I had to rub some vaseline on the area where you connect the glass "vase<?>" to it to make it more airtight and that seemed to help alot, it is pretty close to being airtight but just isn't.

I'm probally biased though. I used this, and my cousins MYA QT "this way", last time using a hookah before this had to be 10 years ago and it sucked balls. Was completly non-airtight, had multi tubes, and basically most looked like shit. I have yet to try a "top of the line" hookah and would imagine i would see a big difference.

Don't know how much this will help since I can only judge it against the MYA QT but if Mya QT is a 10 this is about an 8.

would have been nice to have some tongs come with it. Edited by mushrat

• 4 weeks later...
I recenty bought a 2 hose mini pumpkin hookah. I heard good and bad reviews of this hookah, but I decided to give it a chance due to it's price. I paid $27 in NYC.

The good: Takes a short time to start hitting. Hits well. two hoses. Compact and portable. Price. Metal tips of hoses

Bad: need to break up cole so it doesn't burn after a while. The hoses are a bit short but are decent

• 1 month later...
I have one of these and i can't really say anything bad about it, mine is however slighty different, it has in the mid section a crystal section with a button that lights up LEDS so it glows blue or you can press it again and it has multicolored changing LEDs, and it smokes just as good as my other shishas

• 2 weeks later...
I just got one of these today, and its my first hookah. I actually like it, except for the shortness of the hoses.

I guess all my research paid off since I got it goin perfect for 3 smokes the first night. I just got some crappy coals that burn out quick, but they're self lighting which is convenient.

I have nothing bad to say about this, great bowl, awesome price (paid 20 new) and a pretty good beater pipe as my first. I also wont mind bringing this along to friends houses.

• 2 weeks later...
This was my first hookah. smile.gif I got a blue one with a clay bowl. A+ for portability, but the bowl is a bit small, and there isn't much room for ice (I perfected making cubes that fit in biggrin.gif ) About four weeks ago I went to the UK and when I got back two weeks later it was full of mold. In my rush to pack I forgot to clean it. sad.gif

Overall 7.5/10... if you can get it for less than $20; anything more is a ripoff. Edited by GinsuGuy585

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
i just got my pumpkin hookah in the mail yesterday, so far i've had 3 sessions with it and all i can say is i love it. i previously owned a 28" hookah, so going down to a 10" made me a bit skeptical of my new product's smoking ability at first. however the smoke is incredibly thick and milky and it pulls nicely. for me, the only downside is the small bowl that it comes with and the abnormally short hose, which makes it difficult to share (both of which can be upgraded). people on here comment about the tray being attached, which does kind of suck, but i use swiftlite coals and i have no problem whatsoever ashing them on the tray. the unit is completely air tight, very stable and sturdy.

when it comes to setting it up, i recommend filling the base about 2/3 with water and one or two ice cubes which you'll need to melt down to fit. on the small bowl it comes with i use a coal screen instead of foil and i start off with one coal at first. After the coal has made one rotation around the edge of the bowl i will then churn the shisha to bring the non burned stuff to the top and then add a second coal, even thicker, tastier smoke ensues.

overall, i give this product a good rating and good recommendation to anyone either looking for a persoanl hookah or to not spend much money. you don't have to be an expert hookah user to use it but it might take one or two sessions to figure out how to get it smoking the way you like.

I have a "blue disco pumpkin" and I personally love it for the ease of setting it up and traveling with it. I can through it in a small duffle bag with my namoor, coals, and shisha and take it wherever I want. Like what almost everyone on here has said is that it take the perfect amount of water and heat to get thick clouds. as for water I usually fill the base a 1/4 with crushed ice and then fill with cold water until about half way up the curve of the base.

I have only had a couple problems with this hookah, the base is wayyy to small to support the namoor as the handle itself is taller than the hookah. So I used silicon caulk and glued on a 6x6 inch kitchen tile as a base and know its almost impossible to knock it over. The other issue I have with it is that the rubber portion of the stem that goes into the base is really hard to put in so I ended up filing it down just a tad so that its still airtight but slides in easier.

Fresh out of the box I would give it a 5/10 but how I have mine id give it a 7/10 for its portability, simplicity, and cost.

• 4 weeks later...
i bought one of these a while ago as my first personal hookah. I quickly became annoyed with it. I had smoked quite a bit before out of several different hookahs. however, I didnt really know anything about the process or set up, so this was an uneducated purchase. I have since learned quite a bit, mostly through trial and error.

Unless you have everything set up perfectly, this hookah will suck to smoke. I'm talking the bowl packed wrong, too much/too little water, too hot/too cold coals.... Anything will mess this thing up. And once you get it right, its not even that good of a smoke. the stem is far too short for the smoke to cool down enough to not get harsh, plus it's so narrow that you have to pull really hard to get enough smoke out, furthering the harshness. Also, the bowl is too small to allow for enough water to properly filter and cool down the smoke, again adding to the harshness. Plus, the whole contraption is so light that it moves around when you move the hose.

Really, the smallest I would ever go on a hookah is about 15 inches. You need a little size for the physics of it to actually work.

