Khalil Maamoon

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Fumare @ Jan 26 2007, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (NorthEastSmoker @ Jan 26 2007, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Fumare @ Jan 25 2007, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We have one in our store. I took picture with my cell phone, so its not the best quality. Its a yellow one.

what's your take on it? good hookah? noticably better than others? worse? same?

Its a very good hookah, my partner bought one for his house, it smokes very well, it is loud though when you inhale. I love the height of this thing, everyone who comes in the store looks at that one 1st before even looking at all the expensive MYA's. I love the hose on this thing it is extra wide and handle is very long. You can inhale it with out any effort. very smooth. I like it more then the MYA's. It comes with all the accessories straight out of the box. Brush for vase and brush for shaft. Lady figured tongs, large bowl, and vase base protector. The great thing about this hookah is that the stem extends almost all the way to the bottom of the vase.

Do you have a connection state-side that you bought that from? Or was that purchased from HC back when they were carrying them?

QUOTE (NorthEastSmoker @ Jan 26 2007, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Fumare @ Jan 26 2007, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (NorthEastSmoker @ Jan 26 2007, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Fumare @ Jan 25 2007, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We have one in our store. I took picture with my cell phone, so its not the best quality. Its a yellow one.

what's your take on it? good hookah? noticably better than others? worse? same?

Its a very good hookah, my partner bought one for his house, it smokes very well, it is loud though when you inhale. I love the height of this thing, everyone who comes in the store looks at that one 1st before even looking at all the expensive MYA's. I love the hose on this thing it is extra wide and handle is very long. You can inhale it with out any effort. very smooth. I like it more then the MYA's. It comes with all the accessories straight out of the box. Brush for vase and brush for shaft. Lady figured tongs, large bowl, and vase base protector. The great thing about this hookah is that the stem extends almost all the way to the bottom of the vase.

Do you have a connection state-side that you bought that from? Or was that purchased from HC back when they were carrying them?

I get them from a local vendor.

QUOTE (ghostofdavid @ Jan 26 2007, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am in the process of buying one and will be more than happy to let everyone know how smoothly my transaction went.

Yes, I am selling one to Ghost of David. This is our 1st time shipping out of state to a customer. We dont exactly sell to out of state customers. its taking me a little time to figure out shipping cost and how to set up payment thru credit card so its easier. If anyone or online shops can send me a pm on how to setup a credit card service that will make it easier. Dont worry ghostofdavid, I already put a note on your hookah saying "Sold" its yours, not going anywhere.

QUOTE (cymptom @ Jan 26 2007, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (b1m9x @ Jan 26 2007, 05:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's a pic of it, it has a Tangiers bowl

Ahh yes, I think I've seen you post this pic a while back. That's the premium package HC was selling, no? How's that hose?

The hookah is great, the hose was good untill i started smoking flavours other than double apple. It held in flavours and isn't washable, i tried to wash it but it rusted out. It finally went into the garbage after milk in the vase bubbled up into the hose. Right now i am just using air-con tubing, works great, as long as i want it, and its washable.

Oh, I think mine is stainless not brass

The new Khalil Mahmoon's are awful. Their new hoses have a strong, obnoxious chemical flavor that never seems to go away or subside. Their new hookahs are coated steel, not brass cores like they used to be. HUGE disappointment.

The old school brass core ones are indeed great.

QUOTE (cymptom @ Jan 28 2007, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For anyone interested, I just received an email confirming that the Khalil Mamouns at shisha-central.co.uk are brass cores coated in steel, and would cost £30 to ship up to 7kg to PA.

How could you prove it once you get it? New all brass ones are closer to $40 wholesale...which would correspond to like $100 retail...certainly not 30 BPd.

George at Hookah Company is moving towards getting Nour hookahs.

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Jan 29 2007, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (cymptom @ Jan 28 2007, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For anyone interested, I just received an email confirming that the Khalil Mamouns at shisha-central.co.uk are brass cores coated in steel, and would cost £30 to ship up to 7kg to PA.

How could you prove it once you get it? New all brass ones are closer to $40 wholesale...which would correspond to like $100 retail...certainly not 30 BPd.

George at Hookah Company is moving towards getting Nour hookahs.

I think he meant £30 to ship, not to purchase.

That's still a pretty penny >.<

Of course there's no way of proving it.... all we ever have to go by is what the retailer tells us.

Good to hear HC may be getting some Nours -- how likely is this to happen in the immediate future? Last I heard, George couldn't find any means of obtaining them. I'm hoping that has been worked out... ?

Yea... I e-mailed Hookah Company a week or two ago (at the prompting of many) and the general concensus was that he had no way of obtaining them and had no plans to do so... did something change between now and then?

I hope so, I want a nour!

hmmm i just bought a mamoon from kuala lumpur in malaysia for abt 50usd. haven't smoked it yet but it. one thing abt the mamoons i noticed its tht on alot of them the one way valve is defective, the ball doesn't sit properly on the hole cause the edge of the hole is crumpled sometimes. so check before buying. will have pics later tonight

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Jan 30 2007, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The importer of Al Amir is arranging some samples sent to Hookah Company. They are supposed to arrive Thursday!

Yeah, Nours!

I'm gonna keep a look out for them, I also really want a khalil I'd be interested in getting one from fumare if its possible