Khalil Maamoon

yah they freaking pull really well. their khalil maamoon hoses, although i think some people call them tundora's not sure if their the same. i got this from malaysia's capitol kuala lumpur. this little small in the indian quater

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

their not washable, i bought a couple so i can split the flavors up. they seem to be real leather not pleather. the only prob i see is the wooden handle aren't made well on the inside which leads to splinters in ur mouth, and the end dun really fit tht well into the handle. but a bit of tape does it right up. the pipe is good and smokes real well, esp when u clear the chamber, it goes from thick white to nothing in one hard blow, never seen tht before

OK! I just got this in from Fumare and I broke in the hookah yesterday. I used Al Waha Rose to break it in, yummy. This thing is a beast, too. It comes up to halfway up my mid-section... but I am on the short side. Ya know, not MUSHRAT short, but short. wink.gif I'll post pics later when I go home from work

I asked HC if they would be stocking Nours, and they said that the Nour manufacturer no longer imports to the US. Apparently they're looking into carrying other types of syrian hookahs similar to Nours, and they might not be around for some time yet sad.gif...

• 2 weeks later...
Style: Egyptian-typed Stainless Steel core on the stem. The decorated glass vase has the largest opening I have ever seen on a hookah. It is right around the two-inch mark. I am not sure how tall the stem is nor the actual vase, but with the hookah completely assembled with a Tangiers phunnel, it comes to the middle of my abdomen. I’m 5’8”, so, I’d say the hookah is around 4 and a half feet tall.

Stem/Tray: The stem feels very sturdy, but does not seem to have a brass core like others have described the older Khalil Maamoon pipes. The seemingly stainless steel stem has perfect symmetry from whatever form was used to create it. The downstem has a built in diffuser that works very well. The diffuser cannot be taken off, but if one desired, it could easily be cut off without affecting the smoke of the pipe because of how long the downstem actually is. The tray rests in an indentation on the top of the stem but does not stay in place. If hit, it could be knocked sideways which could be cause coals to fall off if coals are laying in the tray when you are setting up and if the tray is knocked. Very functional purge valve that clears the giant vase of smoke on one chamber clear. Valve is adjustable.

Vase: My vase is canary yellow with light silver-gold etches around the bell curve. Yellow perfect lines are painted horizontally around the vase. The vase is extremely study, extremely wide mouthed, and well made. No bubbles, thin glass spots, or imperfections that I could see with the naked eye.

Accessories: Comes with a large Khalil Maamoon hose that needs a little elbow grease to make it worthy of an enjoyable smoke. Electric or Teflon tape must be put on the hose in a few spots to make sure that the mouthpiece stays attached to the hose. I could not find a grommet that would work well with the hose and by Fumare’s recommendation, if you take strips of paper towels and slightly dampen them; they work best with the hose. The pipe also comes with a very comedic set of tongs that I will try and take a picture of. The bowl that came with my pipe had a very unique dark brown colour to it. When I held it up to the light, it actually had a few very dark green swirls through it as if someone had used the same paintbrush to paint both colours without washing the brush very well. It actually adds a lot of charm to the bowl. The grommets are the same thin white-opaque grommets most hookahs come with. The downstem grommet is a very thick black grommet. Yellow vase protector is very nice and matches the vase. This hookah also came with two different sets of brushes that are huge… which makes cleaning the pipe a breeze.

Over All Impressions and Final Thoughts:

This is an amazing traditional pipe that I don’t think I will ever take out of the house because of how cumbersome it is. It is just as functional as it is beautiful (very) and my friends love how it hits compared to my other pipes. You can sip on it with ease or take powerhits till you pass out and the smoke is always cool. I highly recommend placing this on a firm ground, rather than carpeted floor. The hose I live in has a slight lean to it because I’m poor and I live on a hill and this giant pipe could be knocked over in my room. If I place this on the wooden table top that I have in some of my hookah pictures, it is fairly sturdy. Such modern quality of the hookah makes it the best “traditional” pipe I have used to date.
Rating: 8.8/10

Pros:
- Amazing Look and Craftsmanship. Attention to detail can be seen in the hookah’s individual parts.
- Hits like Hank Aaron
- Always Cool Smoke

Cons:
- Wobbly from Height on Carpet
- The slight work necessary for the hookah/hose may cause noobs to cry like nursing babies.