Honestly, if your looking for a starter hookah that is the perfect combination of portability, affordability, and quality I would recommend the MYA QT. They sell it at hookah-shisha.com for only 5 dollars more than I paid for my pumpkin hookah, and the quality is loads better. It comes with a really convenient carrying case. My roommate got one as his first hookah, and the quality is actually quite nice.

But as for the pumpkin, i give it a 2/10. It gets 2 points because you actually can get some flavor and a nice buzz out of it. But you also have to deal with it being harsh. A lot.

• 5 months later...
Just purchased a pumpkin-like hookah from ebay, with an aluminum case included. Here's the pics:

I liked the glass center, and it was only $22 with shipping included. I figure I can replace the vase, which looks a bit too small. I'll write up more of a review once I receive & try it out smile.gif

Just got my purchase today, and after inspecting it, I'm quite happy smile.gif

Only a small complaint about the screw-on tube bit at the bottom of the stem leaks air a little, but it looks like an easily replacable part, I'll see if I can find some kind of plumbing hardware to use like a diffuser on the end of the stem.

What I thought was a glass baubel in the center of the stem is in fact acrylic, but it still looks nice. The quality is a little bit rough (of course being made in china) but for $20 I can't complain.

The clay bowl that came with it is pretty much worthless, it's very rough inside, really just a cheapy bowl, but I already have a replacement. I have one of those cheapy covered bowls, and it fits well enough (all the way down to the ashtray, and not wobbly, but not very tight either.)

The ash tray itself I was expecting to be very cheap, but its heavier than I expected, it's not bad at all.

The ball bearing in the exhaust valve doesn't seem to sit tight enough, maybe I need to lube it. You have to draw a little hard to get the valve closed (you can hear the ball clicking into place when it seals.) The other seals are good and tight. It comes with rubber grommets for the hose & base, and silicon (or plastic?) seal for the head.

The hose is obviously not the highest quality available, but it's decent for now. Not so stiff it moves the base, and long enough I can set the hookah on the floor and smoke comfortably in my recliner.

After checking everything out, I set up a bowl to see how it smokes with the covered bowl. 1st tried AW Bounty - not much smoke, flavor not to my liking. Switched to AF Lemon-Mint, better, lots of smoke (I will post reviews later.)

Well worth the $22 for this hookah smile.gif

I've got one of these as well, I mainly use it as a conversation piece on my coffee table so when guests ask what it is I can bust out my KM.

I smoked it 3 times, 2 of which were alright, the 1st time I sank like a lead brick and felt kind of like I was going to have carbon monoxide poisoning, hah. Pretty sure I had too little water and too much coal. The other 2 times were alright, not spectacular but it gets the job done.. it just takes some work.

The hose is garbage, I use an older MYA hose so I don't knock the hookah over with the stiff one that came with it.

• 2 months later...
QUOTE (rosc2112 @ Jan 4 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just purchased a pumpkin-like hookah from ebay, with an aluminum case included. Here's the pics:

I liked the glass center, and it was only $22 with shipping included. I figure I can replace the vase, which looks a bit too small. I'll write up more of a review once I receive & try it out smile.gif

I had this same one. smoked good a few times. now its rusty and everything tastes like rubber and crap. Don't Buy These. Save up and buy something good

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
im a big noob to hookah. just started smoking hookah and i love it. i love it so much i bought one... a yellow pumpkin.

my first time ever smoking hookah was about a week ago and my friend let me and some friends borrow his hookah(which happened to be a pumpkin) and we used "fantasia" bubble gum shisha. im not experienced, but to me it seemed like it smoked pretty good. my freind set it up and he used to have a few hookahs, so he knew what he was doing. later that day we started smoking it again, but this time my other friend and i set it up, i tried my best to do what my friend did, to my suprise, it smoked pretty well. unfortunatly a stupid dog came running in the house and knocked the hookah over. the bowl flew onto the floor and cracked. luckily my friend was super cool about it and we just went with him and bought him a bigger bowl.

i havent been able to get a good smoke out of mine yet though. all my stuff is store bought from a smoke shop by ASU. i have "fanstasia" shisha and "ram" fast lighting coals.

i was also wondering if it would be possible to buy a longer stem and a bigger bowl for it. and is it possible for me to add a hose?

overall i would give this a 8/10 for the first time i used one, but im not sure yet for mine.

• 3 months later...
[attachment=4681:Shisha AGER.JPG]

Here is mine, bought last summer in Tangiers (Morocco) in the souks. Smoking hookah was not part of the Morrocan culture, but nowadays, as anywhere else in the world you'll find waterpipes in the markets...

It is branded AGER, from NAKHLA Group, and seems made in China, with the same quality stantards as those branded Mitsuba, Habibi or Nibo, that is average. Well engineered, but materials could be better.

I love mine. Very nice colors and shape. Now, I fully agree with the first post on this thread: you've got to find the exact amount of water to fill the bottle, otherwise you get water through the hose.

• 2 weeks later...
the pumpkin was my first hookah i had not trouble figuring out how much water to put in it, i agree the bowl is nice, my tray was removable but was a crappy flat plate, my stem is boring but w/e does its job, the hose sucks i knocked my hookah over once with it, and had to throw the hose away it got pretty nasty, i ordered a mya hose for it, nothin special but better than the crap it came with. it smokes ok though ill stand by your rating of a 5/6 out of 10